The Legend of Zelda: Renaissance

474 posts in this topic

Posted

"Ah, so you're just heading out then." Saka paused thoughtfully, and asked, "Is there any way I could get a job as an adventurer, or maybe just come along with you?" He gestured at the fallen Gerudo and said, "I mean, I know we just met, but think we already make a good team."

Posted

((I'd think it would be easier to just assume that Termina is an alternate reality. Not that that necessarily excludes it from being discovered, though it would make mapping the continent less complicated.))

((Now should I start out in Subrosia (perhaps at the point the Hylian's have discovered it?), or some how make it so my character is already in Hyrule? I've got a good idea of the character I want to use, though I'm not sure which location to begin at.))

Posted

Out in the field of Southern Hyrule, Vincent slowly led his stallion, but it was putting a bit of difficulty in following the boy. "Awww, come on... Just because I'm not the smith doesn't mean you have to behave like you do..." Vincent whined, only to have it neigh at him, sounding like it was laughing at him. "If I don't get the weapons delivered in time, the smith will skin me..." The boy pleaded, only to have the horse just look at him. Knowing that he had to resort to it, Vincent also said, "He'll also skin you if you make me late..." When he said that, the horse finally decided to behave, and began to follow him to Castle Town to where the weapons were supposed to be delivered.

When Vincent was on the road, he would normally encounter some highwaymen, who would at time try to mug him of the weapons he tried to deliver. And it wasn't long before one of them ambushed him, a knife held at his throat. "Just go ahead and take them..." He spoke, watched as the man's eyes looked at him with confused eyes, giving Vincent enough time to reach for his sword and swung it at them. The small glint of blood which glimmered on the edge of his sword in the sunlight, and Vincent watched as the theif ran off, saying stuff like, "I'll get you next time." or "I have friends who will see to it that you'll die.", or whatever. That never happened for as long as he wandered the road since he was sixteen, which was his first delivery.

Vincent kept to the road from there, the horse cooperating with him as he entered the castle from the southern part of town. Knowing that his horse would literally refuse to even enter the busy streets, he took the weapons off the horse's back and slumpped them over his back, making sure not to break his bow in the process. He then carried them into town to the store specifically meant for swordsmen, waiting to get a 20% cut which the smith had promised him had he delivered them on time, only 10% if he was late. The store was in the middle-class part of the town, so it wasn't to expensive, nor was it too inexpensive either. The store owner and the smith got along rather well when they were younger, and their sword abilities were practically evenly matched, while Vincent's always has room for improvement. That's why he sticks with the bow if he encounters anyone from a range, but most of the time, he hit's them somewhere that isn't fatal, in case the target meant no harm.

Posted

Name:Link (Is it ok I be him?)

Race: Hylian

Appearance: Green Tunic, with stitching in the top neck area, with a widened "V" neck. Deep brown belt with a silver buckle. Large brown boots with a darker brown flaps on the tops. Under he has a whitish-yellowish long clothe type of clothing.

Weapons: None as of now

Personality: Courageous, strong, adventurous, helpful.

Home: Castle Town

Bio: Will be explained as the story goes on

"You have to try harder!" Link's trainer says.

"I'm trying!" Link yells as he swings a wooden sword at his trainer. The trainer then knocks Link over with one blow of his shield.

"Ow..." Link says, rubbing his bumped head.

"You'll never be as good as your father Link! You'll never become a warrior!" The trainer yells at his face.

"Grr...I will! I will be someday!" Link yells. He then storms out of the hidden training academy into Castle Town.

"He'll see...soon. Soon he'll see!!!" Link screams while everyone stares at him.

"....Um...." Link says walking into a store.

Posted

As Vincent came to the store, he stopped when he saw a 16 year old boy wearing a green tunic randomly screemed about showing someone. 'Okay... Talk about wierd...' He thought to himself, watching as they walked by him. 'This is why I don't live in the city... people like him, and also that I'm supposed to be with Smithy until my parents return from their trip.' He thought, not realizing that at first he was getting a little late. 'Awww, man... At this rate, if I run for it, that'll be the only way I can get that twenty percent cut...' He thought, running through the crowd of people to the store.

Once inside, he saw the same boy from earlier, who seemed to be in serious wonder. Vincent simply took it that he was just browsing and nothing more, and walked over to the front counter, seeing one of the employees. They recognized the seal on the bag of weapons he had on his back, and they immediately went to get the owner. When they returned, Vincent placed the bag onto the counter and opened it, revealing it's contents, consisting of at least five different broadswords, two battle axes, a spear, three bows and matching quivers, and also a uniquely crafted sword engraved with the ancient Hylian Language on the hilt. The man was impressed that he managed to bring everything like he ordered, but that didn't answer if Vincent was late.

"So... I'm late, aren't I?" He spoke, and the man said that he was late by only a mere second, causing Vincent to growl a bit. The store owner handed him the amount of ruppees, and Vincent decided to stay for a bit of a conversation, separating 10% of the pay to himself into an individual wallet, while the other 90% was placed into a service wallet. "I see you've got some other stock other than Smithy's crafted weapons." He spoke, as the man simply nodded.

"I had to at least get some in until Smithy's delivery-boy came in. But I know he's unmatched compared to any other smith in Hyrule, so his weapons should be of the best quality, but I'm glad he's working with me. Just wish that he'd live a bit closer so I won't have to wait too long for a delivery..." The man spoke, Vincent nodding a bit, his mind wandering if the boy was a customer or not.

Posted

((I'd think it would be easier to just assume that Termina is an alternate reality. Not that that necessarily excludes it from being discovered, though it would make mapping the continent less complicated.))

