Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Knife to a Dragon's Heart

1 post in this topic

Posted

I apologize for the length of this tale and must make some acknowledgements. I took the creature, hobbits, the place of the Shire, and the characters Smaug and Sauroman are taken from the books written by JRR Tolkien "The Hobbit" and the trilogy "Lord of the Rings". I must admit that the children of the gods and their camp are not my idea but rather my friend told me of them and I do believe they are from the books Percy Jackson and the Olympions. Also the gossip stones are taken from Legend of Zelda saga. I do apologize if anything is mispelled, there are grammar errors, or if I failed to notify that I took somthings from other places. Feel free to tell me if I didn't give credit for anything. I'm also sorry that the organization isn't that great either. As well as about half of the characters mentioned are all from a dear friend of mine who knows who she is. Thank you for putting your charcter into me and my daemon's life! To which we dedicate this story to: Allison, Zar, Basalt, Yisult, Callic, William, Fida, Violet, and Sammy. We love you all!! Now for the actual story:

"What are you planning?" I asked my best friend Aliki. She looked up from the table that had all of her plans laid out.

"Oh, um, there's going to be a birthday party for these two twins later on today and I was asked to help out."

"Is it like the party that happened the other week?"

"Oh, no. The whole Shire isn't attending, but a good part of it is. The two girls are finally becoming of tween age."

"You seem to have made quite a name for yourself even though you didn't want one," I laughed. She ran her fingers through her hair.

"Yeah well, I can't let 'em down."

"So what are you going to be doing?"

"Well, I am suppose to be the entertainment."

"Wow, that's a lot to do."

"I know! I'm gonna have to sing, do fire tricks, magic tricks..." she trailed off thinking of all she'd have her hands full with.

"What are you going to wear?"

"Here I'll show you," she walked me over to her wardrobe in her room and pulled out a white chamisole with a periwinkle dress atop it. "It is a birthday party after all and I need to wear bright colors," she noted after my comment on it being too bright.

Come a few hours later, I looked to see what she was doing. "No, the wine barrles go over there," she told the poor hobbit carrying them. She seemed busy, so I left her alone for a while. When the sun set and it was high passed twilight, the guests began arriving. People danced and Aliki showed the hobbit boys and girls how she could manipulate the fire. It wasn't too long before people began begging her to sing. Her voice was like a bell; it was very beautiful. She went up onto the platform and began singing classic songs that all the hobbits knew and loved. All of the listening ears were accompanied by locked eyes on the person from which the enchanting voice was coming from. She wouldn't tell anyone, but she could see in the corner a group of hobbit boys nearly drooling over her looks. She couldn't stand it when people did that. But not many can help it. She was an elf, a gorgeous one at that. Her long brunette hair fell mid back and her mysterious green eyes told the world that there was more to her than anyone could guess. Soft rose lips housed the voice from which so many people stood still to hear now. When she had finished her song, she was just about to go off when the crowd wanted more.

"What else do you want?" she asked them.

A man she recongized from a pub, The Green Dragon, stood up and said," Why don't you tell us the tale you told us at the pub?" Many people murmered in agreement. Aliki couldn't believe it. The story she had just lived was now being demanded to be told once more. Her mouth was frozen in an "O" and she couldn't think of what to say to that.

"Yeah Aliki why don't you tell them?" I piped out. Her gaze fell on me and she smiled, oh that smile could make even the most depressed person become happy. She obviously didn't know I was sitting in the crowd amoungst the small hobbits. She couldn't deny that I was right.

"Ok," she said. "I'll tell ya, but bear in mind, 'tis a long tale and not for the light hearted." She took a deep sigh and tried to find the right place to start. When she did, her face was that of excitment, and lost in some old dream. "As you all should know by now, I have a family. A husband, step son, a sister-in-law, and some close friends that I consider family as well. So, they aren't any ordinary group. They are children of the gods." She paused grinning knowing the affect it would have on the hobbits. Children who were paying no mind to the adult story stopped and stared.

"That ain't possible," cried a hobbit.

"Yeah!" another said.

"Why don't ya believe me?" she said putting her hands on her hips. "I can bring 'em up here anytime I wish, just you wait. Why you have met them!" The hobbits whispered back and forth to eachother. "Just the other day when y'all had y'all festivities they were here. The stote that did tricks with me was one. The girl I was playing violin with and the man playing the chello were two more. The children they had with them, too. Also the elegant lady who conversed amoung you. That's more than half of them right there. Anyways, all of the children who have a mortal parent and a god for a parent all live in this special camp. All these monsters try to break into their camp, but can't because there is magic afoot. There lies a golden fleece of a ram that keeps the camp's borders in tact. However, one day a traitor stole this fleece and made off with it. Everyone was busy fighting off the monsters that had broken in. When I had caught word of this, I wondered, who was going after the theif? So I volunteered myself to go after her."

