The Legend of Zelda: Renaissance

474 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

[Just to clarify and not lead to confusion, this takes place in the GCN map for Twilight Princess. It's been generations since, however, so things have changed. The size of Castle Town is a major change among them.]

Long after the Hero saved Hyrule from evil once more, the kingdom began to expand and advance. Over time, Hyrule entered a new age. It was an age of expansion, of art, of technology.

Hyrule had entered a Renaissance. It flourished under an explosion of beautiful life. Paintings, sculptures, music, restaurants, luxury, expansion, thinking, advancement, architecture.

This is a time of prosperity for the Hylians. However, this sunflower of a kingdom's common folk unknowingly face many a challenge in the near future. New monsters, political challenges, and an irritated lower class that harbors nothing but hate for the rich and fortunate.

-------------------------------------------

So yeah. This is my first RP, and I'm hoping it goes well. I need to post the Hyrulean Caste first, so you know where your character might possibly stand according to race:

hyruleiancaste.jpg

The caste only applies to work and what you're born into if you're in a Hylian town or city. If you are in a place that your race seems to be native to(Ex. Gorons and Death Mountain, Zora and Zora's Fountain, Gerudo and the desert), it will not apply.

Adventurers, freelancers, bounty hunters, and assassins(all of these fall under the generalization of "Adventurers") have no race restriction. If you're an adventurer, you make your own job. Nothing's keeping you from picking up a sword.

Pretty much same goes for mercenaries and soldiers.

Sheikah are nonexistent in modern Hyrulean life. Although their symbols and crafts survive through art, no one knows of the symols' origins. No one knows of the Sheikah except the royalty. Even then, they're never seen. As such, only a few Sheikah characters will be allowed, and they'll have to maintain a low profile among the common folk as far as their race goes.

If you make a character, please make him/her start out in a place that's appropriate according to the caste.

Hylians are obviously a very rich race to make a character out of, since they're the most flexible. However, making a character from a different race will definitely add a new twist. I encourage it.

Link either won't appear in this RP or will appear VERY late into it.

And please keep your characters 16 or older. It doesn't make sense for some 11 year old to walk out holding a huge sword in one hand and defeating 40 enemies with one swing. Hell, that doesn't make sense for anyone.

And that brings me to godmodding. This is a realistic RP. It'll be damn impressive if you're character can actually accomplish the event described above.

Also, please use proper English to the best of your ability. If English isn't your primary language, it's perfectly understandable, but I'd greatly appreciate it if you clarify this in the beginning of your first post here.

Thanks!

And for the "ain't" haters...

No, "ain't" isn't a double-negative. It's a contraction of, "am not," "is not," or "are not." I'm just sayin'.

Simplified Rules(to be honest, I copy/pasted these from Guardians of Hyrule, simply because I agree completely with them and couldn't have put them any better in such a simple way. Proof of this can be seen above these rules >.<)

Rules

1. Basic forum rules apply here. No spamming, flaming, etc. No excessive use of cursing, and absolutely no use of anything sexual.

2. You cannot kill another person's character without their permission, and you cannot control another character without their permission.

3. No overly powerful characters.

4. No god-modding or neo-nuking.

5. When making a character, please be realistic and descriptive. These are your characters, so try not to have them be flat as a piece of paper.

6. This is a literate RP, which means no one sentence replies and such. Also, spellcheck is your friend if you have Firefox.

Here's the character sheet(also pastied over from GoH, 'cause Stormsworder wins more at this than I do >.<):

Name:

Age: [16 is the absolute minimum for it. Also, if they are that young, they cannot be a master of fighting, and they have to have some handicaps for still being so young]

Race:

Appearance:

Weapons:

Personality:

Home:

Bio:

-----------------------------------------------

Here's my character to start off with:

Name: Darius

Race: Hylian

Appearance: Facially, he resembles me:

24341_1245432781937_1412932036_30601230_4808617_n.jpg

24341_1245432941941_1412932036_30601234_6075263_n.jpg

Minus acne or fat or anything like that, of course.

He dresses like most boys of his age and class, with nice, stylish clothing. This normally consists of a finely-sewed filigree pattern button shirt with equally fine trousers, and shined leather shoes.

