Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hyrule Game Idea

181 posts in this topic

Posted

A list of mostly nonconformist elements I can think of, and the status effects associated that may be inflicted by an attack of that element.

[list]
[*]Null - Annulled: cannot defend against melee attacks.
[*]Lunar - Berserk: must run and jump toward the nearest enemy.
[*]Rainbow - Seizure: will jump randomly.
[*]Laser - Blinded: unable to use ranged attacks.
[*]Pastry - Doughed: unable to jump.
[*]Noise - Unbalanced: directional controls will reverse and un-reverse randomly.
[*]Power - Powerless: attack strength reduced by half.
[*]Wisdom - Stupefied: unable to use magic.
[*]Courage - Afraid: must run and jump away from the nearest enemy.
[*]Furry - Furrified: receive double damage when hit by a melee attack.
[*]Cooking - Ignited: the player must run continuously in the direction he is facing.
[*]Post - no secondary effect.
[/list]

I've got some other amendments for my storyboard idea. The player also has a Post Gun, that all new users are given. Also, some of the swords transform into other weapons, like Chef Nonsense's sword transforms into a frying pan/skillet and Fierce Muffin's sword turns into a whip made of pastry.

Posted

[quote name='Largely Legendary' date='09 March 2010 - 03:02 PM' timestamp='1268168531' post='284682']1. So if chat was a level, I think it should be a barren wasteland, devoid of life.
[/quote]
With short bursts of enemies that talk/post so much it is inconvenient. Because that's how chat works.

Posted

[IMG]http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr211/digitizedCo/HyruleOutskirts.png[/IMG]
~Outskirts of Hyrule~

1. Probably included as a part of the wild west, then.
2. Most people aren't bosses, there will be several people themed minions though.
3. :/

Posted

I got SDL to work for me. Just saying, that's one step closer to this thing happening.

Posted

I vote we try a different style than the digital world look. I mean I like it, but if we're going to go monochrome, the original Gameboy look looks a bit better, even if it is based on Hyrule 2.0
Or at least detail the buildings a bit better,

Posted

It would probably be more work to do old-style graphics than it would be to do normal graphics, especially from a programmer's perspective. We'd need custom fonts (although we might need those anyways) and I'd need to make sure the big, fake pixels all line up straight all the time.

Besides, what would Rainbowqiel look like in monochrome?

Posted

Did I say I was done with it?

[IMG]http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr211/digitizedCo/HyruleOutskirts-1.png[/IMG]

Posted

[quote name='Aethix' date='09 March 2010 - 09:14 PM' timestamp='1268190890' post='284770']
It would probably be more work to do old-style graphics than it would be to do normal graphics, [b]especially from a programmer's perspective[/b]. We'd need custom fonts (although we might need those anyways) and I'd need to make sure the big, fake pixels all line up straight all the time.[/quote]

Fonts are spritework and old style graphics don't have big fake pixels. |:

Posted

Hey guys. Can I help?

This upcoming summer is already being devoted to music. I'm aiming to do my Mentorship next year with a local band. If you want to hear them, look up AM Architect.

I've got an electric drum set. I'm saving up for a synthesizer/vocoder, and I'll probably get it over the summer, because I'm gonna have a job. I've also convinced my parents to buy me a theremin. I also have some sheet music from the old Majora's Mask Gameboy project that is currently out of commission, if you want me to use it.

So basically, I'm applying for a music position, and this post is kind of like my resume. Kind of. Mostly, it's just me saying that I'm qualified.

What do y'all think?

Posted

to the entire post above: I think you might almost be overqualified. So I guess that means welcome to the team.

to everybody else: [s]I'll be posting something else related to this soon.[/s] It needs to be more alive around here.

[IMG]http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr211/digitizedCo/HyruleOutskirts-2.png[/IMG]

Posted

*NECROMANCY*
[IMG]http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr211/digitizedCo/HyruleOutskirts-5.png[/IMG]
OR- http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr211/digitizedCo/HyruleOutskirts-5.png

Posted

[IMG]http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr211/digitizedCo/HyruleOutskirts-7.png[/IMG]
Okay, [i]now[/i] I'm taking a break.

Posted

That looks nice.

Posted

It's cool that you've started spriting stuff, but I think we should first plan what the areas will be, then make a tileset and test them until everyone's comfy with it.

As for criticism, I think the clouds are done very nicely. I'd like to see those in the final product. While the sign as a webpage is a cool idea too, I think it would be better if the buildings represented various areas of the forum and were all done as webpages. I enjoy the grainy and marble-esque building textures. Did you put them there yourself?

When the storm that is Hyrule.net 3.0 + InvisionBoard Updates hits, we should make it a really bleak landscape devoid of intelligible life. Kind of like beta Twilit world with the black and white, only with some colors that will make it more attractive.

Posted

How about blue?