Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I wrote a link story

4 posts in this topic

Posted

It's about Legend of zelda

Daydreams

The boy looked up. The clear blue sky had little pink clouds, barely moving. The breeze blew through his dark blonde hair. He took his basket, and began towards the house. Maybe, just once, when he went into town, he would Catch a glimpse of the princess.

Hah, he thought, Me, seeing the princess. He opened the door. It creaked on it old hinges. He placed his bounty on the table, and headed back out to bring his animals back into the barn. His sister already had the cows an cuccos in. All that was left were the goats. He had three goats. The cheese from their milk was great, but it paled at the quality of that of Lon Lon Ranch. The milk from the cows, their eggs from their so called super cuccos, all of it was too good for words, including Talon's daughter, Malon. She was just as sweet as the milk, but she was tough too, having to do fifty percent of the work on the farm, and sometimes more if her father dozed off.

The boy was day dreaming about Malon, the way her brown hair, blew in the breeze, her green eyes glinting in the sun, when he accidentally cornered a goat with his horse. The goat spooked,and rushed, knocking over his horse. The goat continued to run, until it had calmed down, then it stopped in the middle of the field. His sister called out, "Are you okay?" The boy mounted his horse and replied "Just fine", then coaxed the goat into the barn. He dismounted his horse, and put it in the barn along with the goat. He walked back home with his sister, and had a small stew from what she could make from the rest of the meat and vegetables. The meat was a little off, and the vegetables a little soft, but using some of their dwindling supply of herbs, she perked it up a bit.

After finishing his stew, the boy took the silverware and the kettle as well down to the river to wash. He took the bar of lye soap and began to scrub. His sister had let it cook a little too long, and some of the stew had burned on it. It was getting dark, and he couldn't see the bottom of the kettle anymore. He put the bowl, silverware, and soap in the kettle and brought it back into the house. He put the bowls back in the cabinet, along with the silverware, and put the kettle back in its place in the hearth. The boy went upstairs to tuck his sister into bed and told her the legend of The Hero of Time, one of her favorites.

The boy wished he could be as brave as the boy in the story for whom he was named, but he cast aside the thought, thinking about how common a name like Link was and what a widespread braveness it bore. After finishing with, "Link placed the sword back into the pedestal for the last time, and was sent back to where he grew up, deep in the forest. He lived the seven years he had missed as a normal person, but he could not forget his great adventure, or the beautiful princess." Link's sister was sound asleep. "Good night, Saria," he whispered. He crept downstairs to extinguish the coals in the fireplace. He looked up on the mantle to a fading pictograph.

The pictograph used to depict two proud parents, and their beaming young child and his baby sister, but it was but a monochromatic blur now. The boy was struck with emotion at the sight, and tears filled his crystal blue eyes. He remembered how his father had been trampled to death when the goats spooked when he opened the barn to let them out. His mother then fell into a depression and her health declined. She eventually died, with her son sobbing by her bed. The boy's uncle came both times to help bury his parents. The night after he buried the boy's mother, he got drunk and drowned in lake Hylia.

That was three years ago. Link glanced out at the tombstones next to the vegetable patch. He got ready for bed, then cried himself to sleep, as he often did.

Link got up the next morning, washed his face, and pulled on one of his better tunics. He ate a small meal of two eggs on a slice of toast, prepared by his ever loving sister. "Saria, go milk the cows while I let the goats out." Link told his sister. She obeyed, and set out to the barn with a cheerful hop in her step.

When Saria finished milking the cows and bottling the milk, Link went into town on his horse. As he rode, the sun began to rise, casting long, ghostly shadows to the side. When he got into town, he set up in the farmer's market. Link sold almost all of his crop before noon, making nearly seventy five rupees. Most of his profits came from the vegetables, as he was lucky enough to live near a river so he could water the crops. Most of the farmers in Hyrule were getting hit bad from the drought, and it was thought to get worse. The vegetables were drying out into useless lumps as they baked in their field with not a drop of water, and causing the economy to turn sour.

Somewhere around noon, the princess came out to make an announcement. People gathered around like flies to fruit to listen. The boy had never seen the princess in his fourteen years of life. He had heard that she had the fairest, most beautiful skin, blue eyes, and long locks of bright blonde hair.She was of slightly taller stature, which gave slight intimidation, and she exploited that fact extensively.

