Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Unearthed

3 posts in this topic

Posted

By the year 2015 worldwide oil reserves have dwindled to 25%. With the world in danger of spirling out of countrol, places once deemed protected have been opened to drilling. I was 18 when it happened, against my parents wishes I decided to forgo College and jumped right into the working world. CanOil, the largest Oil producer in North America was mass hiring people to work the Athabasca Oil Sands in Alberta where a new massive deposit of Bitumen had been discovered. Looking back at it now, we shoulda just left well enough alone!

Day One:

I grew up in New York City, a dense Metropolis filled with buildings that reached high into the sky, the only wildreness I ever saw was in Central Park. Needles to say I was unprepared for the clear skies and wise open space of Alberta, I had no idea that places like Fort McMurray even existed. "Jake Price" I heard my name being called as I stepped off the bus. "That's me." I shouted to a heavy set guy wearing overalls stained with black spots, he motioned for me to follow. "Well you're a tall drink aren't ya?" he asked. "I guess." he said mildly confused. "You're tall son, that's all I mean." "Names Carl, but everyone calls me Moose don't ask me why I don't know." Carl said snorting loudly. "It's really beautiful here." Jake said "Yeah I suppose it is, so they tell you what's going on?" Carl asked. "Not really, is it bad?" Jake asked. "No it's just that lately folks round here have been getting sick, some flu going round is all." Jake rubbed his still sore arm. "So that explains the shot I got before the bus." he said. "Yeah they made us all get em after the first guys got sick, it's been about a week now." Carl ushered jake to his truck, a large Ford Superduty dark blue with CanOil plastered across the doors and hood. "Company car." Carl said. "Are you sure?" Jake asked. "Ahh humor, that a good thing to have especially here."

Carl switched off the radio and turned to jake. "So what do you know about our little piece of heaven here Jake?" Jake shook his head. "Not much I'm afraid." he said. "Well you see these oil sands are full to the brim with Bitumen now that's not yer average crude, this stuffs heavy real heavy it's made up of clay, sand and water wasn't til a few years ago that the technology was developed that we could easily get at it." Carl pointed to a large open area bustling with activity. "Well there she is, you ready to meet the rest of the crew?" Jake gulped hard wondering what exactly he had gotten himself into."

Posted

its called hydrogen powered cars

Posted

its called hydrogen powered cars

Feasible technology for Hydrogen Fuel Cell cars are decades away, in the here and now Oil is still needed.