The Legend of Zelda: Renaissance

474 posts in this topic

Posted

"Kira..." Darius said to himself, thinking. He knew he recognized that face from somewhere. "If you don't mind me asking, were you once a resident of Upper Castle Town?"

Posted

Kira stayed silent for a moment. Then shook her head, a little. "I don't like talking about my past..." Her voice trailed off. "But, I did live there at one point and time, yes."

Posted

"There is nothing wrong with that," Darius spoke, referring to her not talking about her past. "I apologize. It just seems as though I have met you before."

"In any case," Ulia butted in, "It's good to meet, you, Kira!" She said cheerfully. "Crap, I haven't even met Saka yet. Come here, Zora boy..." she drawled, walking over to meet him.

Posted

Kira watched Ulia, a giggle slipped past her lips. She covered her mouth and walked a bit closer to Darius. "If you want a hint," she whispered, "My real last name is Raylin."

Posted

"Raylin..." he whispered back, wary of her own volume. "We knew each other when we were children, didn't we? If this is true, it is great to see you again. If you are the Kira Raylin I'm thinking about, I remember your drawings. They were stunning. Did you ever keep any?"

Posted

Kira blushed a light pink. "Only a couple, mainly the ones I drew of you and the castle," She whispered back, "I'm sorry I left without a word to you, it's just- something came up and I had to leave."

Posted

"Of me and the castle?" Darius was flattered. "Hmm... I will have to see these. And if you do not wish to tell me what happened, that is perfectly fine. In any case, though, we have got to get moving. I would love to see these once we reach Kakariko, though."

Posted

Kira nodded. "I will tell you, but later," She smiled a tiny smile, "And I'll show you those pictures, but you're right, it's time we got going."

Posted

((I've gotta let Corrupt respond to Ulia, so...))

"So... I'm Ulia, nice to meet you." Ulia held out her hand to shake Saka's, smiling.

Posted

When Vincent arrived at Kakariko, he saw that there was a little more progress in the village's own expansion project. The main thing he noticed was that a new shop opened up, being run by a few Zoras who had recently come to the area; and saw that it was about 60% water-themed. However, he didn't spend to much time to take a look at their wares, as he was late enough as it was to return to Smithy's Blacksmithery. He actually could see it from where he was, and from what he could see, Smithy was helping the Gorons try to help build an extention onto the building.

Posted

((@Jo- I am sick, control Saka for a little bit.))

Saka took Ulia's hand and shook it warmly. "Nice to meet you, too. I'd say welcome to the group but it looks like you've already been welcomed in." He said, shifting his eyes towards Darius.

Posted

((Alright man, I hope I don't do anything wrong with him, like something that wouldn't fit him.))

Darius rubbed the back of his neck and shrugged. "We had better get moving," Darius finally suggested. "Come on."

They walked through the village, with Ulia waving at several people. Darius saw the farming, cucco-chasing, fishing, eating, laughing, playing. It looked so peaceful. He would not have minded growing up here.

As the sun began to set, the iron gate to Kakariko, which hung open, lay before the party. Kakariko had expanded in the past generations. It stretched out into Hyrule Field, and was fortified to protect against beasts. It was also built to withstand invasion, but everyone hoped that use would never have to be tested.

At least, everyone except for some nobles didn't. Some nobles would love war. War means conquest, and conquest means expansion. Expansion means more land, and more land means Zelda would have a looser grip on the world. She would need to establish governors to keep the colonies under control. This would lead to more power for the nobles.

"Bastards," Darius thought. He was an upperclassman himself, but he did not believe in such methods. Noblemen, and some upperclassmen, constantly stabbed each other in the back for a higher step up the ladder. It was sickening. Maddening, even.

"We need to check into an inn, first. I am not aware of which part of Kakariko this Smithy is in. Hopefully I can find out," Darius explained.

Kakariko was now split into two halves. There was Old Kakariko, th area of town that lie at the foot of Death Mountain. It was also home to the shaman and spirit spring. New Kakariko, the half that the party was entering from, was the expanded half. It cut out into Hyrule Field, and had very clear Castle Town influence. This could be seen in architecture, and its people. Old Kakariko had none of this influence, although it had Castle Town people living there.

"So this is Kakario..." Ulia mumbled. "I've always wanted to see this town."

"This is New Kakariko, almost like a cut-out from Castle Town. The real Kakariko that you want to see is Old Kakariko. Many consider it the true village, and I agree with them. That is where we will be staying."

"Hey, suits me. I'd love to see the real culture of this place." You could tell when Ulia was excited, and she was definitely getting there.

"A room for four, my lady, if it is available," Darius requested of the woman behind the Old Kakariko Inn counter.

"Of course. We have a few such rooms for either four singles, two couples, or a family available."

"Four singles, please."

"Ok, here is your key, have a very nice stay! Thank you!" she beamed.

"Thank you," he replied with equal enthusiasm.

((Dark Fire, where is Smithy's shop going to be in Kakariko? Just so I know what to say when I ask the lady at the counter for directions.))

Posted

Kira looked around the village, amused by the sights and sounds she saw so far. When she heard that the new part of Kakariko was like upper castle town, she shook her head slightly, sighing. She kept her comments to herself until they reached the inn. She leaned on the wall while Darius got their rooms in order. After he got the key, she decided to speak up. "If New Kakariko is anything like upper Castle Town, I say we avoid it for the most part."

Posted

"It's not really that much like upper castle town, more of a mix between lower and upper. A lot of middle-class citizens can really enjoy themselves by living here," Darius explained. He had to wonder why he should avoid it, though. He grew up in Upper Castle Town, and enjoyed it thoroughly.

"I kinda like that," Ulia shared. "I mean, you won't find any high-strung nobles up in a place like that. Those kind of folks already piss me off and I haven't even met them yet."

"You don't want to," Darius warned. "Best not to introduce yourself to one. I say this because you are unable to beat one without being charged with assault."

Posted

"If you're sure..." Kira trailed off. Her thoughts wandered to when she lived in upper castle town, her eye twitched, bringing her back to reality. She shrugged it off. "I just don't want to get near any nobles, that's all."

At the sound of the word nobles, her hand twitched at the side of her dress.