The Legend of Zelda: Renaissance

474 posts in this topic

Posted

Kira blushed a deep red when Ulia hugged her and looked down.F-friends? She thought. When she saw the man the two had landed on, her immediate reaction was to clam up. This was someone new, someone she wasn't sure if she could trust, but if Darius and Ulia seemed to trust him, he couldn't be that bad... Right? "H-hello..." She said, nodding at the man in front of her.

Posted

((Just wondering... could I be Zelda? As in, Hyrule's-monarch-Zelda.))

((Hope this is okay :/ and I hope that I can be Zelda!! smile.gif ))

((Of course! I need someone good to be Zelda, anyway. It definitely brings her to life as a character, instead of having her sitting as a figurehead. :D ))

"Vincent, you have sorta met Kira before," Darius explained. "She was there when we were in the Deku Kingdom. Anyway, here she is!" Darius introduced happily, gesturing towards her with his hands.

"This is amazing!" Ulia beamed, looking at the traveler's outfit. It was like something out of an adventurer's dream. It was a sleeveless blue jacket with many pockets. With it were steel elbow-pads and knee-pads, including gloves that had metal on them for protection. Ulia unwrapped the more decorative cloths that covered the waist of her Ordonian capris and slipped on the jacket. It was an amazing fit! Perfect! She looked through the pockets to find a slip-on mask for cold environments, including sleeves that she could put on and take off.

"This is unreal," she complimented. Hell, it even matched the common orangish-brown of Ordonian trousers. "Can I only get this if I don't want to get anything for archery?"

Posted

((Wow, that fever passed remarkably quick.))

First, a yawn, followed by some tossing and turning. Then, "Ah, that was a good rest." He calmly got out of bed, and preformed his daily ritual, and then went to check on his friends. "Okay," He mused to himself, "they aren't here, so where they've gotten to must be... Ah. The smithy." He headed out of the inn, bid the innkeeper good-day, before heading out to look for the smithy.

Following the trail of dust and footprints left behind by the earlier race, he soon found his way to the smithy. He walked in onto the rest of the party.

Posted

((Awesome timing!))

"Saka!" Darius waved. "You must have gone back to sleep or something. Pretty impressive, considering the excited Ulia I was threatening to hound on you and Kira if you two did not get up." He laughed and patted Saka on the shoulder. "We're checking this place out. You remember Vincent," Darius said, pointing Vincent out, "this is the Smithy he mentioned. If there is any armor you might want, or even weapons, now is the time."

"I mean, I hope it's still gettable if I try a bit of archery, 'cause this thing is so awesome! I love it so much! Please please please please please please please please!!" Ulia's excited begging echoed from inside the shop.

"She is a bit excitable," Darius whispered to Smithy when he walked in.

"I heard that!" She retorted. "But it's true!" She also hugged Darius.

"Well, you are happy today!"

"Oh yes! How can't I be happy with this awesome jacket right here, so amazing and fitting and beautiful and just... Yes!!"

Darius smiled. He loved seeing his new friend like this, so happy and vibrant. It was refreshing after being held in that Deku room for awhile, then having to go through peace talks. He was glad to have her along.

She would probably be the heart of any party, Darius thought.

Posted

Kira walked around, scanning each piece of everything, her hand thumbing her own sword in her pocket. In some part of her mind, each and every object was being stored for some sort of use later. Then, a thought was brought forth. She walked over to Smithy. "Are you familiar with any Sheikah related weaponry?"

Posted

Pulling his knives from their hiding spot and giving them a twirl, he said, "Nah, my twins here and their older brother will do quite nicely." Looking upon Ulia's newfound lovely jacket, however... "Although I think perhaps it is time for something other than an innservant's garb."

Posted

Darius laughed, "Hey man, whatever works for you. Personally, I am planning on picking up a black vest when we stop by Castle Town to get our pay. It was always a favorite of mine, I am unsure why I did not take it with me in the first place. But everything is on the house right here, I can cover your expenses. Just letting you all know."

"Awesooome!" Ulia sang in response.

Posted

Saka set off to look through the store for any outfits that caught his eye, and more importantly, were adapted for a zora. After much searching he finally found one, with holes for his fins and tail, masterfully created. It even had the symbol of the zoras on it. "Hmm. Almost matches my scales, even. Flexible, but looks like it should stop what weaponry my scales cannot. Thank goodness it doesn't weigh much though, It would be slightly difficult to use a knife if I was encumbered."

As he walked to the Smith to pay, he thought, "I really ought to tell Darius that he needs to stop paying for us all the time or we'll get spoiled. Sure is convinent though."

