Hyrule Werewolf II - Full Moon Over Kakariko

435 posts in this topic

Posted

Like a lever, Saha. To release the hatch on the floor and drop him to his death.

Posted

A lever isn't a trigger. >:

I'm probably just being bitter.

But since I'm torn to shreds it's hard to find an outfitter

If I just knew how to act

With my powers of the bat

I might have pulled a win over on you cats

But now it's too late for that. ):

Posted

ROLES

Aethix

ndalgl.png

You are Syrup the Witch, the potions master. You win with the Town.

You and your apprentice came on your usual trip to Kakariko Village to peddle your wares. Unfortunately, this whole werewolf fiasco took place, and the guards aren't letting anyone leave town, under order of the King. Hopefully, you can employ your unique talents to make it out alive.

Once a night, choose one player. That player will be kept alive by your perfect potioneering, even in the event of an attack. However, your potion only prevents one attack a night - if the poor soul is attacked by multiple ne'er-do-wells in one night, your protection alone will not be enough to save them.

Umbreon

2j2hm6o.png

You are Maple, the witch's apprentice. You win with the Town.

You and the potions master, Syrup, came on your usual trip to Kakariko Village to peddle your wares. Unfortunately, this whole werewolf fiasco took place, and the guards aren't letting anyone leave town, under order of the King.

Syrup will be using the cauldron every night, leaving you with nothing to do at night. If she dies, however, its ownership will pass to you.

And after Aethix died...

With Syrup the potions master (Aethix) dead, her cauldron becomes available at nights for you to use. However, you're not quite as good at this potion-making thing as she was.

Once a night, choose one player. That player will have a 50% chance of being kept alive by your potioneering in event of attack. Also, your potion can only prevent one attack a night - if the poor soul is attacked by multiple ne'er-do-wells in one night, your protection alone will not be enough to save them.

Sorry about the loss of your master, but congrats on the new ability! Do her proud!

Pheonix561

14d0n4l.png

You are Jumpy Woman, guardian of justice. You win with the Town.

GASP! There's a werewolf! Oh wait, it's a signpost. Well, no one can say that you're not attentive, at any rate.

Once a night, choose one player. You'll use your keen eye to judge how nefarious they are.

Secretly, all his results would have come up wolf.

Shadowknight

103gcbp.png

You are the Lockpicker, the silent hobo. You win with the Town.

No one knows why you're in town. You're not even sure why yourself; you might have wandered in for a drink at the bar, but you can't even remember your real name, so who knows. Regardless, you got caught up in this werewolf mess, and the guards won't let you leave.

Once a night, choose one player. You will lock that player into an empty treasure chest, and they will be unable to make any night action for the night. This will also keep that player from being targeted by other night actions for the night. At night's end, you let them back out.

Chef Nonsense

4lveo.png

You are the Cucco Lady, the sweeper of roads. You win with the Town.

You stand outside your house and sweep all day. It passes the time.

You also keep a ton of Cuccos locked in your house. These Cuccos are fiercely loyal, and will kill your killer if you're attacked at night. Alternatively, if you are lynched, the last person to vote for you will be pecked to death.

Fierce Muffin

14347io.png

You are the Fortune Teller, the veiled seer. You win with the Town.

Usually, you are content to stay in your hut north of Kakariko Village. You felt a disturbance in the town, however, and knew your services would be required. Luckily, or maybe unluckily, you made it just in time to be trapped in Kakariko with hungry werewolves.

Once a night, choose one player. You will gaze into your crystal ball to reveal the truth behind that player's true intentions.

Muff was the real seer, but of course kept doubting that. I had lots of fun watching how he reacted to his results.

Grandmaster Phoenix

2vvl0mp.png

You are the Sick Kid, the insect afficionado. You win with the Town.

You are deathly ill, and couldn't leave town even if the guards weren't blocking the exits. Regardless, your thoughts always return to warm meadows filled with sunflowers and fluttering butterflies. You want to be free.

You are very sick. Experts say that you'll be dead within 3 nights, and that your disease is uncurable. But is it?

You're not only sick, but contagious. If you are attacked at night, your assailant will catch your disease, and die the following night.

Unfortunately, you are bedridden and have nothing to do at night but sleep.

Umbreon targeted GMP on Night 3, but her ability failed. Ze coin flip, she is a most fickle mistress.

Linkprow

2nbbu2p.png

You are Running Boy, the speedy troublemaker. You win with the Town.

