The Legend of Zelda: Renaissance

474 posts in this topic

Posted

"The feeling is mutual," Darius told her with a smile. He did not favor the nobles, either. He hates them, and knows very well what beasts they truly are. "Personally, it irritates me that we are killing beasts in forests when the real dogs of war lie hidden in plain sight."

"That hate must've come from somewhere, Darius," Ulia pointed out with concern.

"They will do anything to get ahead. I would not put assassinating the beloved Zelda past them."

Posted

"We should rest, you all look weary." Kira's voice quivered, like she had spoken for a very long time, so she kept her mouth shut after that. At that, she jerked her head slightly to the side that the rooms were at, further indicating her point.

Posted

Darius cocked his head to the side, wondering what must have had Kira so down or tired, but he did not want to press on with his curiosity. It was best to just rest for now.

"Yeah," he agreed, "good point. I'm getting some rest. Goodnight."

"Me too," Ulia spoke with tire now appearing in her voice for the very first time.

"Same here," Saka agreed.

Darius removed his weapons from his side and placed them next to his bed. Ulia and Saka did the same thing, and they all got in their beds.

"Can't wait to get some new clothes," Ulia mentioned before she finally tucked in to sleep.

The next morning came, and Darius found himself actually being the first to wake this time.

Well, not the first, Darius thought with disappointment, seeing that Ulia's bed was empty. He did not see her in the room, so he figured that she had gone down to the lobby.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright, thanks!" Ulia thanked excitedly. Her excitement got the better or her, and as a result, she now knew where Smithy was. All she had to do was tell Darius.

((Dark, you're up, bro.))

Posted

((I was going to have it in the old Kakariko... You know, to the right of the path which led to the Kakariko Graveyard.))

Vincent still didn't know why Smithy decided to set up a shop near the Graveyard, but for some reason, he felt connected to in in some strange way. When he rode the stallion close to the shop, which was only next door to his own archery shop and indoor archery target range, Smithy heard him coming. Vincent saw that he didn't change at all; he wore the same white, short sleeved shirt and beige pants, as well as the brown apron which had black patched of coal on it.

"Aye, now isn't it my lad, Vincent..." He spoke, in the same, usually content and sort of deep voice. "Perhaps I should ask you "where have you been?" but I won't... you were probably sidetracked again, weren't you?" He asked, which caused Vincent to begin to scratch the back of his head.

"Ahhh, well... It's a long story, but long story short... I helped establish a trade route between Ordon and/or all of Hyrule with a new race. And as for your pay..." He spoke, reaching for the business wallet and handed it to him. "I was also a bit late with the delivery, so I placed the 90% of the delivery fee in there, and I kept the other ten for myself." He spoke, being honest with his guardian.

"Aww, I see now... Hmmm, well, I'm glad that you didn't jip me of anything. Might as well pay 30% of my own pay to the Gorons for providing me with the metal I needed. Meanwhile, you can entertain the people who came here from Ordon, it seems.. There is an Ordon girl with them, so so they must've been to Ordon..." He spoke, Vincent caught off guard as his guardian went to pay the Gorons, and when he looked to the inn, he saw them there.

Posted

((Great, now I'm behind everybody. Oh well. I have an idea or two about getting Aros into action. I'll send Jo a message.))

Posted

Kira had been restless last night, so she had pretended to sleep in case someone woke up. After Darius woke up, she let out a fake yawn, sat up and stretched. Her arms made resounding little cracks and snaps. "Oww..." Her voice sounded better than last night. Looking at Darius, she nodded. "Good morning..."

Posted

((I'll work on a way to help catch you up bro :) ))

"Hey," Ulia greeted Darius on his way to the lobby. "Guess what? Smithy's by the graveyard."

"That is quite a place for a Smithy."

"I know, right? Anyway, we should go! Come on, get everyone up. Let's get going!"

Earlier, my friends, we mentioned how easy it was to tell when Ulia is excited. Today, we are here to tell you that

when you hear enthusiasm in her sentences, and you see her bouncing on her feet, she is, indeed, excited.

"Come on, come on, come on, come on!"

"A little hyper today, are we?"

"Come on!"

"Uhuh."

"Dariuuuuus..." She drawled, beginning to bounce even more.

"Alright, alright. Come on."

"Yes!!"

"Hey, better to have me gently wake you two than to have her start using you as a trampoline," Darius teased when he woke everyone up. Ulia was still bouncing with excitement. "What are you, a schoolgirl?"

"Let's go let's go let's go let's go let's go!"

"That was quite profound, Ulia. Come on, you guys," Darius teased again, strapping on his equipment and beginning to make his way down to the lobby.

"Hey! Wait up!" Ulia bounced after him."

Posted

Kira got up, her dress was still on under the covers. The dress fell back into place, as it was yesterday. "Do we know where we're going?"

Posted

"Smithy, over by the graveyard," Darius answered. They walked out the front door and began to walk toward the graveyard.

"Vincent!" Ulia yelled, waving and running at her friend. Darius laughed and followed her. "Race you there!"

They stormed down the road to Smithy's shop, kicking up a dust trail behind them.

"Definitely catching some attention today, eh?" Darius shouted. Ulia just laughed.

The race was a tight one, with Darius or Ulia switching the lead like a pendulum.

"You have the advantage in excitement, I will give you that much! But you won't be winning this one!"

"If I'm not winning, Kira's gonna pop outta nowhere and beat us both, 'cause you sure as hell ain't winning!"