((Now should I start out in Subrosia (perhaps at the point the Hylian's have discovered it?), or some how make it so my character is already in Hyrule? I've got a good idea of the character I want to use, though I'm not sure which location to begin at.))

((Personally, I think you should start out in Subrosia, especially since I know pretty much nothing about it :embarrassed:. It shouldn't be too long before we stumble upon this portal.))

Name:Link (Is it ok I be him?)

((I did say that Link was either going to not be in this or might show up with a major role late into this, but you're a p. cool guy and I trust that you'll be able to handle Link's role. Like, as in not making him the major uber hero of the story, but keeping him on an equal level with the others. I don't like making this exception very much, but go ahead if you want to :D.))

---------------------------------------------

"Well," Darius considered, crossing his arms casually, "you're definitely right. We did work pretty well together. Plus, the more the merrier, right? I think if I'm going to investigate these beats that've been holding up our grunts trying to expand into the south, I'm gonna need some backup I can trust. So, sure. I'm glad to have you with me, man." Darius smiled and patted him on the shoulder.

"So about this tavern... Perhaps I could help you out with it? You know, a favor for a favor? I mean, you're certainly helping me out."

((Sorry I took so long!))

Posted

"Heh. Alan's been asking me to go out and get a job for weeks now, he actually has too much help." Saka smiled, then said, "I suppose I will need some equipment if I'm going to help you out, though. Nothing too expensive, just a backpack, some cooking gear, and maybe another knife. I can probably make the knife, though."

Posted

"Oh, no, it's no need. My uncle's a smith. We can go get you a fine knife right now. Come on."

Darius turned and waved Saka to follow him.

"Or you can browse. You'll find a nice selection to choose from there, and it'll be on the house."

Posted

"All right then, this should be interesting." With that he followed Darius to his uncle's house.

Posted

"Uncle!" Darius proclaimed as he walked in the back door again. "You'll never believe what happened! Saka, my friend right here, helped me save a man from Gerudo thieves. I want to buy him some equipment on the house. Charge it from my father."

"Very well, nephew. We just got a new shipment of weapons that he might be interested in, delivered from this kind man," Essl credited, pointing at a tan hylian with his thumb."

"Well," Darius said, turning to his friend, "check it out. Tell me if you find something you like."

Posted

Saka walked around the store, perusing it's many weapons. "Hmm. A sword, a spear, armored gauntlets...? So many from which to choose..." His eyes caught a glint and he bent down to find a pair of finely crafted knifes, each thinner than one of his scales. He picked them up, and realized that they could fold back inside themselves. Truely a beautiful pair of weapons.

Saka strolled back over to Darius and said "These will do perfectly."

Posted

"Damn," Darius whispered, awestruck. "Nice. Just beautiful."

Darius hadn't just sat and watched Saka pick something out, though. He realized that he'd need some protection, and picked up some chainmail, and some leather gauntlets with steel plating to protect the wrists and hand from damage, along with studs to cover the knuckles. He had already tried it all on, and had his sleeves rolled up to the top of the gauntlets.

"That'll be all, uncle."

"Alright. Be careful out there."

"Well, let's go get signed up," Darius suggested, excitement riding on his words.

Posted

After a while, Vincent watched as two others, a male Hylian and also a Zora came in to examine the weapons he brought. He watched as the Zora looked at a pair of knives that he also brought, both made with a flexible, and also durable metal that's only in the possession of the Gorons of Death Mountain. Though his sword wasn't made of the same material, it was made of a similarly-durable metal without the flexibility as the knife. He also watched as the Hylian went around and picked up some armour as well, and though Vincent had what seemed like only a tunic, pants, and a cloak for protection, underneath his shirt was a layer of scale-mail, made with the same metal as his sword. He granted him a limited protection against blades, anything up to a bastard sword will only leave dents in it, and arrows would only deflect off of him if they were shot at his torso.

"My job here is done, so until next time; adieu..." Vincent spoke, waving as he left the store with a bit of a smile, and started to make his way for the southern gate.

Posted

(Thanks Jo-Benjt!)

Link pulls out a bag with a rupee jewel on on front. He scours it for his one red rupee.

"I want a bottle of milk and water with this." Link says handing the man at the desk the rupee.

"Okay, here." He says, handing him the water, then the milk.

"Thank you." Link says solemnly. He then walks out of the shop, seeing if anyone was still looking at him.

He notices no one is looking at him besides one little boy, but Link walks off anyway. He walks off in a deep corner of Hyrule Town, which leads to a dirt path. He walks up to it to his house. Unknowingly, the boy stil follows Link.

He pushes the big block out of the way (For protection of his home) and walks by. The child also skids through. Link pushes the block back and Link hears a sneeze.

He turns around.

Who are you?" Link asks, bending down.

"I, uh..." the boy says, starting to cry.

"Hey, hey its okay!" Link says, patting his back, "Whats wrong."

"I can't find my mooooommmmmy!" he yells bursting out with tears.

"Its okay! I'll keep you here for a while, how does that sound? We can make posters with your picture on it so mommy can find you!" Link says.

"Okay." the boy says smiling at Link puffy-eyed.

Posted

"Good," the Hylain guard recruiter stated. "Remember, this does not make you part of the Hylian Guard. You are Mercenaries, Freelancers, Adventurers, whatever you wish to call yourselves. Whatever that may be, it will not be guardsmen." He said this matter-of-factly, as if to say he would be offended if Darius and Saka considered themselves guards. "The problem is in the Southern Forest. You will have to pass through Ordon Village on your way, which is advisable anyway. Once the situation is dealt with..." The man's eyes darted between the duo doubtfully. "...if the situation is dealt with, report here ASAP."

"Got it," Darius replied.