Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hyrule Game Idea

181 posts in this topic

Posted

Blue and gray would be the first thing to hit.
It wasn't a bad layout, though. It just wasn't comfortable.

Perhaps after you beat the first boss in the Hnet 3.0 zone, you have the option to turn it back to Hyrule 2.0, because the boss lets you know that you can change the layout.

But then this will turn into one of those light games with dark overtones, where no matter how hard you fight, everything seems bleak. Suddenly, the ability is taken away and everything is white and light blue. After you beat some other boss, it becomes the Clean Cut layout or something, then when you beat Tappy, it turns into this layout or something.

Each layout would be levels, just so the whole game doesn't have a monotonous background. I say we should start making tiles based on the layouts, only put a good twist on them so they work out fine.

Here's an idea. The game has a level system. Each layout/skin is an extensive level with various enemies/bosses with sublevels. Each new level, you progress through each of the forums on the message board in order of most likely to solve your problem. For my idea before where you learn to switch the skin back to Hyrule 2.0, you would beat the boss at the Help Desk. Then you go into Rants and Raves. Then Open Floor, etc.
The final sublevel would be in the least likely place, which of course turns out to be the place you find the boss and final solution. I would imagine the last last level would be some place like Wild West, and you need to mug the password out of the previous boss.
Sahaqiel

Posted

*multiple facepalms*

Riight, plot. How'd I forget that? If we can integrate the other ideas, Saha's plot is very much awesome.

The outskirts of Hyrule was supposed to be the part of Open Floor, New Arrivals, so...
Textures were done on my own, but I got a few critiques from PixelJoint.

Posted

I was serious about scheduling an appointment though.
Pick a date, time, get on chat, and I'll work for a reasonable amount of time.

Posted

Hmm, if I'm free, tomorrow afternoon? I tend to lurk in chat anyway. Actually made and registered #sprites for us.

Posted

Lessee. Well tomorrow, I am attending a birthday party. Depending on how that goes down, I might either have to stay the night or I might go to my friend's house and chill there. Since he has a free laptop, I would be able to use that, but he has scheduled a section of time with me to play MineCraft with him.

Posted

Should be free Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. I'd say today, but I'm leaving my computer in about 30 minutes here. I'll still be able to post, but my Mom's computer doesn't have anything to sprite with, not even paint.

Posted

I am free possibly tomorrow and possibly Saturday, but I am probably available Sunday afternoon.

I should make a thread for helping with my Sahaqieling.

Posted

I'm slowly learning the way of the gimp.

I hope this will work.

[img]http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/3395/eyeballkid19535696176ia.gif[/img]

I just went to Iaza. But I'd still like lessons from CO. This business of an appointment doesn't sound too bad.

Posted

No lessons from me, pheonix? D:

Posted

Saha (and Pheonix too) are you free to do this right now?

Posted

Okay, I've finally found something that qualifies as an example of how I was hoping to make this.

Posted

I wonder who you got that from. Haha.

Posted

Spriters, you should watch this topic...

[IMG]http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr211/digitizedCo/NewHud.png[/IMG]

I think we need to make our sprites bigger, so here's a WIP HUD.

Posted

Minor edit: on the three middle hearts, the edge of where they switch from red to yellow isn't right proportionally.
Try something like this.
[attachment=3994:hearts.PNG]

Posted

Hey, what kind of music do we need? I could probably do some chiptune-esque stuff (maybe some actual chiptune, if I can get the modded gameboy I'm trying to get off craigslist), or glitch if it would fit. From the look of the game, I certainly think electronic music would be the best.

Glitch isn't too hard, and my friend just ordered a synth, so I could use that.

The other option is that my band, the Thorchestra, could play some music. We have a studio mic, so recording wouldn't be a problem. The band consists of a piano, two violins, an upright bass, a cello, a cajon, and an acoustic guitar.

The third option is that I could colaborate with a friend of mine who has a ridiculous number of instruments to make stuff. He has a keyboard, synth/vocoder, drum kit, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, bass guitar, trumpet, bass clarinet, bassoon, and melodica. That'd be the most versatile option, but I don't really think it'd fit very well.

Just tell me what kind you guys want.