Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

You love this site. Help improve it!

30 posts in this topic

Posted

Dear, well, everyone! :)

I hope everyone is getting excited for the holiday season and breaks and whatnot, and you’re having a good time. I am afraid, however, that this isn’t going to be that good of a holiday for Hyrule.net! Dustin has recently gone missing. Word on the street is he has a job and school and commitments. That’s understandable, but unfortunate. We really have no idea when he will be back, so it is up to us to help the site grow and improve. Part of that involves getting more users to join. We are a fairly small site and are being lost. Directing more traffic to Hyrule is important.

It’s not like we don’t have enough to work with to draw in new users! More and more people are on break and using the internet during this time of year, and we have so many interesting Zelda things to talk about! With Spirit Tracks just arrived and so much gossip about the Zelda Wii game flowing in steadily, we have a lot we can work with.

Why aren’t we, then? This is something Tappy and I have been talking about a lot. We can't figure it out fully, so we need your help to improve the site. Please send in comments, criticism, or suggestions. Give us ideas on how to get more users to join, and how to foster a more welcoming community to make them want to stay. You must have something in mind, so share it!

Posted

For a little while, when I hit "New Content" I'd switch to the "Members" tab and greeted them all with a profile comment. I should start that up again. So should you all.

Anyways, I've gotten a decent status at at explodingdekunut.net fairly recently, so I may be able to convince some people there to give this site a try. They're a whole lot slower than us, so I'm sure some of them regulars would appreciate a second, more active community.

Posted

We could have a party, or a contest. Something to break the ice. I am insistent that we are going to get the best help from the other Zelda sites out there. No site's an island etc.

Posted

I really noticed how you stepped in to help the site during a difficult time. A week of +3 karma daily for you.

Well, what brought me to this site was a youtube video. Maybe we should start a new channel filled with interesting stuff.

Also, I think we need to appeal to a wider audience. We need to make this site seem more attractive to teenagers, because they are online more than younger children or adults.

We also need to encourage members to post more, with maybe a small reward of rupees. The lack of activity discourages newcomers.

Posted

Maybe we should hold contests for certain video games, like Mario Kart, Brawl and such, for reward of Karma, rupees and such?

Posted

I think we need something new... Something big, to attract new people... Hopefully, intelligent members.

Maybe something interactive? Or maybe like... A comic strip series? I dunno. Cool poop.

Posted

That sounds cool.dizzy.gif

Posted

Yes. Something like contests or the like with rewards is a great way to attract new people.

For example, a fanart or fanfiction or fangame competition or the like.

Posted

One problem is how, for lack of a better word, opinionated this site has become. When I log onto a Zelda site, I wanna talk about Zelda, not about gays being accepted, whether or not God exists, politics, etc. It'd be cool to talk about these things if these discussions didn't outnumber Zelda discussion 10 to 1.

People see this. Then they see a common opinion and feel pressured. What if I don't agree with these people? What if they don't like me? Then they just give us a pass.

Posted

One problem is how, for lack of a better word, opinionated this site has become. When I log onto a Zelda site, I wanna talk about Zelda, not about gays being accepted, whether or not God exists, politics, etc. It'd be cool to talk about these things if these discussions didn't outnumber Zelda discussion 10 to 1.

My thoughts exactly... It's been quite a while since I've seen any good/engaging Zelda conversations as compared to all these LAME topics. This was a major reason for one of my long recesses from the forums.

Posted

I also agree. (Even though i'm more than half the problem with the gay thing XD)

I think the Zelda boards should be above the General boards and such, their places switch. DO you know what I mean?

Posted

I personally don't care too much about Zelda discussions. I just enjoy talking with you people. (: Oh, and playing Werewolf.

Posted

Bah, talking to PEOPLE is overrated.

We should replace all of our users with androids and toasters... That'll get us more new members.

Posted

I also agree. (Even though i'm more than half the problem with the gay thing XD)

I think the Zelda boards should be above the General boards and such, their places switch. DO you know what I mean?

Nah man, it's cool, it's just that when these topics outnumber Zelda discussion on a Zelda forum so drastically we get a problem. People come here to talk about Zelda.

Posted

But does anyone agree with me that the Zelda boards should be above the generals and such?