Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Legend of Zelda: Shattered Peace

34 posts in this topic

Posted

On one hand we're being picky at her English skills, but on the other hand we're, in our own way, helping her. I could have been harsher, but I thought it'd be mean to outright rip her for it. Next time it'll be a nudge in the right direction rather than a slap in the face.

Posted

Actually, I know criticism. This isn't it. Psychopickle was harsh on his critique of my first fic on NSider 2, but he gave advice, which you are majorly lacking in. This only amounts to useless flaming, not criticism. Criticism involves giving advice of how one thinks the piece can improve. What do you even hope to gain, LL? You think I'm going to go and sob over the fact some person on the internet likes to put down what I've put quite a bit of time into? Yeah, sure... quit wasting your time.

Posted

I dunno why I put idiot instead of internet... probably my train of thought at 8 AM.

People like it, so that's all that matters to me. Plus I have fun with writing it. I have an idea for something original, but the kinks in the system are still being worked out on it. Plus I want to finish this series of three fics I have planned first.

Nah, I just forgot to change my status, haven't come up with anything to change it too, mostly because I've spent most my time on Mass Effect 2 and about to focus on work I need to do.

Posted

Hey Figurehead. I don't like you very much. ZD's grammar and punctuation is fine. This is Hyrule.net and we don't require perfect grammar. Besides, it's a fallacy to believe that her grammar skills somehow change how yours are. Instead of actually trying to write a fan-fiction or a story, you be a child and make a fan-fiction making fun of Stormsworder's story by replacing every few words with 'cock.'

Seriously, puppy off.

Stormsworder, I liked it.

Posted

Thanks Ammonsa, I appreciate it. I don't care that he's trying to make fun of my writing, what irked me was how he was treating my friend. I've come to terms with the fact that the internet is plagued with trolls and that here on Hyrule.net, nothing will ever be permanently done about Figurehead by the admins.

Posted

I don't care if I just said this in the other thread but seriously people if you don't like someone's fanfic then don't read it. Obviously feel free to criticise, but please do it in a polite way. You know, polite? (a word some seem to have no understanding off)

Seriously, why all the trouble. :/

Posted

I don't care if I just said this in the other thread but seriously people if you don't like someone's fanfic then don't read it.

I'll just point out that this makes no sense. If you come upon a story with bad grammar or something obvious, then yes, it's fairly easy to avoid. But with something like this story, where it's not spelling or grammar that's wrong with it but rather the content, then you have to read it to know if you like it.

Posted

If I remember correctly, all I did was defend Stormsworder's writing, then you decided to be an asshole and bring my "uneducated writing skills" into this.

Posted

For puppys sake, I wish I had powers.

But anyway, Figurehead. puppy off.

Posted

^ Seriously LL? :huhwhat:

Posted

AWESOME STOREHZZZ I APPROVE!!!!!!

Posted

Oh hey

he said, five days later.

But while we're grammaring here,

If I was well-read in Internet fan fiction, my opinion might have carried more weight, unfortunately I have not had time to read much, as most of my time goes to inventing new harrassing techniques.

That should be "were" rather than "was". Condition in contrary-to-fact statement goes in the subjunctive mood.

Therefore, argument is obviously void.

Just thought I'd throw in my two cents there LOVE YOU

Posted

((Well, I'm not really bothering with hanging around the other parts of the forums anymore, mostly due to my time on deviantArt and ACE Online, among other things, but I figured that I'll still try to update this here since I think I have one or two people who read this... not sure, but oh well. *shrugs*))

Chapter 5: Silent Streets

“I still don’t think you should be out here.

Posted

Eh, I've been reading this on DeviantArt, so it doesn't bother me, really. Not that I don't want you to come on anymore, cuz I do.

Nice chapter :) Took a while to update, though... :P

Posted

Eh, I've been reading this on DeviantArt, so it doesn't bother me, really. Not that I don't want you to come on anymore, cuz I do.

Nice chapter :) Took a while to update, though... :P

Wait, you follow me on deviantArt? o.O I mean, I guess i did link ya to it... but I don't think I recognize any watchers of mine as you... XD;

Yeah, I'm a bit hesitant with posting the chapters here after I kinda got fed up and annoyed with this place. And the slow as heck browsing on the forums isn't really helping much at all.