They both leapt for the finish!

...And Vincent was tackled by both of them.

Posted

Kira followed at her own pace, getting there just alittle bit later to find a heap of Darius, Vincent and Ulia on the ground. She sighed deeply. "Saved me the trouble of bopping you both on the head."

Posted

Darius and Ulia both got up in hysterics. They couldn't even speak!

"Oh wait... Vincent..." Ulia, surprisingly, broke the laughter.

"Oh crap!" Darius immediately cut it out and reached down to help Vincent up. "I am so sorry!"

And Ulia gave Kira a quick hug. "I don't know why," she explained. "You're my friend, and I'm in a great mood, so why not?"

Ulia looked over at Darius and Vincent. "Umm... Sorry!"

Posted

Vincent watched as the two approached in in a run, and before he had time to get out of there, he was knocked to the ground, his eyes swirled in defeat. "Oro..." He muttered to himself, a word that he used whenever he was in pain, mainly because "Ouch" just didn't seem right. He was on his back, with both Darius and Ulia on top of him, and that caused Smithy's attention to return to him. "Haven fun, my lad...?" the man spoke, which was soon followed by a chuckle. Vincent knew that he was taunting him, but he wasn't in a condition to complain, even if he had the full right to.

"N-not funny... S-Smithy..." Vincent managed, knowing that he can't get up with the two on him. "Ummm, Darius... Ulia... Ummm, w-would you mind... getting off of me...?" He asked, looking at each one when he said their respective name. When they helped him up, Vincent looked at them, a little upset, but quickly relaxed.

"It's fine... Just know Darius, you'll have to pay me half price your fist couple of times to use my archery range if you're ever interested. Ulia is another matter, however, as she'll only pay me an eighth of the origonal price. If you want to know where my archery range is, it's next door, and I offer both indoor and outdoor services for target practice." He spoke, trying to sound serious, only to end up bursting in laughter, knowing that he couldn't do it.

"Okay, now that was a joke. Since you're my friends, I can only offer you up to three free tries in my archery range, and no more besides unless you can hit a large majority of the targets. Come with me if you're interested, if not, that's okay too..." He spoke, before walking over next door to his shop/archery range, unlocking it so it was now open.

"Aye, that's my lad..." Smithy muttered, before going back with his business, entering his Blacksmith and began to forge some new weapons; one in particular which he planned to give Vincent for his upcoming birthday.

Posted

"We are so sorry!" Darius and Ulia apologized in unison, helping Vincent to his feet.

"But it's good to see you again!" Ulia beamed with a hug.

"Nice to see you, man," Darius greeted with a handshake. "Sorry this was, ah, less painful." He scratched the back of his head. "So, anything good in stock? I'm sure Ulia wants to get some kind of armor or something..."

"Ooooooh yes!"

Posted

Vincent looked back to them, but before he could respond, Smithy had one of the windows to his shop open, letting hear the conversation. "Ahh, if it's armor and weapons you're looking for, then you can enter. And also, if she wants, since she is a friend of Vincent's, after all, I could even throw in a traveler's outfit free of charge for her. That doesn't have to mean she has to get rid of what she's wearing right now.. more like she can keep that and wear it whenever she desires to, is all..." Smith explained, While Vincent smiled a tad before walking into the building, getting everything set up once more.

"But that's only if she wants to stick with being a swordsperson; if she wants to be an archer, then she can see either myself or Vincent; we both share the archer section part of my store. I give him my wares, he sells them, and he keeps fifty percent to himself, only unless I'm asking him to deliver metal bows somewhere. Either way, I'll be waiting..." Smithy added to the two, before returning to his work on his adopted son's sword-to-be. He was trying to have the blade take on the shape of a flame, and later, he would ask one of the Goron Elders to enchant it somehow so it would keep it's heat and red-orange color.

Posted

((Just wondering... could I be Zelda? As in, Hyrule's-monarch-Zelda.))

Name: Princess Zelda Diana Harkanian

Race: Hylian

Appearance: Relatively tall and slim build. Purple-blue eyes that give her a fiece yet calm and gentle look. Long straight brown hair, tipped lightly with blond. Pale alabaster skin complextion. Usually seen wearing a royal dress, but when sword training she wears a tunic with leggings.

Weapons: Only uses weapons during sword and bow and arrow training, but when she does use them, she uses a hand and a half sword with a large Amethyst in the hilt to reflect the colour of her eyes. Bow and arrows are her main weapon used.

Personality: Calm, gentle, trustworthy and wise beyond her years. Usually dangerous to cross when met in a fight or political argument, but otherwise a kind and loyal person. She is pure of heart and is often praised for her generosity. She yearns to be away from the royal life, but withstands the desire for Hyrule sake, for she knows that if she backs down from the throne, Hyrule would fall into chaos. She is unlike the other greedy and snobbish nobles and cares more for Hyrule than she does herself.

Home: Hyrule Castle.

Bio: Born and raised in Hyrule Castle as a Princess, Zelda is now running the country on her own at the age of 19. Her Mother passed away when she was a toddler, and her father passed away when she was 16, therefore leaving Zelda to run the country in her early years of Adolescence. As a child, she often skipped her nobility lessons in turn for trips on horse back around Hyrule Field, but as she grew older, her wisdom matured and she learned the responibility needed to be a princess.

((Hope this is okay :/ and I hope that I can be Zelda!! smile.gif ))