Minish Cap fit in Timeline!

47 posts in this topic

Posted

Yes, yes, very good points.

I'd like someone to explain why there is a book labeled "The Golden Triumph Forks" in the library if that misconception started during the events of Wind Waker, also, and why modern Hylian is the standard in Minish Cap, when that didn't happen until Wind Waker also. In Ocarina of Time, there was old Hylian and bits of modern Hylian lying about, but in Minish Cap, like Wind Waker, modern Hylian is the only thing there. You probably wouldn't be able to read it, but a couple of the books reads "Torai to hosu", the Japanese version of "Triumph Forks", which translates into "Bucket and hose".

Also, why Octoroks walk on land.

No one responded to that.

Keep in mind that the game was developed by Capcom, who probably didn't have consistency in mind while developing the game. They probably figured that they would include many references to Wind Waker, being that it is in the same "toon" style, I suppose. Also, land octoroks have been in every single top-down incarnation of Zelda. I don't think they'd leave them out for timeline reasons. My bet for all the inconsistencies is Capcom. The Oracle games had similar references to Ocarina of Time, although they made more sense, I admit.

Also, why there are so little Gorons and no Zora, and why the Goron Merchants hide their faces in styles only seen in Wind Waker because they are a dying race who believe they are just like Hylians/humans only they look different.

Only the Goron Merchants in The Minish Cap hide their faces.... Their numbers are thin because it seems they were kicked out of Mt. Crenel at some point.. In Spirit Tracks, Gorons are pretty prolific and are basically the only inhabitants of the Fire Realm.

As for Zoras, they don't appear in The Minish Cap, but River Zoras appear in both Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks as mini-bosses.

Good find.

Oh Jesus

Another thing that doesn't fit for me is the presence of Lon Lon Ranch in The Minish Cap, as well as Ganon's appearance in FSA. which actually places it out of the beginning and between TP and ALttP for me.

One thing that might place it after Spirit Tracks is calling the Triforce "Light Force." By the looks of it, the name "Triforce" could have been lost to time.

Posted

If you're going to nullify things because it's made by Capcom and they didn't know any better, you might as well just throw MC out the window in these discussions, or anything Capcom related. After all, they could have accidentally made it so it looked like it was first in the timeline.

Also, I don't recall anything implying they were kicked out of Mt. Crenel, or even of the Gorons remembering any great reason for why there are so few of them. Gorons in Ocarina of Time got pretty freaked out when they couldn't get to a place where they'd get just the tasty rocks (Dodongo's Cavern), rather than the rocks needed for survival, which they had. The Gorons in Minish Cap would definitely say something about not having enough food. Being kicked off the mountain wouldn't have decimated their population. Not only that, but Biggoron lives on Veil Falls, and if a Goron that requires much more food (due to size) than the other Gorons could survive there comfortably, they could have lived there, being only ten Gorons and all.

The River Zora in PH and ST are probably a retcon, so it can be assumed they could still probably wield things in later games. The absence of Zora, however, is something exclusive to post-WW. Look, also. The entrance to Zora's Domain from Lake Hylia is completely frozen over, as is the Temple of Droplets. This is also exclusively post-OoT.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I'm not nullifying things based on that, I'm only stating a possible reason for the large number of discrepancies that honestly don't make sense to me (I can't place MC anywhere in the timeline).

The fact that the Gorons were kicked out from Mt. Crenel AND that their numbers are little is from the Goron trophy in Minish Cap."These rock- and iron-eaters once lived on Mount Crenel in Western Hyrule. Now their numbers are few, and they live quietly in a cave. "

I'm not sure what you mean with that sentence eactly, but it's completely possible for the River Zoras to have survived while the Sea Zoras died off.

Also, equating the Temple of Droplets and Zora's Domain would detract from the argument that MC takes place after ST. New Hyrule and Old Hyrule are completely different lands.

Posted

I don't trust any geography based arguments.

Posted

I don't trust any geography based arguments.

What?

Zora's Domain is in Old Hyrule, underwater.

How is it going to magically teleport itself over to the land of the spirits?

