Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Christians...

190 posts in this topic

Posted

/bandwagon fail

Jo has the power to resist this poo.

However, Jo has the power to have his own views, as well. Like for one, I heard one pastor, brother, preacher, whatever he was, tell me that music that wasn't worshiping God was sinful, because it glorifies man instead. I was younger back then, so I just sat there silent like everyone else. Now, I know better. Music isn't glorification unless if the song was clearly written to glorify something. Music is expression, just like any other form of art. Kthxbai.

Also, cursing, cussing, whatever you want to call it. Give me a list of words in the Bible/Torah(A.K.A. the Old Testament) that I can't use and I'll abide by it. I'll refrain from cursing people to Hell and saying "G.D." I'm pretty sure that's good enough, all the rest are obviously words that old people simply didn't like, so they decided to demonize them.

And instantly damning someone because of their beliefs isn't a way to do things, in my opinion, and isn't what should be Christian. You don't force salvation. You don't scare people into salvation. They come of their own accord. I'm pretty sure that after you force someone to be saved or scare them into it, they'll only do it because it's being forced upon them, or for impure reasons. That's why I'm friendly to people of other religions and such, because that's simply the way I should be. Damning everyone who does something differently sets a bad example, and makes the rest of your own religion look terrible.

And I hate it when leaders use religion as a reason to kill. The Crusades are an excellent example of this, with the Pope himself calling everyone to arms, regardless of the fact that the first commandment states very clearly, "Thou shalt not kill". The Popes who called for these wars had religion on their lips and not in their hearts. Hypocrites.

That's all I've got say right now, hell, I don't really know what else to say at the moment.

Posted

@Jo-Bengt

Ow. My eyes. Split the block of text up.

Posted (edited)

Cry me a river, I'll fix it in a second.

EDIT:

Fix'd.

Edited by Jo-Bengt (see edit history)

Posted

maaaaaan I dont even know what to vote for :(

Posted

I voted yes, because I can.

Why does this make me feel like a smartass?

Posted

Jo has the power to resist this poo.

However, Jo has the power to have his own views, as well. Like for one, I heard one pastor, brother, preacher, whatever he was, tell me that music that wasn't worshiping God was sinful, because it glorifies man instead. I was younger back then, so I just sat there silent like everyone else. Now, I know better. Music isn't glorification unless if the song was clearly written to glorify something. Music is expression, just like any other form of art. Kthxbai.

Yea, pastors, priests, whatever do say stupid aimless crap sometimes. I will give you that. The entire Christmas sermon at out church was about trees.

Also, cursing, cussing, whatever you want to call it. Give me a list of words in the Bible/Torah(A.K.A. the Old Testament) that I can't use and I'll abide by it. I'll refrain from cursing people to Hell and saying "G.D." I'm pretty sure that's good enough, all the rest are obviously words that old people simply didn't like, so they decided to demonize them.

I swear to some extent, but I'm not like %%^&^^*#^#$@@%&%%(($&*$%^#$%@!#%$^&*%&*@$$@#@#%^&*%*&(#&%^!@$%@#$!@%$!@#$~#@$!@#$@!$~@$ or anything.

And instantly damning someone because of their beliefs isn't a way to do things, in my opinion, and isn't what should be Christian. You don't force salvation. You don't scare people into salvation. They come of their own accord. I'm pretty sure that after you force someone to be saved or scare them into it, they'll only do it because it's being forced upon them, or for impure reasons. That's why I'm friendly to people of other religions and such, because that's simply the way I should be. Damning everyone who does something differently sets a bad example, and makes the rest of your own religion look terrible.

Exactly. Setting buses on fire because they had atheist advertisements on them is not cool.

And I hate it when leaders use religion as a reason to kill. The Crusades are an excellent example of this, with the Pope himself calling everyone to arms, regardless of the fact that the first commandment states very clearly, "Thou shalt not kill". The Popes who called for these wars had religion on their lips and not in their hearts. Hypocrites.

Pope Innocent (4th?) killed thousands of people loyal to him (Templars). I'm also not Catholic( I'm Lutneran), so I don't really are about the Pope.

My thoughts are in red.

Posted

Kill, kill, kill. I'm the Pope and I like to kill, kill, kill.

No offense to the current generation of Catholics, I'm just sayin'.

Posted

Discussions on religion are some of the most annoying and heated D//:

I believe God is inside all of us and everything. We have to be God by being our best, doing what makes you happy and being kind to others. Because of this, I take the bible with a grain of salt. I think what really matters is self-discipline. I also admire and respect other religions, especially Buddhism. I also respect agnostics for their opinion, and I NEVER impose my religion on anyone. It always annoys me when I see Christians repeatedly putting down other's opinions (not saying Adr990 has, I haven't read his posts, lol). Everyone's opinion is equally valid, I just don't buy that the universe spawned out of nothing. I have a bunch of atheist friends and we all get along fine. Everyone needs to be tolerant and not put down other's opinions.