You love to run. You run all day, you run all night, and nobody is faster than you. Luckily for you, that includes werewolves, which makes you the most carefree person in town right now.

Most actions cannot be used on you at night; you are too fast. But because you spend all night running, you have no night action.

DocHobo

zxp346.png

You are the Bottle Seller, the talented salesman. You win with the Town.

You couldn't care less about what's going on around you. Well, if you were killed by werewolves, you would care, but mainly your interest is just in selling bottles and making money. But people won't buy bottles during werewolf-related emergencies, so you need to go on the attack.

You have a single fairy trapped inside a bottle, you lucky dog. It will keep you alive after a single attack at night, but only one. And no giving it away, because it's not an item even though it obviously is.

Cirt

bjdatv.png

You are Meditating Man in Bar, the mourning father. You win with the Town.

Your son went missing a very long time ago. You don't know where he went or what happened to him, but all you can do is drink and mourn, and thus you don't really care about the werewolf threat.

Your son played a flute, and you had thought it lost as well, but one day you found it at the foot of your bed when you woke up. Once a night, you can play this flute to summon a bird, who will take you out of town for the night to search for your son. You are untargetable on those nights, and you return for the daytime. This ability cannot be used on consecutive nights.

Sahaqiel

14blwds.png

You are the Mad Batter, punisher of the wicked. You are Independent.

You were at rest in your cave, just as you always have been, when you were rudely awakened by the screams of silly townspeople. Who cares whether or not werewolves are around? You're angry, and fairly certain that humans should shut their noiseholes.

You win by punishing people until you're satisfied. Once a night, choose one player. You will use your magic to punish them in some way, the wretches.

During the day, make sure to punish them as well by making silly claims and causing chaos. Spare no one!

This was my favourite role, and it didn't really get to see the light.

Saha kept targeting Linkprow, which of course would fail.

So every night, I wrote Road Runner / Wile E. Coyote-type PMs.

Saha, your ability was actually beneficial to your targets. (Like in Link to the Past, when the Mad Batter "curses" Link, he is actually giving him more magic.) For example, if you had targeted Umbreon, her ability would have been 100% effective on that night.

Furthermore, you were actually a jester. You had to be voted out of the game to win - which is why I told you to act anti-town during the day. And getting yourself lynched would have been difficult, because every player you targeted would have seen a purple bat helping them out at night. Since Linkprow was untargetable, he never saw a thing.

Kimmy + Largely Legendary

24fji4h.png

You are A. Bumpkin (Kimmy) and B. Bumpkin (Largely Legendary), the lumberjack brothers. You are Werewolves.

One horrible night recently, werewolves ran out of the Lost Woods as you were busy chopping down trees, and attacked the two of you. You were both transformed into terrible furry wolfy sorts of creatures; what a fate. And now you're locked in Kakariko Village with an angry torch-bearing mob - but it's not all bad.

Once a night, one of the two of you can choose one player, and kill them with claws and teeth. You win the game when you outnumber the remaining non-wolf players.

You have a brother, Q. Bumpkin. He knows that you are werewolves, but he is sticking to his brothers' side. You don't know which player he is, but you have the option of turning him into a werewolf if you so choose. If you do, you will learn his identity and he will be able to communicate with you, but he will lose any abilities he had as a human. Also, on the night that you turn him into a werewolf, you will get no night kill. Either way, he wins when you win, so take care not to kill him accidentally.

Not too much to talk about here. Secretly, they would show up as "???, Werewolf" when they were lynched, to make sure their identities didn't make them suspects. I can't account for talking outside of the thread though, so this protection didn't pan out. Tough luck, I guess.

Arcane

6ia2xy.png

You are Q. Bumpkin, the third lumberjack. You win with the Werewolves, who are Kimmy and Largely Legendary.

Your brothers are werewolves; you were inside the house when werewolves attacked them one night, but you heard it happen. But whatever they are now, they are still your brothers, and you will do anything to protect them.

Once a night, choose one player. You will climb a tree and observe them at night, to come to some conclusion about who they are.

Since you are not a werewolf, you cannot talk to the Werewolves. They know that you exist, but they don't know who you are. You can help them by helping to lynch powerful townies. Also, they can choose to recruit you as a werewolf on any night they like, but you lose your investigative ability when they do so.

When you are investigated as a human, you show a Town result. If you become a Werewolf and are then investigated, you will show a Werewolf result.