Posted

The carriage pulled up in front of the Smithy, dust settled behind them and the guards fell off the load and unraveled the rope fastening the stock. John watched out the window at the pedestrians, nosy as they watched him push open the carriage door and lean out to look down the narrow streets. Seeing the coast was clear, he extended his foot, lowering it to the dusty earth, his polished toes caught by the dirt, soiled. He watched his surroundings for a moment, narrow eyed. It was a heavy contrast from the great cities of abroad and he felt rather embarrassed for himself and the residents to even class this place as more than a mere village. Already his trousers gathered dust, the longer he stayed the closer he became to turning into them.

He crossed his arms, clinging to his elbows and rounded the carriage past the guards as they unloaded the back, hauling crates onto a trolley before wheeling them around the back of the smithy. They didn't so much as glance at John as he shifted between the two of them on his way to the door of the Smithy.

The door was open and conversation bubbled within. Adventurers. Pests and vermin, he'd met enough of them to establish this. They fought him and his prices, dumb from freewill, flaunting of laws coupled with glory for their deeds had them falsely convinced they were right. They don't understand the world, however. This is how things are, and soon how things are would be rid of them, they would be seen as bandits when the authorities finally wised up to them.

Falling into the light ray that fell across the floor into the shop, he cast a shadow that brought to attention the children. They looked high on something, and it was probably life. It was as if they'd never seen a businessman before. Or maybe they didn't know clothes this fine could be crafted. Looking at their scruffy appearances, he guessed they hadn't.

"Smithy, I have the materials you ordered from overseas. I've had them brought to the back for you, as always. I'll be the remainder of your pay, of course." John spoke, to the point as always, which Smithy himself had always detested. Not the slightest personality in the pale faced robber. But how else would he get his stock if he didn't trade with the likes of John? He longed for the saw when he could finally find a trader who saw him more than just another customer.

"Of course, Mr. Alsetty." Smithy answered through the silence. "I have it right here, under my desk as always." John looked to Smithy's hand, the envelope was there and it seemed the proper size. He looked back to Smithy's face for a glance. John scanned again the adventurers before pushing his way around them to the counter and lifting the envelope as Smithy dropped it on the counter. Slipping it into his inner pocket, Smithy asked, in one poor attempt to bring up the mood "Everything went well with your journey I suppose? Nothing untoward?"

John looked Smithy up and down, as if humoured. "Nothing, no. Just the usual. Adventurers, you know. Playing the freedom fighters, defenders of justice as they always do." He held his place for a moment and looked over to the adventurers. He pulled away from the counter and walked for the door.

((You can say something to him or just let him leave.

Here's hoping I'm accurate with descriptions of places, etc.))

Posted

((I think you did very well. I like the way you described it all, with John's very own personal input intertwined with it. Very nice, very lively.))

"Excuse me?" Ulia retorted, overhearing John's remark about adventurers. She had set down the jacket and clenched her fists.

"Simmer down, Ulia," Darius commanded, trying to keep things under control. "But you do have a point. Why do you make this generalization? I never claimed to be a freedom fighter. None of us did. I never even said anything about justice. We are all people, even if some of us are a bit extreme. Ulia may be hot-headed sometimes, but she is a real sweetie when you get to know her. Kira is also a very nice person once you get to know her, and Saka is a good guy with a job. Kind of like how you have a job. Open your mind, signore. A man of your wealth should be able to see this kind of reason."

Posted

John listened to the boy drawl on for a little longer. He had good points, but none of them were right. "...this kind of reason."

John watched the boy a second. "Are you about done?" John asked, falling against the door frame, crossing his arms. The boy stood his ground. Nothing special, this attitude resonated through all adventurers. "I generalised. So what, a man in my profession wouldn't have survived as long as me if he'd given every rouge and bandit their say. I'd be dead several times over if I hadn't generalised." He pushed himself away from the doorway and back into the shop, and strolled a little towards the boy. "And you say a man of my wealth? Wisdom comes not from how much money you earn but how you earn it. A fool who placed the right bet at the betting shop is still a fool." John gave a look around the other adventurers. The girl was red faced and furious, it was pathetic really. Words never did anybody any harm, why would anybody get themselves so upset. "Ulia you say. I remember hearing talk of you in Ordon when I went there for trade once. The folk down there know nothing of prices and haggling. Doesn't make it easy for me to take any of you seriously given that." John looked away from the girl, a scandalised look on her flushed face. "And thank you for your little speech. It's nice to know of your diversity as people, but your life choice tells me all I need to know to judge you. Take a thief for example. Would you sit him down, get to know him and invite him in for tea just to see if he's the kind of guy who would steal from you or not? No. Of course you wouldn't. He's a thief and thieves steal. You are adventurers and I know full well what you are and what you stand for. I can generalise all I want."

