All About Pokemon!

419 posts in this topic

Posted

oh that IV training

Don't forget those pill things for EV

Posted

There aren't any "pill things" for EV training. ._. You mean the things like Calcium and Iron, right?

To explain it a little more, IVs are the basic stat units determined by a Pokemon's nature. Adamant raises attack IVs, etc. IVs can only go up to 31 in any stat, and I'm pretty sure you can't have maxed out IVs in everything. Also, you can't change a Pokemon's IVs.

EVs are "extras". For every four EVs that you get battling, your Pokemon will gain 1 point in that stat. I can't remember what Pokemon you battle causes which stat to go up, but you could find a list on Google somewhere. EVs can only go to a max of 255 in any stat, and you can only have up to 510 EVs in total. Or something like that.

Posted

oh my uncle onl said to me "that is what the pills are for" couldn't reel anything specific

Posted

In order of pokemon games I've played(excluding GC/Wii)

Fire Red

Yellow

Sapphire

Pearl

Platinum

Yellow was the hardest, Pearl and Platinum are WAY too easy, IMO.

Im getting Heart Gold, because I already have a Lugia, and I need a Ho-oh.

YES. Now I now what EVs are! XD I guess my Kyogre has some srs defense then, I trained it from 60 to 75 on Rhydon, Graveler, and Rhyhorn.

When I get a pokemon at a low level and Im gonna train it, I give it a power belt, or anklet, or something like that.(Boosts stats upon leveling up, but lowers speed while they hold it.)

I trained a Pikachu from 10 to 59 swapping back and forth between ankle weight, power bracer, and... the one that ups Def. Forgot what it was called though. :P

Totodile FTW!

Posted

For my team, i'm getting

Meganium

Arcanine (Trading Growlithe from Diamond)

Aerodactyl (From Diamond! Pwned!)

Gengar

Scizor

Lapras!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Hm... I can get my Charmander to HG and have Totadile and Charmander. It's the perfect plan.

I now have half my team set up.

Charizard

Fraligator

Pikachu

The rest is a mix bag. Whatever I find I catch. Just like always. (Maybe get a Bulbasur and Squirtle too. Have all the good starters and leave Fraligator in a box. Yes this is what I'll do.) It's fool proof.

Posted

Good idea, but won't it get boring having ALL starter Pokemon?

Theres over 400, alomost 500 and you choose the starters?

lol

Posted

Again I hate half the Pokemon in Gold. They won't change from Gold to Heart Gold. So I'll stick with Pokemon I like. (With a shiny Garodos. If they kept it in the game.)

Posted

Meh, I must the only person ever who doesn't hate any Pokemon, sure I ignore some, but I don't hate them. :/

Posted

Maybe. I don't know. All I know is I mean it when I say I hate them. Especially the first pokemon in the game. *Thinks of Sencret.* I hate that one the most. I don't know why I just didn't like it.

Posted

My team from G/S that I plan to reconstruct in some form:

-Thyphlosion

-Gengar

-Victreebel

-Lugia

-Gyarados (Red)

-Ho-Oh

but it's more likely that once I can trade with my Platinum, I will send myself a Dratini, a Charmander, a Mudkip and a Larvitar to level up.

Posted

Today I decided to get Aerodactyl instead of Noctowl.

Who WOULDN'T want an extinct Pokemon?

Nice teams!

And yes YLA, they kept the red Gyrados.

Gyrados is overrated.

Posted

I could never capture red gyrados it always died before it get to yellow

and I'm stingy with my master ball

Posted

I only want it because it's red. So then I'll have a red water type is fine be me. I love the color red incase you couldn't tell.

Posted

red is my secound favorite color but I do really like it (sometimes it even switches places with blue)