Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sleep.

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I always want to sleep because I'm always tired. I want to sleep to stop thinking about all the things I need to do and just stop thinking entirely - to escape reality. Unfortunately, sleeping makes me jump immediately to the next day which will likely be even worse than the already bad present. Therefore I face the choice of living with the terribly stressful present and continue wanting sleep, yet be safe in what I no is only this bad. Or should I stop this and hope that tomorrow might be better even though I'm just running away from the thoughts and work that will ultimately build up even higher tomorrow.

The best solution to this that would instantly be suggested is to just assume that the next day will be good until proven otherwise, but as much as I try, I cannot convince myself of this outlook. Perhaps it is because I already know now what I will have to do tomorrow and I dread it. What can I do? Do things ahead of time? That would make sense, but how can I finish anything when my mind refuses to focus and continually wanders to irrelevant thoughts such as these? If getting things done was just a matter of spending the time, it would not be a problem, but I do not only need to spend time but thought and energy as well. I would have no problem with saying "I will work for 2 hours straight and get everything done.", but being conscious through this is torture. I sit and stare at the blinking cursor for hours, wander around the house, come back, get something to eat, come back, and still there is a blank page where an essay needs be in less than 24 hours. Nothing is enjoyable as I am constantly plagued by the thought that I should be doing my homework instead of whatever it is that I am currently doing. Thus I do nothing but think about doing it and when I attempt, nothing gets done.

Is there no end to this? I see none. This is my senior year of high school; not enjoyable in the least. Then I'll go to college which as far as I can tell will be much worse. Will that bring relief? I then have to work for the rest of my middle aged years, a time which at this point I have not yet experienced the length of. What is 12 years of school compared to the dullness of life as an adult? I cannot fathom how everyone else can enjoy life? Is there error in my conclusion? Every time I try to contemplate these things and I arrive at a conclusion, the conclusion is negative. The only thing that keeps me going, is the fact that God exists. If this was not the truth, I would be thoroughly depressed.

Can anyone cheer me up? It seems I've been stuck in this gloom for an eternity and I feel that there is nothing to look forward to in the rest of my life. Don't get me wrong, I'm not suicidal by any means, that would be throwing the life that God gave me back in His face which I would never do. However, I do truly think all the things that I just said, but I'm open to any new ideas and help on getting out of this drudgery of thought. Sorry to darken your day.

Posted

Well think about what is making your life bad. Everybody has dips in their life every now and then. Try changing something, or do something that has no meaning, like rearranging your bedroom furniture.

There is always something you can do to make it better, even if it is doing nothing...

Posted

Well your view on life is quite pessimistic.

Though, let me tackle your points one at a time.

What causes your tiredness? Is it your gloomy outlook on life, unhealthy eating or perhaps a mental disorder (insomnia, depression, ADHD etc.)? Im guessing its your gloomy outlook from your post, though it could easily be a combination of things, aswell as perhaps the stress of getting a paper in on time. Everyone has good days and bad days. In all honesty, its impossible for every new day to be worse than the last, or you would have died a long time ago.

Even if you cant convince yourself life will get better - well I cant prove it to you - but I can tell you that it does. Eventually. The teenage years are rough ones. Growing up, School, Boyfriends, Girlfriends, Social Status, Friends, Parents. The list goes on. But it does teach you some very valuable lessons that you will need to know as an adult. One of those being time management. Deadlines are really good incentive for getting school projects in on correct time, as students often fear the repurcussions & punishments if they are late or unable to complete them. I know its often hard to get into the right mood to do your school work two or three weeks before an assignment is due, but all the work you do then will mean less work for you later when you're under the pressure to get it all done. I know its easy to say this and hard to actually do it. I, myself was often doing assignments the night before it was due, but on the occasions I managed to do some earlier work before hand, it helped me out alot.

If you have problems focusing, The best thing to do is just take a little break but promise yourself to do some work afterwards (and be sure to keep that promise). You simply need to just sit down and make yourself do that work. Its not going to get done any other way, and the quicker you get it done the quicker you can relax and start enjoying yourself again.

College is arguably, more enjoyable than school as your actually wanting to learn about the course your doing as you're usually paying alot of money to be there, so you'd better enjoy it, you know? Also, you're generally only studying one subject, and not five or six or seven, like in school.

If you want to change the way you live, just remember you are the only one who can do anything about it.

Message me if you wanna talk about it.

Posted

Or you could do what I do. Have such low expectations that you can't possibly be dissapointed.

OR TAKE THE BETTER IDEA: When you're walking, and there's something in your way, you can either move it or go around it. If you stop, you can't get to your destination. In this case, you can't go around the essay, so you might as well just finish it (move it). When you think about it, the exact content of the essay won't matter very much in later years. So cover the points you have to. I'm not saying that you shouldn't excel in your work, you should strive to in every way, just that the thought makes you feel better about it.

I often have the same problem with the fact that I have to put thought and energy into the work. I think waaay too much of what I'm going to write instead of actually writing. Don't be like me. Be a winner. That was a joke.

Posted

hahahaha

lol

ok

what was the topic again?