Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

computer partition

12 posts in this topic

Posted

ok this is only for ppl who are a computer know it all person. to start off, i cant find any help for this on the net at all.

ok my problem is...

ive two partitions, one is the system, my main 1, and the 2nd is a wateva 1, and what i wna do it delete the 2nd 1, and add the remaining space from my 2nd partition back onto the main partition. is that possible? is it dangerous? will it stuff up my comp? do i have to format my whole comp?(oh god i hope not) if so pls help me. i hope u know what im talking bout.

Posted

what program did you use??

Posted

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT try to un-partition your hard drive. The second part contains files that are not supposed to be edited, moved or otherwise tampered with. These include files for boot-up and recovery. That part is partitioned so you don't have to worry so much about defragging your comp.

Posted

im just using the original admin tools - disk managment...

Posted

ok this is only for ppl who are a computer know it all person. to start off, i cant find any help for this on the net at all.

ok my problem is...

ive two partitions, one is the system, my main 1, and the 2nd is a wateva 1, and what i wna do it delete the 2nd 1, and add the remaining space from my 2nd partition back onto the main partition. is that possible? is it dangerous? will it stuff up my comp? do i have to format my whole comp?(oh god i hope not) if so pls help me. i hope u know what im talking bout.

The only way to delete it without editing major system files is to reinstall the OS.

Posted

dam it, i dont wna format my computer :cry::cry: so many memories...

ar well. i wont be needing to do that until march-ish for when i get vista.

Posted

Vista? Vista?! NOOOO?! ::Curls up into a ball and begins to whimper::

Vista is useless, we should all boycott it, revert to 98, or even better switch to Linux, Linux I tell thee!

Posted

Vista? Vista?! NOOOO?! ::Curls up into a ball and begins to whimper::

Vista is useless, we should all boycott it, revert to 98, or even better switch to Linux, Linux I tell thee!

uh huh... :huh:

are you implying that Microsoft vista sucks?

Posted

Honestly, I don't know what it does.

Care to esplain?...or esplode?

Posted

I have windows vista!! :D

Posted

::Attempts to remove gametap's brain:: You blithering idiot!

Ok, Vista is just a slightly souped up XP, with 3D graphics. The thing is that you need a state-of-the-art computer to run it at any reasonable speed. You need a 4.3Ghz processor, about 1.5 GB of ram and, as implied by this topic itself, Lots of hard-drive space.

What for? Fancy graphics. Nothing else, just fancy graphics. Just about everything else can be downloaded for free off the internet. Want better security? Buy a Powermac! Want better stability without going for open source software? Go to Apple Mac. I'm not a Mac fan-boy, but I know that Windows sucks. XP did not mean the end of the "Blue Screen of Death" and I doubt Vista will either!

I repeat again! Boycott Vista! Its not worth it! Get Linux!!! LINUX!!!

::Has another seizure::

P.S. For the glittery explanation of Vista go to the Windows site...

Posted

well all i need is an extra 500mb of ram... like what u said [u need 1.5gb ram] and ive got 90gb disk space. vista needs atleast 10gb space. so that leaves like 70gb. thats heaps...