Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SSBB+Clans=Clan wars

18 posts in this topic

Posted

This is going to be sorta complicated, but I believe it can be done. I'll outline it, explaining the tourney system and then the way clans would fight.

1. Clans organize a tourney. Since SSBB online doesn't have a tourney system([i]for some reason...[/i]), it would have to be organized within the clan forums themselves. Clan members would enter as one character(or two, depending on what people think), and battle it out until it comes to two final contestants. These two will make up the clan's fighting team, the team that would go head-to-head with another clan's team. These two would also fight, and the winner would be the Champion.
A. The two finalists in each clan's tourney makes up the Team. The better one between the two of them is the Champion.
Ex: Tappy and Min are the two finalists of Wisdom's tourney. The two fight, and Tappy wins. He is Wisdom's Champion.

B. Teams fight other teams head-to-head in an official clan match, it's as simple as that.
EX: Courage's Team vs. Power's Team.

C. Champions fight one-on-one with other clan champions, or 1 vs. 1 vs. 1. Champions are also used when two clans work together. The two allies' champions would make up the alliance's Team.
EX: Wisdom and Courage ally. Tappy and Adr, the teams Champions, team up to form the alliance's Team. They fight against Power's Team.
EX: Tappy, Adr, and Misa fight in a 3 player free for all. The winner of the match wins the dispute.
EX: Adr vs. Misa.

A clan might have an uneven amount of members who are able to participate. There needs to be a system that solves this problem. I'm thinking about 3 player free for all, but I think this should be debated. I don't know if that's quite the system that should be used.

Posted

So, you want Hyrule.net to hold a SSBB tournament amongst itself.

Posted

Basically, yes.

Hell, just a tourney among Hyrule.net, not even concerning the clans, would be kickass.

Posted

Ew.

Posted

I would personally agree.

Posted

[quote name='Guy Fawkes' date='25 December 2009 - 10:56 PM' timestamp='1261803371' post='267757']
Ew.
[/quote]
Explain.

The issue with clans going against each other in the past was that there was no way for them to fight. Before the clan system went down, people were trying to work out a system in chat where we could fight. It obviously never worked out.
And the problem with clan fights is that we have different amounts of members, and the only other way to have a clan war is to godmod, which just wouldn't work out.
This system allows for even fighting.

I'm not saying that we [i]should[/i] do this, I'm just putting the idea out here for debate.
And I would actually just prefer that Hyrule.net had a tourney as a whole. When you look at the index, you see:

[b]</h4>[quote]<h4>[url="http://www.hyrule.net/forum/index.php?/forum/19-gaming-zone-competitions/"]Gaming Zone & Competitions[/url][/b]
Talk about other games such as Guild Wars, Runescape, other video games, etc. Hold competitions and game tournaments such as Brawl, Mario Kart, etc.

[/quote]
It says "Competitions" very clearly, yet there are never any competitions.

Posted

link

Posted

I agree somewhat

Posted

I can only see one major flaw and that would be lag.

Posted

I kinda agree to that too

Posted

[quote name='Young Link Addict' date='14 February 2010 - 01:45 PM' timestamp='1266176725' post='278006']
I can only see one major flaw and that would be lag.
[/quote]
I never took this into account when I typed all this out.

Damn you Nintendo and your lag! >.<

Posted

lag is alway the biggest problem[img]http://www.hyrule.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/suspicious.gif[/img]

Posted

Guess it's back to lame wars and godmoding.

I always figured we could settle Clan Wars with structured RPs. Your idea was much better, and actually quite well thought out. But sadly, a perfect solution to Clan Wars has been out of our grasp...

Maybe if we stole another forum's system for war? We really can't be the only forum on the internet that wants to have its members consumed in franctionized war?

Posted

I kinda been agreeing to everything when Ihave no clue what this is plz explain

Posted

There was a SSBB tournament here a long time ago, and it didn't go too well.

Basically, 2-3 matches never happen for some reason, and the tournament is just stopped in its tracks because everyone is waiting on the results of the fight. This was in the active days of the site, mind you.