HOWL - Upcoming Games, Hosting Signups, and Rules

444 posts in this topic

Posted

actually it probably shouldnt be in the line up but at least add it to the list

Posted

i want to implement a really drastic mechanic, but idk how itll affect the number of wolves required for a balanced game. would someone with hard-core game-balancing skills be willing to proofread/get ideas bounced off them a tiny bit/sit out of the game?

Hi.

Posted

:>

tyvm, nabe. PM incoming <3

Posted

I'm going to go ahead and sign up for another game. It will contain nothing but original characters, take place in a village, and incorporate some slight fantasy elements (besides werewolves, I mean). I don't know what I'm going to call it yet, but I'm going to put down a tentative title "Village Werewolf".

Sounds to me like... werewolf werewolf.

Posted

There are a lot of similarities with the setup. It's a good general setting for a game of werewolf. But the content itself will be different of course, such as different characters, some different abilities, a new gameplay mechanic revolving around day phases and night phases, and I may draw scenes and character portraits if my art skills have improved enough by the time my turn rolls around.

Posted

Werewolf Werewolf 2

Also, I'm glad folks here at Hnet try to push the envelop ya.

including me

i mean i don't mean to brag

Posted

Werewolf Werewolf 2

Werewolf4?

Posted

Okay, I'm officially signing up for Yume Nikki Werewolf, which is basically ready to go right now.

It's 12 players, and is based on the popular Yume Nikki freeware game. It has the rooms like in Nonary Werewolf plus a new quirk I made where abilities are determined by items the players have initially, with some abilities scattered around the rooms and others already in the possession of the players at the start of the game. You can trade these abilities just like any other item.

Posted

don't tell people your mechanics before the game even starts lol!!

Also, 12 players seems a bit low. You might want to make a few more just in case.

Posted

Saha, you and I still need to collaborate on a werewolf game. Let me know when you're done with designing your game, because I have some Ideas.

Posted

12 is just ideal I guess. I can add as many as I want since I don't have to write abilities for each role.

Posted

yeah saha i think you should collaborate with me on mine as well lol

i think you will love the theme and will be really useful at helping me design the roles

the downside to this is that you probably wouldn't get to play in it

Posted

ya, pheo and I were going to collaborate a game together somehow.

We'll see about the collaborating thing with other stuff.

Sahaqiel

Posted

12 is just ideal I guess. I can add as many as I want since I don't have to write abilities for each role.

talk to someone with lots of experience balancing games, older GMs (not meeee im still getting my roles checked for everythiiiiing) also nabe, the king of all things werewolf.

also increasing the number of players means increasing the number of wolves, dont be herp derp like me and have 2.5 wolves in a 15.5 person game :P

also, im gonna go look into yume nikki now.

aaaaaaaaaand found it. and downladed its lovely freeware self. now its only a matter of time before i play this at 3 AM with headphones.

also, if youre gonna have rooms and items, youre gonna need a means to track who goes where etc etc, because homestuckwolf had like, what, 4, 5 items? and i still managed to lose a couple during the night phases (as in, i forgot to mark them on my nightphase sheet and had to search player roles/previous phases to figure out where they went)

basically, id love to play, but youll want to host it when you have a TON of freetime, as a game that complex is gonna need a LOT of work.

Posted

12 is good number

gives wolves an actual fighting chance