Something we all hate about Zelda?

97 posts in this topic

Posted

Toon Link is old-school link.

Posted

ALSO, I don't like that ST has so little places to visit.

So 6 towns, 14 smaller stations, and 6 dungeons is little to visit? I was impressed at the wealth of places you could go to in ST, and that the world was so big.

Also, Toon Link IS the original Link, and WW is my favorite Zelda. Wind Waker is the best looking Zelda IMO

Posted

Actually Saha is right those are the old school Links. Though if you want to go by the Time Line, Young Link is old school Link. TL is not. He's like a new penny. A penny that has been thrown on the ground of NYC and eventually ended up in a sewer.

Yeah I don't know I just typed the first thing that came to mind. :D

Posted

Actually Saha is right those are the old school Links. Though if you want to go by the Time Line, Young Link is old school Link. TL is not. He's like a new penny. A penny that has been thrown on the ground of NYC and eventually ended up in a sewer.

Yeah I don't know I just typed the first thing that came to mind. :D

There is no timeline and I don't think the world evolved into different art styles. Those were just the pictures used to tell the legend in each individual tale.

It's called The Legend of Zelda for what i think is a real reason. To show that these are not accurate to what supposedly transpired. Legends involve dragons, dungeons and all kinds of mystical places and situations. This could all be set on our own planet, as tales passed down to us upon tattered papers, the tale told and retold so many times that it has been stripped of what little truth it might have held. That's what Legends are, and that's what i believe The Legend of Zelda is all about.

I never really believed in a timeline after considering the title. I even called upon the fact they were legends back while RPing once, asking whether Link was what he was told to be, a great, untainted hero. He could have murdered many innocent, gone mad with power. He could have been fighting to take down Hyrule and reign over it as a king in the original fables told.

I like to question everything, even if it is trivial in nature.

Posted

The old school Links were drawn in 80s cartoon style.

Therefore, would actually be counted toon, technically.

The Legend of Zelda has never been in a photorealistic style like Resident Evil.

Toon Link as we know him today is just deeper into the toon look.

And is still pretty cool.

Sahaqiel

Posted

ZOMG SAHA SPOILERS

Jumping in the middle of this debate out of no where, yeah, But Spirit tracks actually has some really good graphics in places. I was pretty impressed by the goron shooting range's graphics. Those were great. The only thing frusterating me is the fact that the only thing keeping me from getting the full set of dragon train is one measley dark pearl necklace treasure item. It's retarded that I'm finding more regal rings than I am dark pearls. Thats a real statistic, btw. Wheres is the best place to get dark pearls?

And the only thing I didn't like about windwaker was that it was almost too easy. But it was a really good game. I'm having a hard time finding ways not to like it.

Posted

In my pointless and unread opinion, I think that humor in the Legend of Zelda actually improves it.

Posted

Skillfully avoiding your entire paragraph with my eyes, pheonix, and crossing my fingers as I read your last sentence, hoping it wasn't some important by-the-way spoiler, I managed to wrap up the text in spoiler tags.

And yeah, it was pretty easy.

But then, I always thought Ocarina of Time was kinda' easy, as well as Twilight Princess.

Nintendo Hard stopped being Nintendo Hard after LttP.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I couldn't even beat ALttP. In fact I went in the wrong dungeon. I went to the second one instead of the the first one. :(

Posted

Yarg, the games are definitely getting easier. The hardest puzzle in Twilight Princess is probably pushing the ice block around in the mansion. Wind Waker it was definitely the 50 room challenge, combat-wise. That's the only place I died. Phantom Hourglass was a joke, though the controls would sometimes get me killed. Like, Link would roll or move instead of attack when I tapped. That gets really annoying. I want a hard Zelda game. One that makes me go "Oh MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?" and then bite my pillow and keep playing. I LOVE those moments. Demon's Souls is my new Zelda.

Posted

WW wasn't hard I was just lied to. Also my copy must've been abused or something because it's the most glitchiest game I have. :mellow:

Posted

Yarg, the games are definitely getting easier. The hardest puzzle in Twilight Princess is probably pushing the ice block around in the mansion. Wind Waker it was definitely the 50 room challenge, combat-wise. That's the only place I died. Phantom Hourglass was a joke, though the controls would sometimes get me killed. Like, Link would roll or move instead of attack when I tapped. That gets really annoying. I want a hard Zelda game. One that makes me go "Oh MY GOD WHAT THE puppy IS THIS poo?" and then bite my pillow and keep playing. I LOVE those moments. Demon's Souls is my new Zelda.

There IS this title called The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks.................

Posted

And I own it =) but I can't play it until I get to my DS, which is sitting at my dorm, waiting on my return on the 9th.

Posted

And I own it =) but I can't play it until I get to my DS, which is sitting at my dorm, waiting on my return on the 9th.

Well I think you'll be happy with ST's difficulty. The first couple of temples are pretty easy, but the puzzles get much, much harder later on the game.

Posted

I apologize, saha. I could not find a button to activate the spoilers thing. and I still cant. anyways the last sentence wasn't anything important, you don't need to worry.