Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Happy Mask Salesman

25 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok so you know how the creepy HMS said he fond Majora's mask ? Well if he did then how did he know it was used in acient ritual? Just a thought that accured to me

Posted

You're supposed to assume that's where he heard where to find it. As in, he heard the legend from an unspecified source, being an expert on masks.

I'd like to know what the source is, but I doubt Nintendo really needed to evaluate that.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Just when he said Acient Tribe and never really revealed the name of said Tribe made me really supiocious because if he knew Majora use then why wouldn't he know the tribes name (I really think HMS had some hand in it's creation ever since I was 5)

Posted

He said the tribe created it a long time ago and now is gone.

Also, like I said. Unspecified source. Nothing really points to him creating it.

Sahaqiel

Posted

You have to assume he's heard the legends about the mask prior to attaining it. After hearing the legends he went out to search for it and found it.

There are of course, speculations that he may be more than a mere salesman due to his weird behavior and the fact that the children that are on the moon are younger versions of himself, so he may have some relation to Majora's Mask or the tribe itself.

Posted

Actually if you look around the Stone Tower you can see a bunch of things that look like Majora's Mask. For example in the first room, when you're upside down, you can see it makes Majora. Even in the boss room you can see Majora's Mask on the pillars if I remember correctly.

So the ancient tribe may have come from Ikana.

Posted

I know just when I was younge his creepyness and how he seemed to know too much about the mask and how the children in the tree area looked like him lead me to believe this

Posted

This may sound fan fictiony, but I think it'd be kinda' cool if the HMS were like a deviant of his tribe from so long ago and he took the mask from the tribe since they were so hellbent on overthrowing the Goddesses. (See Stone Tower of Babel theory)

'Cause if he were really part of the tribe, he would encourage the Mask to wreak havoc and such.

And if he created it, I think he would know how to destroy it.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Well, me personally, I think he's no ordinary salesman. What he is, I'm not sure.

Whenever he tells you how much time he has left he says it in an almost sarcastic manner, especially when you're almost out of time, "Now no time remains... and time is not eternal. Please value your time."

At the end, he says "Oh... so the evil has left the mask after all..." which indicates he may have intended for all the events in Majora's Mask to happen.

And also, the way he changes positions instantly and disappears as he's walking away at the end.

He might be a sheikah, heh.

Posted

freaking

you guys are talking about this as though it were the most logical thing in the world

and I'm reading it and I'm like WTF

I should probably play this game.

Posted

Also, when you let the moon fall, you hear him say "You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"

And yes you should. It's one of the most fantastic Zelda games, and by far the one with the best atmosphere.

Posted

WELL APPARENTLY NOT BECAUSE THE ATMOSPHERE IN THAT GAME IS SO WEAK A MOON FALLS THROUGH IT OLOLOLOLOLOL

Posted

It falls really slowly, slower than a conventional vehicle, yet still has enough friction with the atmosphere to catch fire. I would say that's a pretty strong atmosphere.

Posted

Actually if you look around the Stone Tower you can see a bunch of things that look like Majora's Mask. For example in the first room, when you're upside down, you can see it makes Majora. Even in the boss room you can see Majora's Mask on the pillars if I remember correctly.

So the ancient tribe may have come from Ikana.

that would point to him being there before and we hear no legends of the acient tribe in termina

Posted

Hmmmmmmmmmmm how thick is termina's atmosphere?