Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A present!

121 posts in this topic

Posted

a particular tendency or inclination, esp. one that prevents unprejudiced consideration of a question; prejudice.

Posted

Google search: "define:bias"

So simple.

Posted

You're a Higher candidate too? Awesome!

I'm doing English, Maths, Biology, Modern Studies and History, all highers.

I was forced to do Maths though, I wanted to do Int 2 Cake Decoration!:(

Posted

Here.

Bias is a term used to described a tendency or preference towards a particular perspective, ideology or result, especially when the tendency interferes with the ability to be impartial, unprejudiced, or objective

Yup that sounds nothing like me.

Posted

Cake Decoration? I want to live in Sterling ): I might be taking Modern Studies as a Higher next year too, seeing as I got a 2 in it for my Standard Grades. I think I'll be allowed anyway.

My school misses out on a few things actually. Like Psychology, Drama and probably some other stuff you get. I never got into History. There's no future in History, after all.

Also, Modern Studies unit on International Relations for Standard Grade, what country did you do? We did the USA.

Posted

where did this arguement start?

LOLOLOLOLOL!

YLA at 6:51, Silves at 6:52, then i posted this at 6:53

Posted

Yup that sounds nothing like me.

Preference to anything but Toon Link.

Posted

^That's not being biased though. Sure you don't see me like anything with Toon Link in, but I have my reasons. Same with cel-shade. If it didn't give me chronic headaches it wouldn't be that would be a bit better, but it's still unforgivable that he's in Brawl and Young Link is not. Although without him I would've never played the Mother series... Bah I'm better off without him although he... I'm going to stop pointless rambling now.

Posted

We did Africa in International Relations I think. It was not fun. But we did America as well, as another unit instead, so I dunno.

Higher Modern Studies is even more boring though just to warn you :/ (well for me it's boring)

History is the best subject, the past is more interesting than the lousy future. I need to get an A in this, it would help immensely in doing history at uni :)

Posted

I agree. History is my best subject because I love to learn about it. It's entertaining 95% of the time. The other 5% is politics. That's pretty boring to learn about.

Posted

We did Africa in International Relations I think. It was not fun. But we did America as well, as another unit instead, so I dunno.

Higher Modern Studies is even more boring though just to warn you :/ (well for me it's boring)

History is the best subject, the past is more interesting than the lousy future. I need to get an A in this, it would help immensely in doing history at uni :)

Awesome. I'll probably be doing something with Biology I think, seeing as that's my favourite and best subject.

And as long as there's pages and pages of note taking I don't have to think over, I like the class. Time passes quickly when you have work which is why I liked it in Standard Grade. I'm so fun.

Guessing you're 5th year?

Also, what'd you do for English Personal Study?

And yeah, what I said about History isn't totally true anyway. We might need some of the ideas in the future and it's always good to have them available if you're building or whatever to know methods used in the past and such. Plenty to learn from the past.

Posted

Yeah politics is what Modern Studies mainly consists of, I always feel tired in that class :D

Posted

I think we should stop talking about how biased Yla is, thereby steering poor ~cascade~'s thread away from it's original purpose.

Also:

I don't like this icecream because I found a dead rat in it. That means that I will not like any icecream. I am biased.

Posted

Well maybe if certain somebodies would stop saying I'm biased, when clearly I'm not, we wouldn't have this problem now would we?

Also that last sentence is crazy talk. Just because one ice cream is bad doesn't mean they're all bad.

Posted

I think we should stop talking about how biased Yla is, thereby steering poor ~cascade~'s thread away from it's original purpose.

Also:

I don't like this icecream because I found a dead rat in it. That means that I will not like any icecream. I am biased.

The black person hit my shoulder ):

All black people are bad.

I am not biased.