Posted

I used to enjoy Minish Cap. But now, it only causes me so much agony. ):

I could say it was resurfaced, but then that would also contradict stuff.

Sometimes I just don't know what to think anymore. I am starting to lose my faith in Nintendo.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Ah, well seeing as you haven't played ST, New Hyrule isn't old Hyrule resurfaced- it's a new land discovered by Link and Tetra after years of sailing and later settled by islanders, presumably from the world of the Ocean King, seeing as there are plenty of descendants of PH characters

and I don't think nintendo knows of the word "continuity" : /

Posted

Let's figure out the Mario timeline.

Sahaqiel

Posted

It's obviously:

Yoshi's Island

Super Mario 64

but then the TIMELINE SPLITS INTO TWO

in the first:

Super Mario Bros. 2

Super Mario Sunshine

All the Mario Sports/Party/Kart games

in the second:

Super Mario Bros. 3

Super Mario World

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Mario Bros.

Posted

What are you talking about.

The flow of time obviously reverses itself during the Mario Parties and the Mario timeline begins twice in two different universes and crisscross each other during Super Mario World.

Posted

What if MC is 50 yrs before ST?

Everybody seems to forget there is no Zora in either of the Games!!!!!!

Posted

The history between PH and ST is well recorded and explained by Niko at the beginning of ST. If MC had happened during that time, you'd think Niko would know?

And of course, the fact that if it did take place 50 years before ST, where are the Spirit Tracks? Why is there a well established royal family in MC when it would have just gotten started around that time? Where are all of the Wind Waker characters who would be all entering their olden days at that point? And the fact that there's an old legend of the land when they would have just begun to settle. I myself am convinced that MC does not take place before or after ST, but I can't necessarily place it anywhere else beside the "Four Swords is the oldest tale" quote, even though MC doesn't fit that well at the start of the timeline.

Posted

You win.

Posted

You know, when I normally see a scary or unexpected image in a horror film or somewhere else, I don't scream and usually react quietly. I actually yelped when I saw that picture.

PS. Figured out how to cut off parts of a previous post.

Posted

There is no way TMC can fit after ST! I strongly believe it is first. The FS quote is one reason, but I only started believing that quote recently. At least since the miyamoto timeline was confirmed to be wrong. I have supported TMC being first for a while. Geography isn't a good arguement, but landmarks are. How can TMC be on the AT when FSA's map is IDENTICAL to ALTTP's map and old Hyrule? As for the goron problem, how does that work if TMC is after ST? You run into problems with FSA (and lol figurines). I posted the translations of the japanese text for the games a while back. It should be on this forum somewhere.

The japanese ending of TMC calls in Link's first adventure or the first adventure of Link. THat sounds like foreshadowing to me. I also recall a translation that called TMC the adventure of the first Link. As for the light force and the triforce, they are not the same thing. The light force was a gift from the minish. The triforce was left in Hyrule after it was created. And the light force is the true source of Zelda's power. Speaking of the minish, it is stated that they like to hide things in grass, jars, etc to help the humans. TMC's BS is implied to be the first time the minish came to Hyrule. This means the BS has to occur a long time before the other games. TMC is only 100 years after its BS. I even support the hat arguement, but that is minor evidence.

And of course, the fact that if it did take place 50 years before ST, where are the Spirit Tracks? Why is there a well established royal family in MC when it would have just gotten started around that time? Where are all of the Wind Waker characters who would be all entering their olden days at that point? And the fact that there's an old legend of the land when they would have just begun to settle. I myself am convinced that MC does not take place before or after ST, but I can't necessarily place it anywhere else beside the "Four Swords is the oldest tale" quote, even though MC doesn't fit that well at the start of the timeline.

TMC can't go after ST, period because of FSA. It's in old Hyrule. Now FSA is harder to place than TMC. And you mentioned a few good points. Besides. If TMC was after ST, where are the tracks and the tower? They are permanant. As for races like the zoras and Gerudo (I should note that the gerudo are gone on the AT) not being in TMC, Only hylians seem to be in TMC. It is likly that the zoras and gerudo didn't become part of Hyrule until shortly before OOT.