"HER?!" cried a voice.

"Her, yes, the theif was a she. So I had two people accompany me. My husband and the daughter of two of my friends. To each we all had elven cloaks and to the two I gave them mithril." The crowds small eyes widened at this. Those were two precious items gifted only to elves. But then again, she herself was one wasn't she? "We made of for a strange city known as New York on the back of a dragon who was a dear friend to us all. The dragon was able to transform into a human anytime she pleased. Once we reached the shores of the beach in New York, the dragon was tired which was odd because carrying two people wasn't that hard." She hoped no one would notice that she said two instead of three, and indeed no one did. "The dragon became a girl and was ill. She coudn't stand, she couldn't see, had the most painful pains in her stomach. No one knew what was wrong. Then Fida, the daughter of my two frinds, got into contact with my sister-in-law and told her that she suspected a traitor amoung the people in camp. Sure enough the witch was caught and the girl was troubled no more." Here I scowled. I wasn't on good terms with how Aliki used the word witch and she knew it. But how else was she to explain the story to the hobbits without revealing all the precious secrets that could make them turn on her in an instant. "I had a premonition, for I have the gift of fore sight, that the theif left a clue for us in some area now to people of this region as Texas. A vast and proud region it is. However, Fida saw it that the theif was in another region called New Mexico. She wouldn't listen to my advice of going to Texas. Instead she had us sit on her enormous dog, about this high and this wide," Aliki made measurments with her hands and the hobbits gasped at the size. "and he sent us to New Mexico in the blink of an eye, but in the most queer way."

"What was it?" a hobbit asked.