John spun on his heel and walked for the door again, grabbing the frame and peering back over his shoulder again at the group. "Just a word before I part. Don't think your uniqueness as people earns you special treatment. Because you are unique, just like everybody else."

With that, he left the shop and boarded again his carriage. The driver asked what held him so long, to which he was replied only with an order to drive, back toward Castletown.

Posted

Darius was not too ignorant to see the man's reason.

Ulia is, though, he thought to himself. He didn't like to think that kind of thing about his friend, but it was true. She was raised on hard work and pure morals, not coin, politics and reason.

"I'm gonna laugh if we have to save his ass one day," Ulia huffed, leaning back against the counter.

"Hey, hey, cool down," Darius calmed. "You will not laugh, Ulia. You will save him, because that is who you are. That is who I am, and that is who we are. We aren't bandits, we aren't thugs. We did not commit genocide in the Deku Kingdom, we reasoned with them. Remember? This man has very strong, valid points. However, he can be reasoned with. Any truly sane man can, or at least most of them."

"You don't really believe that."

"I do."

"Hmm... Let's just get our stuff and go." She muttered, grabbing her jacket and slipping it on, and beginning to look for some boots.

"Okay," Darius didn't like the way she just took charge over him, but he wanted to allow her some calm. "But you need to learn to keep your temper in check."

"I agree."

Darius looked around at the longswords and shortblades. He picked ones that were not much more stylish than the ones that he had now, but were of better quality steel and forgery.

Ulia had picked out leather boots that had strips of metal to offer further protection.

Posted

((I'm not sure if you read my posts or not... But Vincent is currently nextdoor to Smithy's shop right now in his target range/archery accessory shop. Just so you're clear with that... That's on ething I kind of dislike, sorry to say, to have people think that my character is somewhere else than where I put them...))

As Vincent went around to get everything together, he was beginning to set up a harder test, seeing that most of the citizens of the area were becoming familiar to how his old one worked. Sure, most of the Gorons joke about how idiotic archery is because their tough enough physically, and don't need much for armor or weapons. But since he left, he saw that the stock in his prizes for winner have increased, which he knew that Smithy wanted him to stay in business with this attraction. It was technically a shared attraction, with a fair split of fifty percent of the attraction to the two of them.

--------------------------------------

Smithy watched as another, female, Hylian entered the store, and was a little surprised when she asked him if he had any weapons related to the Sheikah. "Aye... I do, lassie... But not very many ask to look at them, so I keep them in the back with the rest of my stock. And if it hadn't been for that feller who came in here not too long ago, I would've been out of business. So basically, he provides me with materials from across the seas, while I pay him a fraction of the payout from the weapons to get the newer materials." He spoke, and before he could signal the girl to come over, he wondered if he could trust these travelers.

"Perhaps I can show you one of my work in progresses to the bunch of you? It's for Vincent for his upcoming birthday... Ever since I gave him that bow he has, that's all he ever uses, putting that sword I gave him at a major waste. So I've been thinking... That if you're able to take Vincent with you until I send word to him to return here, then I wouldn't have to worry about him coming here to ruin the surprise and all..." He spoke, stepping out of the way to give them a view of the sword he was making for Vincent.

It was a single-edged, saber-like weapon which the blade took on the shape of flames. However, the only problem was that, in the way it was now, it looked rather plain, which isn't what Smithy intends to leave it as. "I'm still missing some materials to have it enchanted and whatnot; the main thing I will need, but will be a serious pain to get, is on of the enchanted rubies which the Gorons hold onto for their ceremonies. It is said that their rubies are able to enchant any metal that comes in contact with them, and if it's in a weapon, it's supposed to radiate the same kind of heat as that of the magma that's deep inside Death Mountain... I would ask Vincent to head up and ask the Goron Leaders if they could give me at least two, but that would mean exposing this to him. It would make a valuable weapon for Vincent, now wouldn't you think, and surely it would be a great replacement sword instead of the broadsword he had now?" He spoke, knowing that having a fire-enchanted sword was better than a regular, double-edged sword.

Posted

((I read your post, yeah, but I figured you were at Smithy's shop, and that you were clarifying that your practice area was next to it(/facepalm). I guess you can slap me now -.- . I'm really sorry about that.))

Posted

((I'm not sure if you read my posts or not... But Vincent is currently nextdoor to Smithy's shop right now in his target range/archery accessory shop. Just so you're clear with that... That's on ething I kind of dislike, sorry to say, to have people think that my character is somewhere else than where I put them...))

((So he didn't meet my character? Woo I'll keep that in mind))