Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Evil Werewolf

774 posts in this topic

Posted

It's Werewolf Time!

The theme this time around is Villains vs Heroes in That Order. In other words, the townies will be various Nintendo villains, and the werewolves will be various Nintendo heroes. With such a major upheaval of traditional story comes a somewhat major upheaval of gameplay. I will be experimenting with some new gameplay mechanics and rule revisions, so this has potential for improvement, or whatever the opposite of improvement is.

The rules:

1. Most players belong to one of two groups: the Villains and the Heroes. Any player who is a Villain wins if all Heroes are killed. Any player who is a Hero wins as soon as the Heroes outnumber the Villains (equal numbers go to the Heroes). There may also be Independent players (aka Princesses) who have their own unique win conditions, which will not be publicly revealed.

2. Each player has a name (which identifies their character) and a set of abilities. These abilities are unique to the player, and secret to everyone else, unless the player chooses to reveal them. Note that a player's name can be used to try and infer their abilities and/or alignment...but no guarantees.

3. Gameplay cycles between a Day phase and a Night phase. Day phase lasts 72 hours of real time, but may be ended early if the town decides on someone to lynch. Night phase lasts 24 hours, but may be ended early if all players complete their night actions.

4. During Day phase, the players may vote on who among them they should lynch. If any player receives a simple majority of the player's votes after the first 24 hours have passed, that player is immediately lynched, and Day phase ends. A player's identity and alignment are revealed when they are lynched. Players should put their votes in bold, so they can be easily spotted. Also note that no votes are official until 24 hours of the day have passed: this is to encourage conversation between players. Finally, players may change their votes at any time: be sure to bold this as well.
    Additionally, at the end of the 72 hour period, if not all players have cast their votes, and any player has a simple majority of all of the votes cast, then that player is lynched. For example, if there are 10 people playing, but only 7 people have cast a vote, then any player who has 4 votes after 72 hours will be lynched.

5. During Night phase, no player may post (with the exception of such pleasantries as "Good night"). Players with night time abilities should PM me to let me know what they are doing. Also, every night, the Werewolves may choose 1 player to kill. All deaths, and any other noticeable happenings will be reported to the town at the end of night phases.

6. Players also have a common daytime ability. All players have the same basic daytime abilities, although some players may have extra daytime abilities. The daytime ability allows players to investigate their surroundings, to find clues, obtain items, and explore the setting. There are three things that each player may do:

• Inspect an object, another player, or a player's corpse. Keep in mind though, inspecting other players will probably not help you very much, unless you have a specific item or ability that states otherwise, or the other player has a specific weakness to inspection.

• Open a door. Most of the rooms in the castle have doors that lead to other rooms.

• Talk to an NPC. While exploring your surroundings, you will likely encounter characters who can give you information or items when you talk to them.

All three of the above actions should be sent in one PM for the day. There will be a list of available objects, doors, and NPCs given to each player based on the rooms that player has explored.

[*] Players MAY NOT discuss the game outside of this thread, unless their abilities state otherwise. However, players may converse with each other via PM at any time during the game. Town players will be expected not to abuse this privilege, and follow every rule put down for normal posting when writing PMs. Werewolves may converse between themselves via PM. Dead players MAY NOT post in this thread or exchange PMs with other living players unless stated otherwise, but may exchange PMs with other dead players.

[*] Items will play a major role in this game. All items may be used during the night, unless their descriptions state otherwise. Any player may choose, at any time, day or night, without costing daily or nightly actions, to give an item to another player. The receiving player will not be informed of who gave them that item.

[*] You may not directly quote any PM I, or any other player, send you concerning this game. You may, however, paraphrase. You also may not edit your posts: just double post if absolutely must.

[*] If the game ends too quickly, I may allow the Werewolf to choose another player to infect before they die. Infected players become Werewolves themselves.

For veteran players who do not wish to re-read the old rules, I will summarize the new and/or altered rules.

• Town = Villain, Werewolf = Hero, Independent = Princess

• Players, in addition to their normal unique nighttime abilities, also have a common daytime ability. All players have the same basic daytime abilities, although some players may have extra daytime abilities. The daytime ability allows players to investigate their surroundings, to find clues, obtain items, and explore the setting. There are three things that each player may do:

• Inspect an object, another player, or a player's corpse. Keep in mind though, inspecting other players will probably not help you very much, unless you have a specific item or ability that states otherwise, or the other player has a specific weakness to inspection.

• Open a door. Most of the rooms in the castle have doors that lead to other rooms.

• Talk to an NPC. While exploring your surroundings, you will likely encounter characters who can give you information or items when you talk to them.

All three of the above actions should be sent in one PM for the day. There will be a list of available objects, doors, and NPCs given to each player based on the rooms that player has explored.

[*]Players are allowed to send each other PMs regarding the game. However, the same rules for posting applies to PMs, the exception being players are allowed to send PMs during the Night Phase. If somebody sends you a PM that clearly breaks the rules, please inform me right away.

[*]Players are able to send items to each other at any time, day or night, and it will not cost them their actions.

I would like to have at least 11 players before getting started, but I can make do with 10.

1. pheonix561
  2. Nabeshin
  3. That-1Guy
  4. Fierce Muffin
  5. Arcane
  6. Kimmy
  7. Grandmaster Phoenix
  8. Umbreon
  9. Chef Nonsense
  10. Sahaqiel
  11. shadowknight
  12. Silves
  13. Ammonsa

Posted

/in

Very interesting gameplay ideas, it'll be a good study to see how it plays out.

Posted

I'll join.

Posted

Sounds fun. I'm in.

Posted

This is interesting. I am in.

Posted

HOLY CRAP!!

YOU AND ME--WE THINK WITH THE SAME MIND!

I was thinking about making my next Werewolf game something like this, in terms of the Villains are Townies and Heroes are werewolves

Posted

In. Also, I have an item suggestion to replace the crystal. PM if interested.

Posted

I like the idea of a castle or something. Im betting this takes place either in zelda's or peach's. probably zelda's, given the fact that we're at hyrule.net

Posted

Could I get in? This sounds like a fun take on the traditional...

Posted

What kind of characters are we talking about here? All Nintendo?

Posted

It will take place in Bowser's castle, and it will be all Nintendo characters.

Posted

Im guessing, then, that mario is the hero/wolf. link will probably be there, too.

thats just a guess, though.

Posted

Hey. I'd like to join.

Maybe this time around I can actually be here to play. :/

Posted

I will participate.

But yous needs to warn me whens you want to hosts a werewolf game aight.

I thought I was next.

Posted

I'm after saha...