Something we all hate about Zelda?

97 posts in this topic

Posted

ALRIGHT.

I just got the Spirit Tracks game. I love it, It's different.

First it's a horse.

Then it's a boat.

Now it's a train. Brilliant.

The spirit Tower, however, get's frustrating at times. I still havn't finished this game and I'm stuck on Floor 27. The three locked doors? I chose the middle door.

puppying mind blowing that I picked the "wrong door" And how am I supposed to undo this poo? I mean really. I tried "solving" the puzzle with the torches and I just can't

figure it out.

Any tips, answers, or "haha your puppying stupid"'s?

Posted

It poisons the minds of impressionable children with it's lies.

Also the Water Temple of OOT is a dick.

Thank God I only played through that game once. I say once. I actually never beat it*. D;

*not because of the Water Temple

Posted

I'm not getting Spirit Tracks. Toon Link will be all of what Zelda is soon. But, it's good to know, after Spirit Tracks, it's not going to be Toon Link. In my opinion, Toon Link was just the creators of Zelda getting lazy.

Posted

The water temple was so easy! I went through it in a breeze! I had to go through it twice though, my ds died. :// I'm on the part with the compass of light and I can't get passed it. UHG, gay.

TOON LINK is lazy drawing, lets get some graphics people, graphics!

Posted

I'm not getting Spirit Tracks. Toon Link will be all of what Zelda is soon. But, it's good to know, after Spirit Tracks, it's not going to be Toon Link. In my opinion, Toon Link was just the creators of Zelda getting lazy.

Totally man, you tell them.

Also, Toon Link + Gore would be awesome. Cel-shaded blood and guts would be something I haven't seen at least.

I need a DS. :/

Posted

Toon is an aesthetically pleasing and smooth style, just as realism is. :/

I like how some people dislike the toon style, yet prefer anime to live action.

I would say the thing I most hate about Zelda is how some of its fans think that realism is the way to go, 100%, no exceptions, and that they think it's not a good game if it's not realistic and yet have only played Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask/Twilight Princess and then say Majora's Mask was the weakest and say TP was better than Ocarina of Time. They then hate cel shading/toon style and say it is kiddy despite never really playing the game without a predetermined bias against toon style and don't enjoy the game because of it, then say it's a bad game/style just because.

In other words, graphic whores.

Because a game where boomerangs make tornadoes and time travel is accomplished with music is realistic.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Toon Link is an aesthetically pleasing and smooth style, just as realism is. :/

I would say the thing I most hate about Zelda is how some of its fans think that realism is the way to go, 100%, no exceptions.

In other words, graphic whores.

Because a game where boomerangs make tornadoes and time travel is accomplished with music is realistic.

Sahaqiel

lol YLA

And realism in games isn't based on what's possible and what's not, it's that if things in the game were possible in reality, they would look they way they are represented in-game if the events were to transpire in our own world.

IMO at least.

Posted

I understand that, but why ask for realistic graphics when you can't take things being realistic? I look at the toon styled world just like any other world, only from a different perspective.

Besides, like 90% of modern games are realistic looking. It gets boring.

I don't play games for how realistic they are. Have we all forgotten about actual fun?

Also, I added more onto my previous post.

Anyways, moving this to the appropriate section.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Realism is by far better. And we all know it. When did the first toon link show up? Windwaker? That game is okay, but if it was realism, it wouldn't have worked.

It's half and half

50-50.

But in Hourglass of time, Realism would have deffinatly worked. TOO MANY BOATS! Glad the water drained.

I hated Twilight princess. They threw realism and toon together. :// Which blew the operation into pieces. We need story lines. Lets make our way back to the gamecube or

I did love Midna though. <33 Props to her design.

Posted

Realism is by far better. And we all know it. When did the first toon link show up? Windwaker? That game is okay, but if it was realism, it wouldn't have worked.

It's half and half

50-50.

But in Hourglass of time, Realism would have deffinatly worked. TOO MANY BOATS! Glad the water drained.

I hated Twilight princess. They threw realism and toon together. :// Which blew the operation into pieces. We need story lines. Lets make our way back to the gamecube or [?]

Bolded above are inconsistencies that make you lose all credibility with me.

Realism being better is your opinion, and you say it's better yet say Wind Waker wouldn't have worked with it.

It's called Phantom Hourglass, and you're on an ocean, of course there will be boats.

The water didn't drain.

Twilight Princess didn't throw realism and toon style together. Toon Link in Brawl did, however, and it was wonderful. And I don't see how using a style wrecks anything.

Twilight Princess had a story, unless you can't read. Or see, for that matter. It had some pretty in depth cut scenes.

It [TP] was originally for the Game Cube, and if we worked our way back to it, we'd find two toon style games, Wind Waker and Four Swords Adventures.

Or what?

Also, just noticed, you like Spirit Tracks.

Spirit Tracks is in toon style.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Besides, like 90% of modern games are realistic looking. It gets boring.

I don't play games for how realistic they are. Have we all forgotten about actual fun?

Also, I added more onto my previous post.

Anyways, moving this to the appropriate section.

Sahaqiel

This is why Ridge Racer is, and probably always will be, my favourite racing game. Drift round corners, speed up the straight, drift around the next corner, head up the straight, win. Now, play any other game on the market and it's, drive up the straight, turn, flip, crash, catch fire, explode, lose.

It's half and half

50-50.

I hated Twilight princess. They threw realism and toon together. :// Which blew the operation into pieces. We need story lines. Lets make our way back to the gamecube or

I liked the style of Twilight Princess a lot personally. And I agree with you on that Wind Waker wouldn't have been as good if realistic. Without the vibrant colours and fun they made of the ocean, with random things to jump over and such, it wouldn't be as fun. If it was realistic, you would be crushed by a wave and drowned in minutes.

Edit:

It's called Phantom Hourglass, and you're on an ocean, of course there will be boats.

I think she meant the number of games involving boats, not the boats involved the game.

Posted

Phantom hourglass

Hourglass of time.

Same difference, that game was a failure anyways.

I miss the Zoras.

And yes I did mean the number of games with boats.

Posted

While the Ridge Racer thing is a good point, I was just talking about how games look.

Guess how games will look if they're all realistic?

Exactly the same.

Because there's only one reality.

And that is boring.

Give it a change of pace.

What happened to the good times where we played 2D games that were blocky piles of pixels? Those games were classic because they were fun, not because a graphic whoring fanbase wanted it to look photorealistic.

You still lose credibility with me.

Also, two games with boats.

Three if you include how you could canoe in Twilight Princess.

And why do you hate the boats? Because you sail across an ocean and it gets boring eventually?

Welcome to reality.

Just be lucky you don't have to eat hard tack/the leather in your belt and get scurvy like real pirates, yar.

Or is that too real for you?

Sahaqiel

Posted

What I just posted a 3 paragraph page and it never appeared? Screw it I'm too lazy to retype it. It was pretty intellectual too.

Anyway here's the short choppy unintellectual version.

Realistic graphics make games dark. Cel-shade makes games look happy. Like in WW where pretty much everyone in the game went on without a care. Like they knew everything was going to be ok in the end. PH was a dream so of course it's happy because it was a good dream.

My last paragraph just stated why cel-shade gives games a happy care-free atmosphere. I also stated how cel-shade isn't that bad of graphics for a childish game, but Zelda, in most cases, is a serious game and needs serious graphics to make it look good. Besides I still can't play cel-shade without sunglasses. That's a negative for ST.

Posted

I kind of hate how all the games are essentially the same plot-wise, and they reuse puzzles a lot like lighting the torches to make the chest appear. Nintendo needs to be a bit more innovative.