Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Short story beginning....

3 posts in this topic

Posted

I wrote this for a school writing club I'm in. It isnt the entire thing though...

She walked up to the door. She could hear faint classical music coming from inside the house. Knowing that the door was locked, the took out a thin sliver of icy metal, and slid it into the lock. After a few moments of fiddling, she heard it click. Upon opening the door, she saw the ornate spiral staircase, made of red marble and some dark hardwood, that she was so accustomed to seeing.

She never took off her shoes, and the tracks of snow showed exactly where she went. Quietly, she climbed the staircase. Every tiny step seemed to take forever. Her thick, straight ebony hair swung in front of her rosy, cream colored cheeks with every single movement, and her coat, made of white fox fur, dragged behind her.

As she approached the top of the staircase, she saw the stained and blurred glass doorway. It was a double door, and was definately locked. As she neared the door, the music got progressively louder. She removed the sliver of metal from her pocket, and once again, slid it into the lock. It moved, but even without the click, she knew she had succeeded.

The two people in the room were not even paying attention, the music so loud now her head was sore. The couple in the room was dancing together. And when they turned their heads to see their intruder, it was for one reason, and one reason only. The click of a revolver hammer.

"I, I I can explain," the man studdered, as the woman fell back onto the bed.

"No, you can never apoligize for what you have done," the intruder seethed, driving the ornately carved barrel into his chest.

"I'm sorry! I'm begging you, please don't shoot," the man wimpered, and fell back. The woman on the bed reached for a nearby table, hoping to grab the decorative knife that rested on it. The intruder saw her, spun around, and the white sheets on the bed were eternally dyed crimson.

She spun around again, cocking the revolver, and once again drove the barrel into the man's chest.

"Please, no!", he cried, but it was too late. The music got very loud, and for that split second, only the sound of exploding gunpowder overpowered it. He fell to the ground dead. And a she slid the revolver into her coat pocket, the music stopped playing, and she walked back down the steps...

Posted

Woah man woah.

Posted

So I'm guessing the intruder was a woman that man had cheated on?