"That would by far boggle your minds beyond belief." She was right. How were these simple people to understand that the dog could travel from shadow to shadow any place in the world? I digress though. "Here Fida conversed with a good friend of hers. I had spent the time by discussing my plans with my husband, Callic. I thought it good to tell Fida. When she came back, I told her. She thought them folly! I didn't know how to respond, but I was certainly not in a calm mood. This was however MY quest. I left the campsite that we had set up when Fida was conversing. Callic follwed me to calm me down, and might I say he was quite good at doing so. No one understood me better, but I shall refrain from that topic. The two of us headed for Texas as Fida stayed and went onto her own branch of this quest. Many a tiresome hours we traveled. We finally reached the lodging of which the theif had just vacated. There we discovered that the theif was a ninnyhammer!" The hobbits all laughed at this. I wasn't quite too sure of how this was as funny as they made it, but then again Aliki knew more of the ways of hobbits than I ever could know. "She had left behind a map of where her followers' camps were. We traveled to the nearest one. It wasn't easy to watch the camp without being seen, though we managed to do so for quite some time. Then we were spotted. They had sent a horrible monster after us. It had the head of a bull and the body of a man." The hobbits gasped and recoiled at the thought that something so horrible could live. "It chased us for a good half of an hour until we withdrew from its site and it ran past us. We had to rest and catch our breath for quite some time dispite the fact that we wanted to leave as soon as possible. It's at moments like that when the thought of the comfort of home and the warmth of a hearth comes rushing back. Tempting they are indeed. I had another premontion there: the beast was coming back for us. I grabbed my husband's hand and ran as fast as I could. We were a good bit ahead of the monster, until I fell and tripped upon something. I had a nasty cut above my knee and couldn't continue running fast enough to be kept out of the grasp of the beast. It wasn't a moment that passed without hesitation when Callic picked me up and ran faster than I knew possible. The beast wasn't too far behind us. Feeling fairly useless, I had nothing better to do than to pull out my knife and hurdle it at the monster's neck killing him. Sure of rest finally upon us, he lay me down and sat to rest himself. It was a good bit we got to recover. My wound wasn't anything serious, it healed soon enough but I wouldn't help it by running about. It was wrapped up and a much needed break came to us. Until suddenly, an imp-like creature came from the top of the trees. He was easily killed with one stroke of the blade Callic held but more came and I couldn't stand and move around agile enough for battle. Callic did what he could with the sword I had given him before we left and I pulled out my matching sword a dear frined of mine gave to me before I left." Aliki smiled at me because I gave her the two blades. "Anytime one of the creatures came close enough, I hit them with my razor sharp sword that I named 'Sgiathatch Naur'." She didn't bother with the translation because that would've been a story in itself. Giving out elvish translations aren't that easy but in short, it means 'Dragon Fire'. "Soon enough, I grew tired of lying around swinging a sword. I pulled out my bow and began shooting at the ill things. That day ended with no more events of the manner. The next day however had its fill for me as it would appear soon enough. We were walking the whole day not bothering to go back to the camp. We would try to go to another location. It caught to my ear that my companion Fida was missing. I was horrified. I sat where I was and focused all of my energy into locating Fida. Once I did, her father, William, sent me to the location with the same magic that Fida's dog used. I was at the edge of a river that was violently moving. I used the information Fida's mother, Yisult, had seen in a dream. She saw Fida struggling in the river before she went under. It wasn't too long before I saw such events. I jumped into the water to retrieve her. The water was wild and hard to overcome but I had gotten ahold of Fida. I couldn't get to the surface. I tried and I tried, until I felt a sudden jolt of energy that enpowered me to push through the water and to go onto the dry land. Fida was fine, she was responsive, but something was wrong. She tried to tell me, but all she could mutter was 'How can you see me. I'm...I'm...' and I understood that she was dead and I was holding Fida's spirit." You could see the pain from the memory in Aliki's eyes. Some of the female hobbits had begun to cry. Aliki took in a deep breath before going on. "She was searching for her body. I promised to help her and I called to my sister-in-law, Basalt, by means of a special stone from a far away land. It allowed me to speak to whomever had the other stone. These are called gossip stones. I told her to come along with Yisult and William. Fida and I searched until her parents and Basalt came. Fida hid, and I explained what happened to Fida. Yisult, Basalt, and I went into the area upon which I believed Fida's body was. We were going to reconnect her body and spirit. We came into a grove with a shrine to Fida. There lay her grave and we dug it up and we found her broken little body. It was bruised and broken, but nothing that couldn't be mended. I carried it back to were Fida and William were waiting but only to find that Fida wasn't there. WIlliam told me that she tried to follow us and suddenly disappeared. She was cursed as to whenever she tried to find her body she would relive her death which was happening before us now. I sensed an evil presence coming and William went off to deal with it, but asked me to watch his daughter's death and to tell him how it happened. With a heavy heart I did so. Fida struggled in the rapid water, but managed to get to land. There a dark figure came up behind her and roughly yanked her hair," Aliki made the motion of how it happened. "Next thing that happened was the figure whispered something to her and she died. Her spirit got up and came sit beside me as if everything was fine. I put her back into the body with a donation of life force from her mother. Everyone was fine now...except me. I was tired beyond comprehension. Everyone set up a camp and I lied down thinking I would catch a bit of sleep. I did but couldn't wake up. I only remember happiness, and then a sad song of death playing and horror and darkness. The next thing I knew I woke up and it was dark. Everyone was there, even Callic who had somehow woken me up from whatever form of acursed sleep I was in. I didn't know how what I had seen would fore tell a horrible fate." She cclosed her eyes and took in a deep breath before continuing. "I had lost a good bit of energy, a dangerous amount at that. Basalt patched me up and I went to go tell William how his daughter had died. Fida listened as well. The night passed with the fact that well all needed a good rest. The next morning, Fida decided to join us again and to obey. We set out to find her dog who had disappeared after her death. He was with her uncle who had set up the shrine for her. We sat and told him about the events, then set off for the camp Callic and I were originally going to before Fida had died. We had better luck with this one. I have this strange ability to seperate my spirit from my body and put my spirit into another body. I did so with a camper. I traveled around the camp getting very little information and many a queer glances. Soon they found out that I was possessing the fellow. They dragged me off to were they executed their enemies. What awaited me was a creature too foul to describe that it is impossible. I broke free of their grasps and ran off terrified of what I had seen. Not too long from my escape had someone fallen upon me and hauled me off. I was in fear that the campers had caught up wit hme, but to my joy it was Callic who had saved me. We went back to were my body and Fida were waiting. I immediatly went back into my body. The next part is triffle and needn't be said."

"Why not?" asked a hobbit. Curious creatures they were.

"It is insignificant and should only waste the time of night. All but a lost trinket found and then rewarded with soon enough. The next day we tried a new way to enter the camp. I was to hide on Fido's, Fida's dog, back with a cover and the other two would sneak in. We all managed it but I still don't understand how."

"How were you not caught? I mean even a dog of that size with a lump on its back it a bit paculiar," added a hobbit.

