Minish Cap fit in Timeline!

47 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, i been looking around this forum for a while looking at the timeline theroies. I had a really good idea where Minish Cap goes.

After WW Link and Zelda(Tetra) went to look for the "new" Hyrule. Then in PH they got sidetracked. So, I don't know much about ST but They found the Hyrule they were looking for.

So, Minish Cap has A king and a castle. Sooooo, Minish Cap must be after ST.

OOT

> WW> PH > ST > MC

Thanks for listening

~TwilightHero~

Posted

I haven't played ST, but I'm pretty sure that it's not the same place as MC. Like, MC doesn't show any signs of trains and such. So, if anything, it would be OoT > WW > PH > MC > ST but I doubt that.

Some interesting things: The King and the Ghost of Gustav in MC both look like King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule from WW, who would have to be the last in his line. Also, if you turn the map in MC upside down it lines up pretty well with the classic Hyrule from OoT and such.

Of course, this is all assuming that there is an entire timeline, which Nintendo denied. So, I don't think MC fits in with those four.

Posted

The reason that MC has no trains in because they thought trains were stupid.

Posted

Yeah, that's it.

Posted

Oops, thought we were talking about the Hero of Men.

Royal Spirit is Gustaf, though.

Sahaqiel

Posted

"The GBA Four Swords Zelda is what we’re thinking as the oldest tale in the Zelda timeline." - Eiji Anouma

Minish Cap takes place before Four Swords

Minish Cap takes is the first game in the Zelda timeline.

Which makes sense because MC shows how monsters got released into the world whereas they are already there in other Zelda games.As well as the inspiration for Link's cap.

Posted

I don't think that quite adds up, shinohobo. The cap couldn't have inspired the Kokiri to wear them; they're an unrelated race. Also, the chest wasn't always there. The monsters flooded the land before the chest, where other Zelda games could have easily taken place. Also, if I recall correctly, it was during Zelda 2 when the tradition of naming all the princesses Zelda started, so if Minish Cap was before it, then why is she named Zelda in MC?

"In his grief, the prince placed the princess in this room. He hoped that someday she would come back to life. So that this tragedy would never be forgotten, he ordered every female child born into the royal household should be given the name Zelda."

Sahaqiel

Posted

Well the fact that we got a quote from Anouma is enough for me. Unless somebody dressed up as him to get a quote in.

Posted

I'm just messing around with you. Nintendo probably retconned a bunch of stuff.

Still though, I'm dead set against Minish Cap being the first. I mean, look at the Goron population. Ten Gorons. Look at the Zora population. Zero. There was a whole city of Gorons in OoT. There was a whole area and temple used by the Zora in OoT. There were like three Gorons in Wind Waker because of a disaster. There were no Zora in Wind Waker. I would think Minish Cap is set in new Hyrule. The unifying war would also not have happened by then, also, so the Gorons would not have been friendly if Minish Cap was before OoT. Not only that, but there are many species in Minish Cap that don't show up in earlier games like OoT/MM and the Octoroks are land walking, as opposed to the earlier aquatic Octoroks.

I could name more things, but the MC-being-first argument has no clear advantage on either side, apparently, though I still say geography and cap should be irrelevant. I mean, how many times has that cap shown up? There is no definite origin. In LttP he was already wearing it before the start of his adventure. And he lived in a small town with nothing special about it like being watched over by a big tree deity. Geography shouldn't be used 'cause it's a formulaic game. If Nintendo is going to use the same scenery, it would be boring not to change it. It's bad practice to not do so.

Sahaqiel

Posted

If MC takes place in the new Hyrule, why are there no train tracks or similar technology? The most advanced technology was the remote-controlled bomb, which was invented by a Minish.

Posted

Because train travel is something exclusive to Spirit Tracks? I haven't played Spirit Tracks yet, but I assume it's not the latest in the timeline, in which case, you would have to ask where the trains are everywhere in a lot of games. A remote controlled bomb is pretty significant, too. Didn't radio control come after steam powered trains, which have dated to the Civil War, when the telegraph was starting out? If we're going by real inventions' time advancements, then I would assume remote control bombs puts Minish Cap much further ahead on the timeline.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Because train travel is something exclusive to Spirit Tracks? I haven't played Spirit Tracks yet, but I assume it's not the latest in the timeline, in which case, you would have to ask where the trains are everywhere in a lot of games. A remote controlled bomb is pretty significant, too. Didn't radio control come after steam powered trains, which have dated to the Civil War, when the telegraph was starting out? If we're going by real inventions' time advancements, then I would assume remote control bombs puts Minish Cap much further ahead on the timeline.

Sahaqiel

Actually, yes, it is the latest game in the Adult timeline. And with only 100 years in between Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, there is little room for The Minish Cap's events.

Posted

The remote controlled bomb was invented by a Minish. Not by a human.

Posted

Still pretty advanced.

I'd like someone to explain why there is a book labeled "The Golden Triumph Forks" in the library if that misconception started during the events of Wind Waker, also, and why modern Hylian is the standard in Minish Cap, when that didn't happen until Wind Waker also. In Ocarina of Time, there was old Hylian and bits of modern Hylian lying about, but in Minish Cap, like Wind Waker, modern Hylian is the only thing there. You probably wouldn't be able to read it, but a couple of the books reads "Torai to hosu", the Japanese version of "Triumph Forks", which translates into "Bucket and hose".

Also, why Octoroks walk on land.

No one responded to that.

Also, why there are so little Gorons and no Zora, and why the Goron Merchants hide their faces in styles only seen in Wind Waker because they are a dying race who believe they are just like Hylians/humans only they look different.

Also, why the ocean is so all-encompassingly huge.

Also, Ganondorf's face in Hero of Time, which raped the canon so hard..

Sahaqiel

Posted

That last picture was frightening. Anyways, good points.