Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I drew a link

12 posts in this topic

Posted

On my wacom steel blue tablet.

Tell me if its good or not, I want to know if I'm just wasting my time.

Its far from done though.

I just want to know so if I suck, I can find another time wasting hobby.

post-6615-126592249369798_thumb.png

Posted

Not so good to be honest. Not so bad that I can't make out what I'm seeing though which always helps.

But considering I'm probably biased by the fact it isn't finished, I wouldn't take my comment so seriously if I were you.

Practice makes perfect, they say. But it's never perfect, not in the eyes of the artist at least. Don't be irritated if something doesn't turn out as you wanted it to be, because modest people never think their masterpiece is any good because it's not as they envisioned it could be.

Basically, you need practice, and you have plenty of free time, so I suggest spend it on drawing, or whatever you want to improve. You're young, so why not?

Keep us posted on this one's development. Keep going with it, you're not wasting your time. if you trashed it and started a new one, it wouldn't surpass this if you're currently working to the best level you can. Just finish it, it's good habit to not let things go unfinished, even if they aren't great, it's worth the time just to get the practice in.

I am talking too much aren't I?

Posted

^this, it comes to you after years of practice.

I found it useful to get acquainted with human anatomy to be able to draw people correctly. Something I found useful is examining my own hands when I was drawing a hand, for example. It comes to you after much practice, don't give up on anything you find fun. Practice is never a waste of time!

Posted

I did a lot of anatomy study too, people gave me strange looks in class while I measured the size of my head and arms against my hand span.

Posted

Hardest thing for me was making the legs proportional to the body, lol

I made sculptures of hands and crap as practice.

Posted

Head = one hand span

Torso = one head

Shoulder -> Elbow = one hand span

Elbow -> Wrist = one hand span

Wrist -> Tip of middle finger = one hand span

Crotch -> Knee = two hand spans

Knee -> Ankle = two hand spans

Foot = a little over one hand span

If I measured right.

Posted

The previous is a *bad* reproduction of this one.

I'm better at paper. -_-

post-6615-1265941025487226_thumb.jpg

Posted

Jesus, scale that down.

My page just stretched about 100 times it's original size.

But from the thumbnail, it doesn't look bad. I'd go for 'nothing special' still though, because it's not exceptional.

And yeah, I do better on paper too, doing digital art is an asshole in general and I hate it.

Posted

You cut off his head in the digital one. My sister draws pretty good Links. I suck at drawing.

Posted

Scaled down the drawn one, and set up a comparison from my first one to my second one.

post-6615-126601722779622_thumb.png

post-6615-1266017246049944_thumb.png

Posted

Just keep trying. I have been drawing FOREVER, since I was very little. Now, I can pretty much say I am a Link artist. I used to draw his legs spread out, but recently, I started to put them both forward, one ot the side and one forward, and both to one side. Just keep trying.

Make sure his legs are not too stalky and long without some shape. Make sure his hands have a curve to them near the palm too.

I have a few pics I drew on Photobucket, look me up at Jareddude123 and get some inspiration. Maybe I'll add some pictures tomorrow if I have time.