Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mass Effect 2

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

*NOTE: YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY PLAY THROUGH THE FIRST GAME BEFORE YOU BUY THE SECOND ONE. YOU CAN GET THE FIRST ONE FOR LIKE 5 BUCKS ON STEAM AND THE SECOND ONE FOR 50. YOUR CHOICES IN THE FIRST GAME CARRY THROUGH TO THE SEQUEL, AND IT'S A LOT EASIER TO UNDERSTAND THE STORY IF YOU'VE PLAYED THE FIRST GAME.

poo, this game is so puppying awesome.

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Discuss.

Saha. You have an Xbox. Buy this game.

Edited by Jo-Bengt (see edit history)

Posted

I think I'd better get the first game first. But yeah, it looks awesome.

Posted

I don't know anything about it, but it looked kind of like it played like gears of war.

describe the game to me please.

Posted (edited)

You can describe the shooting part of it as being similar, but I'd actually call it superior.

Mass Effect 2 is an RPG made by Bioware, and it's a sequel to the successful Mass Effect.

Here are some pointers:

Takes place in space

The second game has Paragon(light side) and Renegade(dark side). These are more integrated than a simple "Good/Evil" meter, though. It can alter your appearance and make you stronger in either charm or intimidation in persuasion situations. Also, it opens up options during a conversation or a cutscene, such as suddenly shoving a guy out of a window or breaking someone's only gun to prevent them from going to war, thereby saving his life. There was one specific paragon moment where you could hug someone who had just suffered a great loss(not naming anyone here, due to spoiler potential. Also, not simply putting it in a spoiler filter, it's something that needs to be seen in the game.) and comfort the person. It was a cute scene, I loved it. What it boils down to is being a dick to everyone or being kind to everyone, and it's much more apparent in this game than it has in any game that Bioware has made in the past.

Mass Effect 1 had a similar system involving Paragon/Renegade, but it wasn't as integrated as Mass Effect 2's. It was similar, though, in the sense that further progression down either paths allows you to upgrade your charm/intimidate skills further, depending on which one you take.

The second game is already shaping up to be bigger and better than the last game. I've already clocked at least 13 hours playing it, and it's not ending any time soon.

If you played and completed the first game, you can import your character over to the the second game. This goes beyond having the same appearance(which you can edit in case you didn't like the way he/she looked in the first game). It's an actual continuation of your character's career. Choices you made in the first game have an impact on the second game. That being said, the first game should definitely be played before the second one. You should probably rent it if you only intend to set your character up for Mass Effect 2.

I'm not listing everything because I've got to get in bed, but those are some p. cool things in the game that I love.

EDIT:

I just beat it last night, and I got 43 hours and 43 minutes out of it.

Edited by Jo-Bengt (see edit history)