Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My (fake, unfair) review of ST

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok before you read this review, I would like to remind you this is a fake unfair review. So it's more of a review for me to let off steam about the game because I'm stuck with no way to be unstuck. So please don't complain because even I know it's unfair to rate a game before you beat it.

Thank you for reading this part.

Ok now for the review.

Well before I was going to actually rate this game a 6/1/2 out of 10. Then the difficulty of this one part just killed the whole game.

I'm at the part where your at the island with the two eye statue things and the two bombs with a grave that says, "to find me blow up the place where the statue eyes meet." So I spent 30 minutes blasting this one island never to find anything happen. Of course my sound was down so I don't wake my parents so I couldn't hear if something happened, but Zelda didn't say anything about it either. So now this game is starting to piss me off.

Now you're thinking "Gee, YLA you were going to give it a pretty good score. Why I thought you said you wouldn't like this game."

Well let's break it down shall we.

Story

I was going to give it 2 points for having a followable story.

Difficulty

2 points for upping the difficulty to a nice spot for a Zelda game. However, as I said, it gets too f***ing hard and it kills the whole game.

Not anything major, but it depends on if you want to call it a spoiler... So I won't say what it's called.

1 point for the Toon Link abuse just because it gave me a good laugh for about about a minute.

Graphics

1 point for the graphics because they actually downed the cel-shading to the point where I don't get sering headaches. I do get headaches, but only strong enough to make my brain pulse for about 5 minutes.

Major spoiler in here so I won't give it the name.

1/2 point for the warping. I would just like to point out that I thought the warping was pretty flawed.

Yes I took the liberty of puting them all in seprate spoiler tags and put what they're about at the top of them.

Now for the part you've all been waiting for...

0.01 out of 10

It got a .01 for

Toon Link abuse because it was still funny reguadless.

Now if you didn't read the top part or the title read this.

THIS IS A FAKE REVIEW. IT WAS JUST A TOPIC TO BLOW OFF SOME STEAM (no train pun intended) I HAVE ON THE GAME BECAUSE I'M STUCK. So don't complain even I know that .01 is an unfair score for any game.

So yeah thanks for reading my fake unfair ST review and have a nice day.

Posted

Its ok!

Everyone gets stuck!

Are you still stuck, on the Goron Island?

Use the Song of Light :)

Posted

Well it's not just that I'm stuck. I've been stuck on this part for 4 days.

Also no I'm at. Hold on let me check.

Ok. I'm on the Sand Sanctuary. All that's there are 2 sleeping statues and 2 bombs with a grave in the middle. Everything they say sounds pointless. Like the one to the right says, "There are no statues here" and the one on the left says "The lake forms the sea. The paths forms the rails." The grave says "Find me by blasting the area where the gazes of the big statues meet." I have no clue where to blast because apparently it's not the rock by the entrance of the desert. >_<

I guess you get what you asked for, but it's too much. All I wanted was a game harder than PH, but this game is almost impossible with it's puzzles. >_<

Posted

Well it's not just that I'm stuck. I've been stuck on this part for 4 days.

Also no I'm at. Hold on let me check.

Ok. I'm on the Sand Sanctuary. All that's there are 2 sleeping statues and 2 bombs with a grave in the middle. Everything they say sounds pointless. Like the one to the right says, "There are no statues here" and the one on the left says "The lake forms the sea. The paths forms the rails." The grave says "Find me by blasting the area where the gazes of the big statues meet." I have no clue where to blast because apparently it's not the rock by the entrance of the desert. >_<

I guess you get what you asked for, but it's too much. All I wanted was a game harder than PH, but this game is almost impossible with it's puzzles. >_<

If you notice, (and you didn't get the hint from the statues

:P) the Sand Sanctuary is shaped like the desert, and the stone roads represent the tracks. You have to go around the Sand Realm and find the two large statues and make note of the direction they are facing. Make note of the spot where their gazes intersect, then go to the sanctuary and bomb the location where the lines would intersect.

This puzzle was easy :P

Also, you haven't even seen the worst of it. The last floor of The Tower is suicide.

Posted

Ok there is way I would've been able to figure that out.

Thanks though. >_< I'll have to do this later I have to go to school.

Posted

Last floor of the Tower was hard I'll admit to that. The thing I hated the most in the game though was the smaller demon train's AI. They'd switch directions at the worst possible times :( You'll see what I mean once you clear the last floor of the Tower of Spirits...

Other than that, sweet game :)

Posted

I thought the demon train was fun, I was pissed you couldn't do it more than once.

Posted

This review is bullshit.

Posted

^Thank you. :D That's exactly what I was going for.

Posted

dude, look at the tracks.

Posted

First games are too easy, then they're too hard.

MAKE UP YOUR MIND.

IT'S GOOD THAT NINTENDO IS MAKING STUFF A BIT HARD.

I didn't read anything in spoiler tags; your cool level went up like five times more since you have them in spoiler tags.

Anyways, I look forward to a real review.

See you there.

Posted

The difficulty in Spirit Tracks had me surprised. c: Even if the solutions to puzzles were easy. Like the first two. D: Geez!

Posted

yeah, I got stuck once or twice.

Posted

Yeah as I said this is more of a difficulty rant topic. Don't worry this game won't get as bad of a review as WW or PH. I mean I like the upped difficulty. I mean that's all I really wanted after PH came out anyway.

Posted

I got stuck for a bit at the entrance to the first temple and it took me a couple of sessions to get through the last Tower of Spirits section.