If your brothers both die and you are still human, you will commit suicide out of sadness. If you are a werewolf and they die, however, you will stay alive and fight in their memory.

The little tidbits that Arcane got with his ability were the parts of the roles such as "the potions master" or "the silent hobo".

That-1guy + Corrupt One

66j6g7.png

You are Dwarf A (That-1guy) and Dwarf B (Corrupt One), the leaders and sole members of the Dwarf Liberation Front. You are Mafia.

You are tired of Dwarves in Hyrule not getting the rights and freedoms they deserve! And now that werewolves are killing townspeople, you two brothers will use the confusion to make your voices heard! Dwarf power!

Once a night, one of the two of you chooses one player to kill with your smithing hammers. You win the game when you outnumber the remaining non-Dwarf players.

Because you are trusted worksmen of Kakariko, both of you show up as Town when investigated.

Another one of my favourite roles. There's nothing secret in here, I just liked the idea of the little dwarves running around yelling DWARF POWER and whacking people on the head in the name of freedom.

Posted

I just realized that Aethix stopped me from killing a wolf on the first day.

And that Saha's game is apparently next. :D

Posted

D:

Man.

It's not like it mattered, Naebohshin. Every single night I was stopped by a different person's abilities.

Posted

You got stopped by Shadowknight once and Linkprow every other time. Read his PM.

And it does matter, because by screwing up your night actions, you had more of a chance to look scummy, since no one would see you showering them with bat love.

Posted

Oh, so the fact that I helped kill pheo may have actually helped town win. I thought I had just lowered our chances of winning by a lot but it looks like it wasn't such a bad thing.

Posted

Nabe, I would like to know what my character would have been like if it had been cured...

Posted

Haha, good game guys.

Posted

Read PMs. Why was getting rid of Arcane a good thing Largely Legendary? You said it helped your ability?

I don't understand.

Posted

@Muff: Lynching Arcane was just a random thing. They didn't mean to do it, but when it happened they certainly tried to use it to their advantage.

@GMP: If you had been cured, you would have just been a normal townie - normal, but alive. Your "ability", so to speak, was that people who attack you die.

Posted

HAY

SAHA

I think I should be allowed to play in this hyrule.net game you have here, because nothing is really happening in the IRL game and its filled with noobs, anyways. To preserve coherencey, you can even give me my same role. Whaddya say?

Posted

HEY PHEO

DID YOU READ MY OVERVIEW OF YOUR PM

CAUSE I BET YOU DIDN'T

Posted

aw, nabe, thats not cool.

but totally in character I guess.

Posted

So, its a good thing we lynched Pheonix on the first day. He would have probably screwed everything up.

I shall now post my Death PM. It was really epic:

You sit outside sharpening a sword idly, and waiting for your brother to return from his duties. You yawn and scan the horizon; has something happened to him? Why isn't he back yet?

You set down the sword and stand, pacing over to the front steps of your house. You feel restless, agitated, worried - maybe you should go out and look for him.

Suddenly, a rustling from the bushes. You spin around, your mind already going through your options. Your hammer. Inside. Your sword. Too far. It was over before it began.

Slice, goes your stomach under the claw of the wolf. A crushing flash of adrenaline immediately swells inside you, and you find yourself suddenly without sight, hearing, or feeling.

-----------------------------------------------------

Your vision returns first; the bright moon overhead casts pale moonlight down onto you. Since there is no longer a snarling wolf in your face, you decide it must have left you for dead. How long has it been since the attack? You've lost all sense of time.

Your feeling comes in next, a quick flash of the pain you should be experiencing, and immediately goes away again, but even a brief glimpse of the pain is enough to make you retch. You turn over onto your side; the moon is too bright now. The grass beside you is a dark green; you cough and it stains red.

You can hear faint whistling now, drawing nearer. Coming up the front steps, your brother stops dead in his tracks as he sees you. Judging by the look in his eyes, you probably don't look too great. You feel yourself starting to slip.

You can't focus your vision, so you settle for looking in his direction. You have nothing left, but you need to let him know to carry on the fight. You cannot have died in vain. You strain your body to muster up the strength that's not there, the strength you need to get words past your lips. Something bursts behind your eyes with the effort, and the shapes of the world blur into a super-saturated, vibrant canvas of color.

"D..dwarf.... power........."

Was the grass always this green?

-----------------------------------------------------

Well, you're dead. What a bummer.

You are of course no longer allowed to post in the thread or in communication with Corrupt One. Sorry about your luck.