Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Christians...

190 posts in this topic

Posted

Catholics have a LOT of rules. Infact, they taught that the earth was the center of the universe till the early 90's. See, they have a LOT of rules and teachings, but no one is atcually dumb enough to follow most of them.

Posted

Catholicism is huge on rules. Kinda. Like, the church has a ton of traditions, principles, ideals, rules, guidelines, etc.

But most people don't follow everything. You just go along with Mass and then go back to your daily life 6 days a week and forget church exists. You know, like every other denomination.

Posted

Yeah, that's the main problem with Catholicism. All the rules, rituals, and traditions that you have to follow detract from the actual worship of God.

Posted

I disagree with you Lionheart. Yea, as a Catholic, most of my peers and I just went through the motions. I also observed this with the adults. But my friend is a Christian, of a protestant denomination. He seems to be full of passion for God. I really envy that. You know, knowing that everything is gonna be alright and that someone will always love you. I never learned to think that way. It's foreign to me, but it seems amazing.

Posted

post-9085-1269477717474061_thumb.jpg

Posted

I used to a Catholic until one stormy night when I was 8 where I prayed to God hoping he would make the school close for a day and I would go Confession more often, and he never did :'C

Seriously, I used to be Catholic until it (and religion generally) just conflicted too much with my ideals (I'm sure you can guess what those are) so I'm atheist. And being forced to go to Mass as a punishment didn't exactly...help :3

But obviously, everyone's allowed to believe in what they want. C:

Posted

What are your ideals, Cascade?

Posted

I have a very cynical view, which may or may not be right. There's no way of knowing. I just think that most Christians go through the motions and act like they love God, because that's what their parents/friends/preachers tell them to do. They don't do it because they actually believe.

With that said, I could be completely wrong. It just seems to be this way to me. Do I believe in God? Yes, but I hate preachers. They're always hypocritical and always tell you what you do wrong. I hate going to church. I know what I do wrong, and I can't help it. Instead of pointing out my faults, try and lead me to God by telling me what I can do right.

This is just my mini Christian rant.

Posted

I agree with your preacher hate. Just look at the Ted Haggard scandal. Haha.

Posted

I'm a Southern Baptist and devout Christian, but I don't have an attitude that legalistic Baptists do (where you have to be of a certain race and do certain steps to assure salvation). That's the misconception a lot of people have about Southern Baptists. They exist, but it's not all of it. I'm pretty devout, as I said... I try to let my faith show in all I do, but I'm not going to shove my beliefs down someone's throat. I have been made fun of, mostly online, about my faith and beliefs, but eh, I usually brush it off.

I think I get where you're coming from Lionheart. Personally, I like my youth pastor... he tells us how it is with what the Bible says and doesn't pull punches. But he also tells us what we can do to improve, not just condemning us with what we've done wrong. We don't have an actual pastor just yet, so I can't really say what the main pastor preaches... Although we did have one that I just couldn't really stand listening to at one point. Although granted, I didn't feel like I was learning much during those sermons... but I was also new to the church and being a Baptist (I had just converted from Catholic)