Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Twilight Saga: New Moon

40 posts in this topic

Posted

I still can't get past the first chapter of Twilight.

In all seriousness, Bella is the most bland thing I've ever seen and the only time I wasn't pissed off at her for being like "Ch." or "Oh goodness I will rant for three pages about how Eddy hates my guts" was when she was describing her new truck.

Seriously, that truck should be a recurring character.

It's the most interesting thing I've seen so far and possibly the most interesting thing I'll see in the series.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I still can't get past the first chapter of Twilight.

In all seriousness, Bella is the most bland thing I've ever seen and the only time I wasn't pissed off at her for being like "Ch." or "Oh goodness I will rant for three pages about how Eddy hates my guts" was when she was describing her new truck.

Seriously, that truck should be a recurring character.

It's the most interesting thing I've seen so far and possibly the most interesting thing I'll see in the series.

Sahaqiel

Because Bella is a shell that female readers or viewers can cram their own personalities and dreams into. She's only there to provide physical substance, seeing as though teenage girls can't actually be in the book or movie.

Also, I don't watch anime, Adipocere =D

Posted

I don't watch anime. I used to have a huge biased against anime, in fact. Saha is trying to change that, though.

Posted

I don't watch anime either. I used to, but now none are that good.

Posted

What's wrong with the music I listen to?

Posted

Actually you can. Just because you can't doesn't mean other people can't. The whole world can't be as "perfect" as you.

Posted

I like how you guys are pretending to have standards when it comes to entertainment when you're all anime fans.

Baseless: you've never seen the anime you mock, only the fans. And there are hundreds/thousands/whatever of anime, whereas there's a limited Twilight canon.

I don't watch anime either. I used to, but now none are that good.

Baseless: you've never seen the anime you mock. You just go with what the people that bully you think.

In fact, I remember when you said you were warming up to anime only because your bullies were.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Not baseless at all. You dislike anime, and say you don't watch it.

If you have watched anime, there's a big chance you haven't covered anything that you would actually like, because you can't judge something like anime, because it's a very general term that branches into pretty much every genre, and uses the same plot elements as anything you have watched.

Also, who was that directed at? I don't even watch TV. How would my tastes in it be mainstream?

Sahaqiel

Posted

come on Figurehead. you and I have different music tastes. Why do you have to disrespect mine?

Posted

Baseless: you've never seen the anime you mock, only the fans. And there are hundreds/thousands/whatever of anime, whereas there's a limited Twilight canon.

Baseless: you've never seen the anime you mock. You just go with what the people that bully you think.

In fact, I remember when you said you were warming up to anime only because your bullies were.

Sahaqiel

Yeah, but I tried to watch Inuyasha and they only showed the same episode twice in 3 months so I just gave up. Besides they don't show it anymore to my knowlage. They don't show Dragon Ball Z anymore so I can't watch it. And I don't feel like watching anime on the computer. Hm now that I think about it Adult Swim doesn't show anime anymore... Kinda odd.

Posted

who said Inuyasha and DBZ counted as good?

Posted

DBZ was the best anime I've ever watch. At least it has action and fighting unlike other anime I've seen. I don't even care about Inuyasha

Posted

Keep this topic on topic people.

I'll give you a hint: It's not about anime. :/

Posted

It's closer to home than you think.

'Cause this is all about entertainment standards.

We've all pretty much come to the conclusion that we don't think it's very good, except for a few, so the general consensus stands and there's no new information until more people come in or previous people come up with points. Mine being the book is bland and the fanbase is nuts.

We could either try to explain why it's good or debate about why it's bad.

I see your point, but, you will see mine in a minute.

Like my friend on the bus I must point out that if you think DBZ is the best anime you've watched, then you need to watch more anime.

Besides, how would it be the best one you've watched if the only anime you've watched are DBZ and one episode of Inuyasha?

Twilight is often hailed as great, but by a fanbase with a limited scope for books.

So, there you go.

YLA is like Twilight's fanbase for anime, and therefore loves Twilight.

Sahaqiel

Posted

But I never read the book nor saw the movie. Nor do I have a disire to read or watch it either.