Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Link vs. Master Chief

47 posts in this topic

Posted

What makes you think MC can't swim? He's a supersoldier? Of course, he could always RUN or JUMP out of the water. Also, let's see Link go up against the Master Chief and a whole armada of Phantoms. >:c

Posted

Why does only master chief get to bring in support? If he gets support so does Link.

Posted

it's called being sergeant major of the army.

Is link sergeant Major?

Posted

In all of the Halo games I played MC dies whenever you go in water

Posted

... I think you were maybe being shot at... ._.'' Oh oh, I know... Maybe it's because you went passed the safe parts in the water and went over to the deep spots!

I think Link would probably die from that too... e.e It doesn't take super powers or anything to survive it, because a greater force known as GAME DESIGNERS scripted someone to die in it. It's like in Spirit Tracks, Link dies from the liiiight touch of a Phantom's Sword! Link's survived things that looked far more impressive. Then there's the whole Phantom Train thing. o: Still, in the canonically-correct story... MC has yet to ever die... I believe.

Now, Link has died. Need we rememer The Hero of Time?

Posted

You mean when Link was torn away from that timeline and sent to relive his childhood?

Posted

I have played Halos 1,2, and 3 and when you go in water thats above your head you do not die you can walk around under there and not die at all (unless shot enough by enemies above surface.)

Posted

No. >:C The Hero of Time died because of old age or whatever... Then they made a statue of him in Hyrule Castle, we see this in Wind Waker!

Posted

Hookshot cannot pull MC, he weighs half a ton. It would just pull Link into him, and then MC could annihilate him with his superior hand-to-hand combat/insane strength/speed.

The invisibilty cape wouldn't work because MC has a motion detector. Though it doesn't work against Elites due to it's camouflaging heat signatures as well.

His visor automatically adjusts to any light, deku nuts wouldn't work either.

He could most likely climb out of the water, rather quickly, I believe.

MC can't call in reinforcments. This is One on One.

MC can't die of old age, he's in a cryo tube. Probably for many, many years. You don't age inside of cryo tubes.

Bomb arrows probably aren't even strong enough to reduce his energy shields all the way. Let alone kill him with one hit.

@deadmetabolic: Chief Petty Officer 3rd Class. Not even close to Sergeant Major.

Here are some probabilities. Let's assume the Master Sword and Light Arrows ignore his energy shields. They are magical after all.

MC fires a few quick bursts from an AR at Link, Link dodges and charges up to MC with Pegasus Boots attempting to run him through. Chief dodges and grabs Link's wrist, twisting it and releasing his grip on the Master Sword. He punches Link in the gut, ruptering internal organs and killing him instantly.

Link fires a Light Arrow at the Chief, he barely dodges and fires a rocket, Link emerges surrounded by Nayru's Love. Fires a couple more arrows, and draws his sword, charging him. Master Chief grabs the blade by slapping the palms of his hands onto both sides, stopping it just short of his armor, but it penetrates his energy shields. Link bashes with his shield, knocking out his HUD momentarily and maneuvering behind him. He slashes with his sword horazontally, Chief gets a gash in his armor... woop. Grabs his pistol and shoots Link, Link blocks with his mirror shield, just deflecting them back. Master Chief stops and resorts to hand-to-hand combat. Gaining the advantage by knocking his sword out of his hand again. Link dons the Magic Armor and drops a bomb, Master Chief is blown up and dies.

Too lazy to write anymore... Those are two possible scenarios.

Also, if you read Reach. The first Halo book, it talks about many things that would give MC a huge advantage. Also, if you included Cortana, he couldn't lose. Cortana would be able to control his suit(partially), therefore controlling him. Allowing him to dodge and counterattack much quicker and efficiently. But, including Cortana would make it 2-on-1. So...

Chief would win in most cases. Link MIGHT win if he manages to gain a few advantages, such as feinting and such to confuse Chief. Not likely though. SPARTAN-II's brains work faster than super computers, their reflexes are 300% that of ordinary humans, their bones are virtually indestructible, perfect night-vision, etc.

Posted

batman_begins.jpg

BATMAN WINS.

Posted

Baby we can get together

You'll be the master

I'll be yo chief

GUUUURRRL I'll be yo chief

Posted

link yeah

Posted

That's only to keep you in the playing area intended by the developers. In Halo 1, on the mission "The Silent Cartographer" or, the fourth level, you can go into the water that surrounds the island where the level takes place.

On Xbox, you could travel onward indefinitely, drive under it, hell even the marines in the warthog could apparently "breath" underwater. The marines and the warthog being fully functional underwater are no doubt a result of the game's development, of this not being thought of or whatever. Master Cheif has an air-sealed suit on, though, so of course he can "breath" underwater. He can even stay in the vacuum of space for awhile.

Also in Halo 1, on the level "Keyes" or, the ninth level, MC drops through a hole in the hull of a Covenant ship and falls into a deep pool of liquid coolant. There's a short cutscene of him falling, then you resume control while you're underwater. You can sit there for as long as you want.

In Halo 2, in the first/second/whatever(I say that due to the first chapter that was a cutscene and the short "training" mission, which I don't consider full levels, but some people disagree), there are two instances where MC has to walk and fight in space. If his suit(which is an improved version of Halo 1's suit)can hold in the vacuum of space, it can definitely keep him alive underwater.

In Halo 3, on the first level, there's an area where two pelicans are ambushed by banshees, with a lake underneath them. You can jump in this lake and stay in it for as long as you want to.

Plus, in the book Ghosts of Onyx, a Spartan squad had to do an entire op underwater.

Posted

hm,I don't remember that mission in Halo 3

Posted

Sierra 117. It's the mission right after MC wakes up.