• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#11 Sahaqiel

Hero of Time

• ~Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10194 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:47 PM

Because train travel is something exclusive to Spirit Tracks? I haven't played Spirit Tracks yet, but I assume it's not the latest in the timeline, in which case, you would have to ask where the trains are everywhere in a lot of games. A remote controlled bomb is pretty significant, too. Didn't radio control come after steam powered trains, which have dated to the Civil War, when the telegraph was starting out? If we're going by real inventions' time advancements, then I would assume remote control bombs puts Minish Cap much further ahead on the timeline.
Sahaqiel

#12 DocHobo

Peahat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:57 PM

Because train travel is something exclusive to Spirit Tracks? I haven't played Spirit Tracks yet, but I assume it's not the latest in the timeline, in which case, you would have to ask where the trains are everywhere in a lot of games. A remote controlled bomb is pretty significant, too. Didn't radio control come after steam powered trains, which have dated to the Civil War, when the telegraph was starting out? If we're going by real inventions' time advancements, then I would assume remote control bombs puts Minish Cap much further ahead on the timeline.
Sahaqiel

Actually, yes, it is the latest game in the Adult timeline. And with only 100 years in between Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, there is little room for The Minish Cap's events.

#13 Aethix

Kyubeyman

• +Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3587 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:28 PM

The remote controlled bomb was invented by a Minish. Not by a human.

#14 Sahaqiel

Hero of Time

• ~Administrators
  • 10194 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:32 AM

Still pretty advanced.
I'd like someone to explain why there is a book labeled "The Golden Triumph Forks" in the library if that misconception started during the events of Wind Waker, also, and why modern Hylian is the standard in Minish Cap, when that didn't happen until Wind Waker also. In Ocarina of Time, there was old Hylian and bits of modern Hylian lying about, but in Minish Cap, like Wind Waker, modern Hylian is the only thing there. You probably wouldn't be able to read it, but a couple of the books reads "Torai to hosu", the Japanese version of "Triumph Forks", which translates into "Bucket and hose".

Also, why Octoroks walk on land.
No one responded to that.

Also, why there are so little Gorons and no Zora, and why the Goron Merchants hide their faces in styles only seen in Wind Waker because they are a dying race who believe they are just like Hylians/humans only they look different.

Also, why the ocean is so all-encompassingly huge.

Also, Ganondorf's face in Hero of Time, which raped the canon so hard..
Sahaqiel

#15 Arcane

Music Addict

• +Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8927 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:07 AM

That last picture was frightening. Anyways, good points.

#16 DocHobo

Peahat

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:34 AM

Yes, yes, very good points.

I'd like someone to explain why there is a book labeled "The Golden Triumph Forks" in the library if that misconception started during the events of Wind Waker, also, and why modern Hylian is the standard in Minish Cap, when that didn't happen until Wind Waker also. In Ocarina of Time, there was old Hylian and bits of modern Hylian lying about, but in Minish Cap, like Wind Waker, modern Hylian is the only thing there. You probably wouldn't be able to read it, but a couple of the books reads "Torai to hosu", the Japanese version of "Triumph Forks", which translates into "Bucket and hose".

Also, why Octoroks walk on land.
No one responded to that.

Keep in mind that the game was developed by Capcom, who probably didn't have consistency in mind while developing the game. They probably figured that they would include many references to Wind Waker, being that it is in the same "toon" style, I suppose. Also, land octoroks have been in every single top-down incarnation of Zelda. I don't think they'd leave them out for timeline reasons. My bet for all the inconsistencies is Capcom. The Oracle games had similar references to Ocarina of Time, although they made more sense, I admit.

Also, why there are so little Gorons and no Zora, and why the Goron Merchants hide their faces in styles only seen in Wind Waker because they are a dying race who believe they are just like Hylians/humans only they look different.

Only the Goron Merchants in The Minish Cap hide their faces.... Their numbers are thin because it seems they were kicked out of Mt. Crenel at some point.. In Spirit Tracks, Gorons are pretty prolific and are basically the only inhabitants of the Fire Realm.

As for Zoras, they don't appear in The Minish Cap, but River Zoras appear in both Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks as mini-bosses.

Also, why the ocean is so all-encompassingly huge.

Good find.

Also, Ganondorf's face in Hero of Time, which raped the canon so hard..

Oh Jesus

Another thing that doesn't fit for me is the presence of Lon Lon Ranch in The Minish Cap, as well as Ganon's appearance in FSA. which actually places it out of the beginning and between TP and ALttP for me.

One thing that might place it after Spirit Tracks is calling the Triforce "Light Force." By the looks of it, the name "Triforce" could have been lost to time.

#17 Sahaqiel

Hero of Time

• ~Administrators
  • 10194 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 01:49 PM

If you're going to nullify things because it's made by Capcom and they didn't know any better, you might as well just throw MC out the window in these discussions, or anything Capcom related. After all, they could have accidentally made it so it looked like it was first in the timeline.

Also, I don't recall anything implying they were kicked out of Mt. Crenel, or even of the Gorons remembering any great reason for why there are so few of them. Gorons in Ocarina of Time got pretty freaked out when they couldn't get to a place where they'd get just the tasty rocks (Dodongo's Cavern), rather than the rocks needed for survival, which they had. The Gorons in Minish Cap would definitely say something about not having enough food. Being kicked off the mountain wouldn't have decimated their population. Not only that, but Biggoron lives on Veil Falls, and if a Goron that requires much more food (due to size) than the other Gorons could survive there comfortably, they could have lived there, being only ten Gorons and all.

The River Zora in PH and ST are probably a retcon, so it can be assumed they could still probably wield things in later games. The absence of Zora, however, is something exclusive to post-WW. Look, also. The entrance to Zora's Domain from Lake Hylia is completely frozen over, as is the Temple of Droplets. This is also exclusively post-OoT.
Sahaqiel

#18 DocHobo

Peahat

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:11 PM

I'm not nullifying things based on that, I'm only stating a possible reason for the large number of discrepancies that honestly don't make sense to me (I can't place MC anywhere in the timeline).

The fact that the Gorons were kicked out from Mt. Crenel AND that their numbers are little is from the Goron trophy in Minish Cap."These rock- and iron-eaters once lived on Mount Crenel in Western Hyrule. Now their numbers are few, and they live quietly in a cave. "

I'm not sure what you mean with that sentence eactly, but it's completely possible for the River Zoras to have survived while the Sea Zoras died off.

Also, equating the Temple of Droplets and Zora's Domain would detract from the argument that MC takes place after ST. New Hyrule and Old Hyrule are completely different lands.

#19 Sahaqiel

Hero of Time

• ~Administrators
  • 10194 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:13 PM

I don't trust any geography based arguments.

#20 DocHobo

Peahat

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:15 PM

I don't trust any geography based arguments.

What?

Zora's Domain is in Old Hyrule, underwater.

How is it going to magically teleport itself over to the land of the spirits?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users