All About Pokemon!

419 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah. Pokemon games won't ever get boring. I'll never stop playing them no matter how bad the pokemon get. Besides it was my first rpg. (Even though I really sucked at it.) At least I got better though and that's all that matters. :)

Posted

Yesterday I got a badge in Silver. I just killed the Gyrados at Lake of Rage. The Lance guy told me to go back to town to investigate, but no one tells me anything and I can't leave the right exit or go to the gym....

Posted

I would have caught it :0 It is a shiny Gyarados after all.

Posted

I will catch it in SS>

Today in Diamond I got Lapras! I made a baby and brought it up to level 5. It knows Brine, Water Gun, Mist, and Ice Beam, which are them moves the dad Lapras had, except he had Hydro Pump instead of Water Gun.

The baby will be traded to Soul Silver early in the game, so I don't have to wait until like the 5th gym. I am so ready! i have my great water type already!

Kanto Pokemon Sprites

Johto Pokemon Sprites

Hoenn Pokemon Sprites

Sinnoh Pokemon Sprites

What will you team look like?

Who's going to be on your team?

Mine will be Meganium, Noctowl, Lapras, Gengar, Scizor, and Arcanine.

Doesn't Mew look adorable?

I put each page on my bookmarks :)

My whole team looks great sprite wise :D

Posted

Ah my new team in HG... Let's see.

After I beat the game and to Kanto it's going to change so in Johto it will be... I don't remember any pokemon from Gold. Only the legendary pokemon, the starter, and the pokemon that I first caught in the game. The one that looks like an odd shaped raccoon with a giant "O" on its stomach. It's called Sencrent or something like that.

Posted

Sentret

Did you check out those sprite pictures? :)

Posted

I just did. Those look nice.

I do know what my team in Kanto will be though.

1.Charizard. Ain't nothing going to keep me from my favorite Pokemon. Heck I even have Charmander in Diamond.

2. Pikachu. Classic I always have it.

3.???

4.???

5.???

6.???

Ok fine I know 2/6 of my team. >_<

Posted

Are you going to keep your starter? I say go for Chikorita or Totodile because you already have a fire.

Do you like my team?

Posted

Yeah that's a pretty good team.

Also yeah I was going to start with Totodile. I honestly don't like Cyndiquil that much. I don't know why. I just don't. I actually started out with Totodile my first time playing it.

Posted

my usual team:

1. starter poke

2.Articuno

3.Shiny Articuno

4.Shiny Mew

5.Vaporeon

6.Lapras

all of them I EV train to be super fast

Posted

all of them I EV train to be super fast

Finally, someone who understands EVs and IVs.

My usual team is:

Deoxys (Speed form)

Hit fast with Hypnosis, fire three Spikes and one Stealth Rock, then smash them with Extremespeed.

Giratina (Another form)

"The Great Wall". EVs in Special Defense and HP, strategy is just attack with Dragon Claw until low health, Rest, use Sleep Talk, and hope Will-O-Wisp comes up.

Arceus

252 EVs in Attack and Speed. Holding a Silk Scarf to up Normal-type moves, use Swords Dance to your heart's content, then continue with Extremespeed until they're dead.

Kyogre

Simple sweeper. Attack as much as possible with Thunder, Ice Beam, Surf and Water Spout. Effective against almost every wall in the Uber metagame.

Rayquaza

The best physical sweeper you will ever get. Adamant nature (+Atk), holding a Life Orb (+Atk), EVs in Attack and Speed, use Dragon Dance for even more Attack and Speed, then smash 'em with Outrage. Works every time.

Darkrai

Simple. High Special Attack and Speed, use Dark Void, Nasty Plot, then Dark Pulse or Focus Blast.

Yeah. I'm obsessed with Uber battling, no matter what anyone says about Pokemon being lame.

Posted

I understand IVs and EVs but it's wayy too much work, for me, at least.

Posted

Ya I started EV for speed when a champion at pokemon battling (game not cards) commented on how fast I trained my pokemon to be and that I could of beat him if he hadn't had that speed booster item attached (that is when I learned about EV)

Posted

I've already planned my team for HG as well

I will be using a Typhlosion, Noctowl, Steelix, Umbreon, Girafarig and Quagsire.

I have a rule in Pokemon where in each game, I use only the Pokemon introduced in that region. Like, all Johto pokemon for HG, all Sinnoh pokemon for Platinum etc.

I don't even know what IVs and EVs are... :3

Posted

copy paste:

IV: So IV isn't training, They're stats a Pokemon is born with, hidden stats.

EV: and EV is a point value and a type. when you beat a Pokémon you get EVs as well as exp. for example, when you kill a Geodude, you get 1 defense EV. that means the Pokémon that killed it gets a single EV in defense.

1 EV in def will do nothing. but when you get a lot of EVs in one stat, that increases that stat more than normal. so if you killed say 150 Geodudes with one Pokméon, and you battle nothing but Geodudes, then that Pokémon's def would be much higher than normal. using EVs, you make make a lighting fast Tyranitar or a super-defensive Infernape.