Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Stranded

1 post in this topic

Posted

Allison slowly opened the door and gently entered the darkened livingroom. Expecting the worst she sighed as she saw David sitting on the couch. "David?" She said with a sigh. "Oh Allison you're back early." he said in an uneven monotone. "The guys have been trying to call you, why didn't you answer?" she asked

As she moved closer the light streaming in from outside reflected off an object in his hand. "What is that David?" she asked. "Is that a gun?" David held up the gun. "Yes it is, I'm deciding something." he said. Allison noticed tears streaming down his face and a empty bottle of vodka at his feet. "Have you been drinking?" she asked. David nodded silently, squeezing the gun in his hand. "talk to me David, what's wrong? Where are your parents?" she asked. "Dead, they died in a car accident." "Oh my god David, when?" She asked. "Five hours from now." he said placing the gun to his head. "No stop David keep talking." she said

Putting the gun on the sofa David stood up and walked to the stairs. "Follow me Ally." he said ascending the stairs. Allison had known David Moore for four years and had never seen him act this way, it frightened her she wasn't sure what to do. "Where are we going david?" she asked. "You'll see." He said taking a right into his parents room. "I've never set foot in this room in the four years I've known you." she said looking around. Allison gasped as she noticed that dust covered everything, the desk, the dresser even the bed was covered with dust, the only thing that wasn't was a bookcase. "David what's going on here?" David pointed at the bookcase. "The Time Machine, by H.G. Welles grab it for me will ya." Allison searched the books and found it. Grabbing it from the top she pulled it down until it stopped stuck on something. "Pull harder." he said. Allison pulled releasing a catch which caused the entire bookcase to open revealing a darkened room. "What is this?" she asked. "The switch's on the wall to your left." he said. Allison reached in the darkness and flipped the switch turning on a series of lights that illuminated a long room that ran the entire length of the house. "What is this?" she asked. "It's my sanctum, the only place in this time when I can be myself." Allison turned to him. "What do you mean yourself?" David walked in and closed the door behind. "My name is not David Moore Allison, it's Peter Morrison. I'm a Time Traveler."

Four years earlier...

June 18th 2006