"Excuse me sonny, but what are you selling?" said an old man with a airy voice. "Mm? Oh, vegetables, cheeses, and fresh milk." said Link, roused out of his day dream. "Say, these are some nice crops, not dried out or half-withered. I'll buy the rest of the corn, two bundles of carrots and broccoli, and some milk. Hey, are you paying attention?" said the old man. Link wasn't. He was watching a man on the opposite roof. He produced something from his cloak, jerked it, and acted as if he was aiming. Link realized what was happening. "Sniper!" he shouted, as he jumped in front of the man, taking the bolt for him. It was a hot knife through butter, but was stopped. Link, having successfully saved the man, fell to the ground with a soft thud. He sat there in the sun, gasping for air. Blood oozed out of the wound, a slow trickle of sticky red, staining the ground. The world was spinning, fading, blurring. A deep pain was embedded in Link's chest, a fiery stabbing that refused to go away. Link began to sweat. It stung at his wound, only causing him to cry out louder. The assassin jumped from the roof and was gone. The old man dashed away. "Noo.. ", cried Link. The heat, the pain, the confusion caught up in a spinning, hot, painful chaos. The world faded to black.

---

There was a searing pain. A throbbing white hot in his chest. He moaned, a feeble cry of help. He could hardly hear his voice, and someone was even less likely to hear it. Strange and blank, he didn't recognize his surroundings. Not like home, where the knotted wood gave beautiful swirling shades of brown, not like the fields, where the grass moved as an ocean of bright green, nor like Casletown, where the red bricks and constant hustle and bustle gave the impression of a great flame. This place with its expressionless walls gave no sympathy, no comfort, no color. "Help," He called out again, louder this time. There seemed to be a response, for one fleeting second, but it was gone. He tried again, finally getting a response. "What is this place? What am I doing here?" Link bewildered the man with questions. "This is the royal hospital. You were inducted into our care after you prevented an assassination on the chancellor. You probably shouldn't move until the rest of the bolt is removed. Is there anything I can have done for you?" Link unclasped a necklace. Its pendant was a bird whose outstretched wings held up the triforce. The bottom left piece of the triforce was slightly larger than the others.

"Give this to my sister. She is at our farm. It is passed Lon Lon ranch, close to The forbidden forest. Tell her I'll be a while, and tell her to put the animals away." Link handed the attendant the necklace. The attendant hesitated, bit his lip, then walked out. The attendant didn't go to the farm that was described , but walked down the hallway to the chancellor office.

"He's the one sir. He's the boy." said the attendant. "Close the door. How can you be so sure?" said the chancellor, as the attendant closed the door. The attendant replied. "First, the necklace. Only one of these was made, and the guardians swore they would tell the boy that this was very important, and to never lose it. Second, he mentioned the farm that the guardians live at. He also mentioned a sister, the daughter of the guardians. The guardians died, one after the other. This is very bad, Chancellor Raen." Raen replied,"Indeed. We must inform the princess. Tell her, and double up the guard." The attendant left, and the room was filled once again with the sound of pen on paper.

The attendant dashed into Zelda's room. "Zelda, sorry for barging in like this, but, he's here." "Who? Who is here?" asked Zelda. "Him. The boy." replied the attendant. Zelda rose with a start. "Here? Now? Am I far enough away from him? What about the guardians? Does he know?" The attendant replied,"Yes, him, here and now; you be the judge, he's in the infirmary; they're all but gone; no, he still refers to the daughter as his sister." Zelda sighed. "He still doesn't know. I'd be stupid to tell him, I'd be stupid not to. However, there was a foiled assassination, so maybe they know. I'll tell him." The attendant replied in shock. "Are you sure that's a good idea? If we tell him now..." "Think of what would happen if we didn't tell him, or if we told him too late. He has to know, the guardians haven't told him." interrupted Princess Zelda. She walked out of the room, beginning to feel a pulling in her heart.

Princess Zelda walked into the infirmary, and saw him in a bed. "Link, there isn't much time. You know the legend of the triforce, how it splits and selects people when one of evil claims a piece, right?" The confused boy nodded. He was feeling a sort of tugging at his heart. "Good. Okay, your parents aren't your parents. Your sister isn't your sister. I am your sister, and you are royalty. Your parents are the king and queen of Hyrule, and you have a piece of the Triforce." This statement hit Link like a wall, washed over him like a tidal wave. His life was a lie, all a lie. His parents, a lie. His sister, not even his. He was royalty. He lived a life meant for lower classes, yet he was richer than all of them put together. Furthermore, he had a piece of the triforce.

Posted

Despite minor fragmented sentences and improper capitalizations, very good job.

Posted

Oh god, giant blocks.

Immediate turnoff.

Post when you've edited it so that the concept of reading all that isn't so daunting.

And don't think I'm being stupid, writing things in such huge paragraphs like this is actually a very bad thing to do.

Posted

I know. The retarded word processor edited out the paragraphs. Thanks for the tip.