Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Another Newb

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello, I'm new. I literally have no knowledge of this website or any of its forums and I'm so nervous something will go wrong (like last time...) T_T.gif As a Zelda fan though, I figured I would join up and take a risk. I didn't have a good experience with the last forum I was on, so please welcome me and help me out in any way possible. I'm hoping to make some good friends on here too so please feel free to intorduce yourselves and tell me about yourselves too glomp.gif That's all I guess...nervouslink[1].png Look foward to being here biggrin-old.gif

Posted

welcome little girl prepare to get smooshed with love bacause on this forum we make EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!!

T_T.gif IT'S SO BEUTIFUL

Posted

Welcome. I'm Young Link Addict.

Wow how many people have we got recently? It's so great.

Posted

Welcome to hyrule.net! we hope you stay and become active and all that!

Posted

Thanks everyone. I think I've seen some of you people when I was looking through posts. I definatly recognize Young Link Addict. Nice to meet you all hello.gif I hope to become an active member, but I'm unsure of somethings and, to be perfectly honest, I'm a little nervous sweat.gif Could anyone tell me what the deal is with rupees? I'm not too sure what those are used for. Also I was wondering about clans and stuff. What are they and how do I join? I saw that there was a fanfiction section and I got excited because I love to write. I want to post this Zelda story I wrote for my English class (I'm home schooled btw) but i was unsure if it fit the standards. It's about Link's first dungeon, but I put some personal twists in there along with actual quotes from the game. Would I be able to post that? And I did post a story called "Kinfe to a Dragon's Heart" if any of y'all would be kind enough to read it and comment, I'd greatly appreciate it. Gods I'm nervous about joining a forum T_T.gif If you guys want details about me, I'll do my best. But please keep up with the introductions of yourselves. Young Link Addict, you seem to know your way about this site, any tips for a newbie? If anyone else can help me that's be great too.

Posted

Well for one basically rupees are used for nothing unless you want to request something from a sig/avatar shop.

I really don't have much advice. Just basically don't spam, ya know, and you'll be fine.

Also I suck at giving advice. xD

Posted

what the deal is with rupees? I'm not too sure what those are used for.

Also I was wondering about clans and stuff. What are they and how do I join?

I saw that there was a fanfiction section and I got excited because I love to write. I want to post this Zelda story I wrote for my English class (I'm home schooled btw) but i was unsure if it fit the standards.

Rupees have little use at the moment until the arcade is running again, if it ever does get repaired.

Clans, you PM Young Link Addict if you want to be a member of Power, PM Adr990 if you want to be a member of Courage or PM me if you want to be a member of Wisdom.

Post anything you have, standards don't matter.

Just post around as feels natural to you. We'll give you a nudge in the right direction if we see you making mistakes. And don't feel called out if we do, it's all part of joining a forum. And I'm sure you wont do as badly as I did, so don't worry. With experience, everything will level out and you'll feel more like you belong.

Posted

Thanks Slives and Young Link Addict, you two sound real nice biggrin-old.gif But...um...how do I pm and what is spam? I read about it in the terms of agreement but I didn't really get it. Embarrassing, I knownervouslink[1].png The Wisdom clan interests me, but what exactly are they and what are they about? Or, do I have to PM the people to learn about it?

Oh, and I forgot to ask about Karma and pages. The status thingies underneath my avatar sweat.gif

Posted

Hello! Welcome to Hyrule.net! Hope you enjoy your time here, which is hopefully for a long time! C:

To PM somebody, just go into their profile by clicking their avatar, and then type your message in the little white box, and post it. It's simple and you'll get used to it c:

Posted

Spam stands for stupid pointless annoying post. I think.

Posted

You can also send a pm to someone by clicking the letter under people's avater picture it's more private since other people can't see your message.Pages are useless as you would need rupees to buy items to trade, and items are all gone last time I checked. Karma is pointless.

Posted

Friendly warning, your sig is breaking the rules because it is too big. I'd recommend limiting it to one pic and some text, or two pics.

Otherwise, hello and welcome!

Posted

Ah, I see. I shall edit my sig, thanks Lionheart! Really, anyone tell me if I'm doing something wrong by kindly telling me because otherwise I may not know and do it, just like such. Ok, I understand PM and spam (thanks guys n_n.gif ) Now a new question comes to mind: what is this about trading items and such?

Posted

Basically it's where you get items and trade them for items you want. Currently there are no items to buy though. All we have are glass, sticks, and bottles. Some how I got fethers.

Posted

What are items' purpose? Oh, is this a more suitable size for my signature?