Weapons: Currently unknown.

Personality: Fun-loving, serious when he absolutely needs to be, easily fascinated, adventurous, opinionated, art-loving

(This, of course, isn't the entirety of his personality. I'm not great at describing these >.< . He'll develop as he goes :D )

Home: A nice home in the upper parts of Castle Town

Bio: Darius has always been fascinated by the advancing music and art. Most of all, however, with adventure. With the tales of men and women making riches and enjoying life to the fullest. His father's a banker, and his uncle's a blacksmith and fighter. If he ever needed money, he could turn to his father. If he ever needed a weapon and training, he could turn to his uncle. He seemed all set for adventure. All that's left for him now is to begin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll post the beginning later, or after someone else posts their character.

I'm really excited for this RP, by the way!

IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN JOINING THIS RP, PLEASE READ THIS:

It is never too late join, just read up on the RP and figure out a good entry point, or PM me for a summary. I'll try my best to get you up to speed. :D

Edited by Jo-Bengt (see edit history)

Posted

Name: Saka

Race: Zora

Appearance: As an average zora(TP), but thinner due to slight malnutrition. His scales have a cobalt hue, and his eyes seem gentle. He wears a pendant about his neck that resembles the Zora's Sapphire.

Weapons: Shell Knife(s), and Grappling Hook w/ Cheval Rope.

Personality: Saka is gentle to those he trusts, but can seem cold and out of touch to most. However, he will make exceptions for adventurers.

Home: Castle Town, Market Plaza, third floor of The Silver Rupee(an Inn/tavern)

Bio: During his early childhood, Saka's parents were running away with him, to who knows where. However, one night they put him in the castle town moat, and he hasn't seen them since, and barely remembers them. He miraculously found his way into the city a few days later, and was adopted by the Zora owner of The Silver Rupee, Alan. As an adventurous child, he often found his way into the nearby bookstore and read of adventure. He is currently employed at The Silver Rupee.

This should be fun.

Posted

Eh? No normal humans? What happened to the round-eared folks?

Well thoughtout all the same. You actually gave Hyrule a culture- one that isn't very pretty, with a rigid division of class and poverty among the none-Hylians. I'm curious though, what exactly happened to the Gorons, Gerudo, and Zora that made them the under-class? Don't they have their own society apart from that of the Hylians? I just want to be sure about the backstory so I can join the RP. It okay if I use a Subrosian?

Posted

Eh? No normal humans? What happened to the round-eared folks?

Well thoughtout all the same. You actually gave Hyrule a culture- one that isn't very pretty, with a rigid division of class and poverty among the none-Hylians. I'm curious though, what exactly happened to the Gorons, Gerudo, and Zora that made them the under-class? Don't they have their own society apart from that of the Hylians? I just want to be sure about the backstory so I can join the RP. It okay if I use a Subrosian?

They're all there. I pointed out that the caste wasn't in effect in a race's native area, like Death Mountain for Gorons or Zora's Fountain for Zoras.

But they're sort of under-class simply because they're not Hylian. Kinda like how a free black man during the slave era couldn't make it far, or how in mobster movies a non-Italian can't make it that far up the chain.

I never played the Oracles, so I'm unfamiliar with Subrosians >.< . Thank God for Zelda Wiki! :D

Sure, go for it. I think they'll pretty much be like the Sheikah, though. Just absolute unknowns.

I was pretty sure there'd be some races I wouldn't know about in there. It makes sense for this "new" race to appear, too, with the Hyrulean Expansion going on.

ANYWAY... Let's get this party started! I'll be I.C. from here on out until you see the equal sign line, like the one below.

========================================================================

Darius walked through the white-stone-paved streets of Upper Castle Town, where all of the upperclassman and, if not in the castle, nobles lived. It was here that the world was perfect. Clean, colorful, disease-free, prosperous, entertaining, uplifting. This was the district for the fortunate, for the lucky.

Lower Castle Town isn't all that bad, though, Darius thought as he walked through the gates separating the two worlds. Granted, it wasn't as beautiful or clean as Upper Castle Town, but the bulk of the city lived there. There was still culture to be experienced, places to see, It only got bad when you entered the slums, where Gerudos ruled the streets. Any upperclassmen who dared to walk those streets were instant targets for thievery, murder, anything that could bring harm. Even disease, simply from the area or prostitutes. It was terrible.