"Quite but you forget that magic is on our side in this quest, remember such things. Fida snuck on into an area with which had vital information, possibly the theif. We waited until Fido could provide us with a distraction for us to slip on in. A battle ensured there, but not the information we sought. The two went on looking as I waited with Fido at our randevous. It wasn't before long I felt as if something was amiss. As a spirit I went on and found a door with which held them behind it. Alas! the area had some sort of block that kept out spirits. I rushed back into my body and went on into the door after many a slayings. There the two fought and I joined them. We won and ran through more doors and rooms hoping to catch the theif. We didn't and went back to our camp. We rested a good few hours. I sensed something coming and out of the forest came a man with a sword. Fido had him stuck on the ground and he told us that he was running from a drakon, the ancestors to dragons and they are even bigger and meaner. It wasn't hard to get ahold of our dragon friend to go a fight him off. Dragons all have one and only one weakness, each varring from dragon to dragon. This drakon's was his pride and the dragon attacked him fiercly. He did put up a good match for her. Her weakness was...well it was known to him." Aliki was wise, she didn't reveal the dragon's weakness for fear that someone may use it against her later. "He attacked hard and physical damage was taken. She ripped off the whiskers he had and smashed out the teeth he loved so much. She ripped off his scales and smashed his brains into a cliff and with that, he died. This was the dragon's first ever dragon fight and yet she came out victorious to everyone's surprise. It wasn't long before she involuntarily became a girl and fainted with fatigue. She awoke in an inn unable to move from the healing spell Callic had done upon her. The man who had first interupted our rest the night before was with them as captive. It was many hours of resting the remainder of the day. We had learned that the theif was now after a jar from which it is said that all emotions came from and all that remains in the jar is hope. If that was let out, all hope would be lost from the world." The hobbits gasped at this wondering whether or not it happened and if it affected them. " So Yisult and William came to us and we planned that they would go after the fleece and we would protect the jar. We went to where the gods reside to inform the goddess who protected it. It was before we left that I had yet another vision. A vision of pain and suffering that was about to happen. We informed the goddess and left her residence and with that the girl was taken. She fell into the ground and into the world of darkness. There waiting was a man with the same physic as the one who killed Fida and he had golden eyes. He was the drakon who had come back to life. The only way to kill him was if he died the way the wise ones saw it. A child of the goddess of wisdom with the blessing from the god of war was to kill him. The drakon messed with her weakness. He told her things that distraught her. It broke her down and she couldn't do a thing about it if the prophecy was to be lived. It wasn't too long before the drakon started using his knife on her. It stung like the fires of Moria and of Mount Doom and much, much more." The hobbit couldn't imagine that sort of suffering, but they knew it was immense. "And that was what just a small cut felt like." Her eyes once more told whoever noticed that she knew far more about it than just some story teller. They revealed how well she had known the pain. Aliki felt a small pang in her heart, but went on. "He cut her, he beat her, and then finally he stabbed her in the heart." The hobbits cried out and some of the females were sobbing. "She knew nothing else after that except a blinding white light." Aliki ended with that.

"That's it?" a hobbit asked after some time.

"That's it," Aliki responded.

"What happened to the dragon girl? Did she live?"

"She may be standing before you yet today, or she may be walking amoungst the past kings of this world."

"Why did the knife hurt so much?" a hobbit boy asked.

"Because in the blade was a piece of a scythe that a god used to overthrow his father and gain control of the heavens. It is a cursed balde and fragments of it still lived on and one was in that knife."

"What was the light?" another asked, a young hobbit girl.

"She didn't know," Aliki looked down. "She honestly didn't know."

"Now wait a minute," a hobbit said standing. He had seen many years and that was clear on his face. "How do you know all of this? Were you with the girl or is there something else afoot?" Aliki's mysterious eyes were there again with a grin that would make even Sauroman think twice about questioning her.

"As I said," she said slyly. "Maybe." With that she walked off and the crowd was left a buzzing. Gossip already began spreading. I walked over to her smiling.

"I think it's awesome the way you told the story without telling them everything. I mean if it were me, I probably would have told them."

"Well how can you tell these people that you are a dragon and was the dragon girl without them getting frightened. They think Smaug was the last one and it must remain that way. I can't let them now that it was me who got stabbed." She left and went to go entertain the young ones. This is not actually known, but it is thought that when she was bending down to reach somthing, a hobbit saw the scar on her chest left by the blade that stabbed her.

As for any who are curious, it was Callic who saved her. He is indeed the child of the goddess of wisdom and so his his twin sister, Basalt. He had recieved a weapon from a child of the god of war which was the blessing. He had rushed down to where Aliki was taken, because Aliki warned them all of what was going to happen and how she was going to accept it. He traveled through the world of darkness, only to be attacked by Fida who mistook him for an intruder in to her grandfather's world: the god of death. She had taken him to the palace where he met people he knew. Zar, the stote of which Aliki mentioned earlier tried to break into where she was, but the area was blocked. Just try to imagine a small stote sky diving into a large black sphere and bouncing right off and you'll know what happened. Not even the lightening bolts he cast at it when he was human broke it. He ran off to find Callic and told him what happened because he had somehow heard it all. Now Aliki and Callic are two people you would never want to get mad. When Callic heard what was happening to his wife, he was furious and by this anger, broke the barrier, and killed the drakon once and for all. Aliki was taken to the palace and there she was cured by the god of light and healing. She rested there for a good few days. A scar is left of her right arm where a long cut was made and also upon the skin above her heart. As for the fleece, William and Yisult went after it and found it and now the camp is safe once more. Though to this day, while all may be peaceful yet again, Aliki carries the scars of the knife. One on her arm, the other on the skin above her heart. To this day she while get random pians from the knife that went to a dragon's heart.