Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Beatles

83 posts in this topic

Posted

^^mhm
I didn't grow up with the beatles, but my parents liked Paul McCartney, so I grew up listening to Ebony and Ivory, No More Lonely Nights, Live and Let Die, Silly Love Songs, etc. In high school was when I got a lot more into the beatles and it fascinates me how all 4 of them were fantastic instrumentalists, singers, writers and performers.

Posted

I started liking them when I listened to I think it was "Twist and Shout" by the John Yelled Twist and Shout

Posted

Yeah, I also realized I knew a lot of their songs before having heard of them, simply because their stuff is covered so much. I remembered being surprised when I found out "Birthday" was by the Beatles, and also "Michelle" and "Something."

Oh yeah, and when we bought The Beatles:Rock Band, my mom had the same experience finding out "Revolution" "Come Together" "Can't Buy Me Love" "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" and "Hey Bulldog" were by the beatles.

Posted

I grew up with the Beatles, but never listened to them on my own time. I started listening them more after I beat Earthbound.

Posted

^^ oh yes yes. That's one of the things that made me try to listen to the beatles. There's also a direct rip from the beginning of All You Need is Love in the Cavern of the Past.

Posted

^I know. There was also Beatles music in Brick Road, but I can't remember what it was. :(

Posted

Earthbound+Beatles=Win

Posted

let's see. I know if you talk to one of the Runaway Five at one point in the game, he'll say the lyrics to "Money (That's What I Want)." In brick road, the music is a sample from "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)." The song that plays when Ness wakes up after resting starts with a bit from "Good Morning Good Morning," and Tessie's theme sounds a lot like the beginning of "Strawberry Fields Forever," also, the yellow submarine in the game is an obvious reference to "Yellow Submarine."

Also, in the japanese version of the game, there were alternate name options which were references to the beatles: "John (Ness), Yoko (Paula), Paul (Jeff), George (Poo), Ringo (King), Honey Pie (Favorite Food) and Love (Favorite Thing.)

I think that's about it, in Earthbound, at least.

Posted

^Yup that's pretty much it as far as know.

Oh wait an NPC in their house says "Can you guess the name of this song 'xxxterday'" and you could choose yes or no. Then you get Yesterday by the Beatles.

Posted

Oh yes, forgot about that one.

Posted

The Japanese sure do love their British rock bands.

Posted

So does everyone else.

Posted

Out of all the songs I have on my Ipod,The beatles has the most.I almost have 40

Posted

I have none. :( I ran out of room. :cry:

Posted

heh.I have The White Album, Sgt. Pepper, Rubber Soul and (most of) Abbey Road and Magical Mystery Tour and a bunch of assorted singles and songs, so I have well above 50 songs. And that's not including any of their solo work.

Also, I saw this thread today on /b/ and it made me laugh.

[img]http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7861/beatles4chan.png[/img]