Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hyrule Game Idea

181 posts in this topic

Posted

I want to help but I'm no good with computers [size="1"]but mybe I can write the storyline for I'm good with making up things[/size]

Posted

GoC, the Zora in your signature is female.

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' date='26 February 2010 - 06:47 PM' timestamp='1267228077' post='281746']
GoC, the Zora in your signature is female.
[/quote]
A rather flat-chested female at that...

Anyways, I'm going to be getting into real 2D game programming as soon as I get my Pandora. I could help with that.

Posted

How about this big, Nabe?

[img]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/5643/furry.png[/img]

somewhere in here saha mentioned Isaac the part-time lamp post. I kinda picked random colors.

[img]http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/8959/isaac.png[/img]

Anyway that's it for now, for me.

Posted

SHINO YOU SHOULD SPRITE MEEEEEE!

Posted

[img]http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5892/newuserbasicsprite.png[/img]

I painted over a sonic battle sprite of Sonic to make this, there's six frames in his idle loop and I want to do all of them. I think this is what we should be going for.

Also, I suggest we name this protagonist "New User."

Also, I suggest that Sahaqiel, if he doesn't get a flamethrower, should at least be able to breathe fire.

Also, I think this game should be a side scrolling fighter with no platforms. Similar to [url="http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/427136"]this.[/url]

Posted

That reminds me of Megaman and I really really dislike Megaman style sprites.
Plus it's kinda' hard to make an animation for.

Posted

don't worry, I can take care of the idle animation. But do you really dislike megaman sprites that much? I mean you can mess with the style of it if you want. After all, it [i]is[/i] just a blue stick figure.

Posted

[quote name='Min' date='26 February 2010 - 08:27 PM' timestamp='1267234035' post='281802']
SHINO YOU SHOULD SPRITE MEEEEEE!
[/quote]
Maybe some other day <3

Posted

Some other TODAY

Posted

Yeah, I don't like Megaman sprites partially 'cause people use them too much. Being a comicker at one time back in the day of forever ago, this was very prominent amongst other comickers.
Plus the feet. The feet are just huge and the shading and shape of the body and the fists are so huge and s;adjfla

I think my starfish would kinda' be cool. Since it's a blob it'd be easier to sprite animations for and it would open up aesthetic opportunities for attacks and stuff.

I say the plot should be that a newer user joined on the last day of Hyrule 2.0. The next day, Hyrule 3.0 was introduced and IP Boards were updated, making us lose everything. You, being a new user, are all like wtf, what happened to this site that was so appealing when we got here.
So you try to get to the root of this, battling the inner circle of users in order to figure out why this is happening. Throughout the whole game, there would be mysterious floating eyes that flit on and off screen.
Each boss you defeat, you gain clues and progress the game forward. You also gain powerups. Like if you defeat Bathykolpian (Teto's first form) you gain the ability to rapid fire posts. If you defeat Figurehead, you get the ability to enrage your target. If you defeat Teto's Xth form, (Whichever one where he became openly furry) you gain a fursuit. [url="http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/914/rain1n.png"]I've already sprited his Rain form.[/url]
Then you reach the admins, and when defeated, they give you mod, and you obtain ban magic or something, but it is revealed that Dustin just abandoned the whole universe and Tappy was trying but not hard enough, and then AgentSnoop is revealed to have plotted the whole thing to increase the stress of the forum to put people on edge. When people are on edge, they are more wont to say things in anger they would normally keep secret. AgentSnoop was here the whole time to learn our secrets with the floating eyes. Then you defeat him and gain Hyrule 2.0 back.

SOUND LIKE A PLAN BRO?
Sahaqiel

Posted

I'm hurt guys. I'm the leading man.

Posted

Yeah, the Hnet ring of influential members has been getting larger, so even some veteran members might be left out if they aren't active enough for long.

Posted

Maybe I could be the final boss who isn't an evil guy at all, I'm just a good guy who's been sent on an evil quest unbeknownst to me. The hero and I face off in an epic struggle until either a) one of us dies or B[i][/i]) one of us realizes that we're both good guys.

Posted

This is so awesome.

Can I be in it somehow? Like, a sailor that gets eaten or something.