"Uncle!" Darius proclaimed as he walked through the back door to Essl's Smithy. Essl, his uncle, waved him over with a smile.

"Darius, good morning! It's a fine day today, huh?" He raved, patting his nephew on the back.

"Indeed it is, uncle. I wanted to thank you again for all the training you've given me this month."

"It's no problem, really. Anything for family. Have you decided on a weapon yet?"

"No, uncle, I can't. It's too hard to decide. I like the agility a smaller blade could give me, but what if I need something stronger? Something I can block with and slash with."

"I see exactly what you mean. Tell you what. You are planning on taking your first job soon, yes?"

"Yeah."

"Then you'll get the perfect opportunity to find out what suits you the best. It might be a little heavy, but I'll give you both so you an try them."

"Thank you, uncle!" Excitement could be detected in Darius by a blind man. His first job . It clung to the stars like a child's birthday, building up the anticipation day by day.

He walked out of his uncle's shop a proud man. The straps that held his weapons onto him clung to his embroidered white shirt flatteringly. A longsword and a short blade, both of them practical in combat, both of them stylish outside of combat. He never thought he could love a couple of items so much.

The day drug on, but he had found his obvious first job. People in the crowds of Lower Castle Town were all talking about the expansion, and how it was being halted in the southern forests. Beasts of an odd sort were impeding the progress of the grunts who aided the expanding settlers and explorers. They were overwhelmed. But by what? Beasts, yes, but of what kind? Darius didn't know. It piqued his curioussity, but he felt a bit of fear at the thought of what he might be heading into.

While walking through a street, he saw a man get pulled into an alley, a tan hand clutching to his shirt as it yanked him. Gerudos, he thought. He knew it was best to leave the situation alone, and he could easily see that the people around him knew the exact same thing all too well.

He couldn't help it, though. Here he was, witness to the crime and with the means to stop it. He couldn't just stand there and watch.

He knew he was going to regret helping this man.

=================================================================

Ivo, I don't know how I'm going to connect Holodrum and Hyrule, like I don't know where exactly to go to connect them. Got any ideas?

Also, from now on, out of character talk should be done like this: ((Hey, I won't be on for awhile etc. etc. etc.))

It should make posts a lot cleaner and easier to read.

Posted

((Geographically, you would probably place Holodrum to the north of Hyrule, with Labyrinna being to the east or west.))

Saka was sitting on his third story balcony, enjoying his lunch break and the wonderful day, when his eyes were forced open by the sounds of a scuffle below. He peered over the ledge to see a tan-skinned gerudo below, mugging some poor man off the street. Then someone who looked to be a nobleman, or at the least an adventurer, headed toward the crime. Summing up the sitiuation in his head, Saka decided it was time he taught one of those thieves a lesson.

He uncoiled his grappling hook, hooked it to the ledge, and jumped down into the fray.

Posted

((Ah, I see now.))

((Well.... I would rather think Holodrum was to the south-east of Hyrule. It has its own Lost Woods, which actually appears to be a small portion of the Lost Woods we see in other games. Just above the woods is a mountain range, which could concievably be the same one Death Mountain is apart of. Placeing it north of Hyrule has problems, such as the coast that runs along the south of Holodrum. Unless it is on a separate landmass, which is extremely unlikely, it can't be north of Hyrule.))

((I suppose with the Expansion, they stumbled upon a portal to Subrosia, maybe not within Holodrum itself but near enough to it, and made them join the kingdom like with the other races. The Subrosians decided to mostly keep to themselves and stay underground, but a small minority chose to move to Hyrule, though I can't think of any reason why. Maybe they were captured as slaves?))

Posted

((I like the idea of it being to the southeast, plus with the mountain range that we can assume Death Mountain being apart of, it just helps me paint a map in my mind. An actual continent. I'm also trying to factor Termina into all of this, but with all the theories of it being a parallel world and the identical people and whatnot... But perhaps the identical people was just Nintendo being lazy. Termina would also be a good place for trade, because of Great Bay. Perhaps the Gerudo Desert ends at a sea, in the southwest. Also, I'm pretty sure Hyrule's gonna go Spanish Conquistador on Subrosia when they find it. I don't know, maybe they won't. We'll see.))