Although I have been disappointed with some honestly disgusting church services in the past, putting down women and homosexuals. I do go to a nice church when I am home, where the message is always tolerance and love, so not all churches are full of hatemongers. Peace and Love! : ) ☮

Amen, bruddah man. I can't tell you how hawt this post is. Props.

Posted

Sigh...

I love you guys. Stop fighting, really. I'm glad I'm a Christian and wouldn't have it any other way. But if other people don't see things the same way, or have found their own lot in life, I can't change how they feel. It's a moot point to argue about, because God cannot be proven/disproven beyond a reasonable doubt. It just isn't possible. And when Adr says that we need Jesus, I just accept it and roll with the punches. Because frankly, believe it or not, he thinks he's doing the right thing. And that's all that matters, right? Regardless if he's a little disillusioned, he meant well.

Posted

Yes SJ, I did just say that you aren't a god. So...yea)

Shame, you had something with that, but then it just died. You see, when people end things with "and/so... yeah", or something of that nature, their point loses all credibility. It sounds like they have no idea what they hell they're talking about, as if you did to begin with.

Being a member of an English speaking forum is one thing. Being appointed to post news when English clearly isn't your first language is another. It makes the front page look active and all, but very unprofessional if there are glaring grammatical mistakes all over the place. Call me mean or a b*tch all you want, but I'm just being realistic. Then again, I don't check the news section at all anymore (since I can't add to it), so I don't know how relevant that still is. But we digress.

regardless of the fact that the first commandment states very clearly, "Thou shalt not kill".

Correct me if I'm wrong (which I never am), but the first commandment is that God is the one true god and to deny all false idols; shall not kill is the fifth (or sixth, depending on what denomination you are, I suppose). We can learn a thing or two about the basics of our faith now.

Because ADR can't type in competant English. Am I right, folks?

Insults are usually more effective when they're spelled properly.

Posted

Let me pull a quote from the Bible, please.

They replied, "We want to perform God's works, too. What should we do?"

Jesus told them, "This is the only work God wants from you: Believe in the one he has sent."

That's it, Adr. You don't have to go out of your way to punish gays, or feel sorry for them. Would you like another?

[Jesus speaking] "I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love. When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father's commandments and remain in his love. I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow!"

"This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you. There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends."

So, believe in Jesus and love everyone the same way Jesus loved them. As far as I know, Jesus ate with prostitutes, tax collectors, thieves, and all kinds of bad people. He gave his life for everyone. So Adr, why are you going to such extents to tell them that they're wrong? Love them like Jesus loved them and forgive them. In the words of Relient K "You can't see past the blood on my hands to see that you've been aptly damned to fail and fail again, because we're all guilty of the same things."

Posted

I thought it was the first :unsure:.

Besides the point. You get my drift, it's against the commandments, and the Pope, of all people, should have been more pure.

Plus, the basics? Do we really need to know what exact order they came in? I think not, only that we need to follow them.

Thou shalt not kill came across as the first one, because it's an important one. How many people die every day? Every second? How many are murders? Probably the majority. People are tempted to kill all the time, and God bringing the hammer down and making it his law not to is very important. It encourages action that doesn't involve death. It encourages thinking, diplomacy. What if the church had attempted a peaceful, diplomatic solution to the Islamic occupation in the Holy Land? The Crusades might have been avoided. But the church didn't, and many people died because of it. That's why the commandment is in place, to prevent tragedies like that.

I hear people blame religion for The Crusades. I blame the leaders who began it, who, as I said before, had religion on their lips and not in their hearts. It was leaders manipulating a popular religion to get what they wanted. Blaming the Crusades on religion is like blaming a pencil for being picked up.

But, I digress.

Posted

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind is the first one. Love your neighbor as you love yourself is the second. Those are the most important. If you do those two, the rest should fall into place.

Like, with this gay argument, if Adr would put himself in their shoes and love them then he would be a bit more understanding.

Posted

What I don't seem to get is how it feels like there's hostility towards Christians on this site. We have our religion just like anyone else, and it just happens to be the world's largest religion. So what? I don't see anyone talking about Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, etc. What's up with that?

Posted

lol

It's because there are a lot of Christians. At the same time, there are a lot of atheists and LGBTs.

Of course there's going to be conflict.

When you say you are the world's largest religion, that also gives the appearance of bragging.

It's not like most people on Earth are Christian. And your religion is only like that because there have been the most deaths over it. Christianity finds it way into power in Rome. What happens? Rome kills or converts everyone. Spain finds its way into the Americas, with Christianity. What happens? Spain kills or converts everyone.

Bragging about being the world's leading religion that claims peace when the only reason it's the largest is because of how it contradicts itself on peace isn't something you should be proud of.

Sahaqiel