Darius figured it'd be for the best to keep quiet and strike one in the back. He took a quick survey, seeing that there were only three Gerudo armed with daggers.

Can't be too hard, Darius thought, keeping his hand on his short blade. Then it hit him. This isn't like training. What he's about to jump into will be real combat. Life or death, them or him. One false move and he might end up a statistic.

Same goes for them, he thought, trying to keep it all in perspective.

Screw stealth. Let's do this.

He drew his blade, which was about the length of his elbow to his hand, and charged the Gerudo that stood watching the other girls mug the man, the one who had her back turned. He made footsteps, however. She turned, surprised that someone would be stupid enough to interfere.

Darius moved his left arm, torso, and legs accordingly to make a slash across her throat, resulting in a confirming slink!

Her carcass fell back onto the pavement, and the other two turned to face him.

"Well, you see me, think you can do it right?" Darius taunted, stretching out his arms in defiance. "Oh, look, one of them's actually armed for once!"

Posted

There was a resounding thunk as Saka slammed down on one of the unsuspecting gerudo women, stabbing her spine in the process. "Uhh. This may have been a bad time. Should I have left this to you?"

Posted

"Umm..." Darius considered for a moment, relieved that he wouldn't have to fight both of them at once. "No. Not at all."

He was surprised, but he couldn't fight the smile that spread across his face.

Two down, one to go, he thought as he charged the final Gerudo, who was just beginning to make a break for it.

Posted

Saka pulled his knife from the dead woman's spine before throwing it at the feet of the last woman. Startled, she jumped back, right onto Darius' blade.

Looking at the Hylian, Saka held out his hand. "The name's Saka, Mind my asking your name?"

Posted

"Darius," he replied, taking Saka's hand and shaking it firmly.

"That was awesome, I really appreciate the help. I hope we gave that guy another chance. That, or we just angered a lot of Gerudos. Either one's fine," Darius laughed. "Really, though, thanks. I don't know how bad it would've gone if I had to take them both by myself. You made that a cakewalk."

Posted

"Actually, cakewalks aren't nearly as easy as people seem to think they are. Anyhow, pleased to meet you. I work and live here, at The Silver Rupee. Judging by your clothing, and those swords you have there, it looks like you're an adventurer, am I right?"

Posted

"Straight off the frying pan," Darius laughed, rubbing the back of his neck. "I haven't even taken my first job yet. I'm honestly from Upper Hyrule, just started out as an adventurer today."

Posted

Is it too late for me to join?

Name: Vincent Igaguri

Race: Hylian

Appearance: Brown hair, with almost-tan, flawless skin, and light blue eyes. Wears a black with silver-trim tunic, beige, baggy pants, traveler's boots, and some finger-less leather gloves. Also a forest green cloak, for when he travels.

Weapons: A bow and quiver of arrows on his shoulder, and a simple broad sword at his side.

Personality: Considered as a bit of a klutz, and a little ditzy from time to time. Pretends that he doesn't like to fight, which would most often lead to his opponents lowering their guard long enough for him to get a strike in, which most of the time isn't fatal. The reason why he wears dark colors is that in reality, he's hiding something; a secret which symbolizes his dark past.

Home: Kakariko

Bio: Vincent was eventually taken in by the smith of Kakariko, when he was just two years of age. Though he was originally born in a noble family, they were out viewing the sights of Death Mountain, only to become struck by falling debris from the active-at-the-time volcano. When the smith came up to get some materials for making some weapons, he found Vincent, and seeing both the boy's parents lying dead nearby, he gives them a burial in the Kakariko graveyard, and raised Vincent like his own. Since then, Vincent was never told the truth of his real parents; only to be told that they'd be gone for a while, and that they left him with the smith until they returned. That was twenty-one years ago, and every once in a while, Vincent would go out, only when the smith has some weapons to be delivered.

Posted

((Of course not, it's only just begun :D . I can't do much right now until Corrupt posts a continuation of our conversation, but you're entirely welcome to start off your character in the meantime.))