Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Anyone seeing/seen Hannibal Rising?

16 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm going to the cinema tonight to see it. I hope it's as good as the others, this is one of my favorite book-to-movie series. The books are just like the movies, which is great.

Posted

I just bought Hannibal. The book that is.

And I'll go to see it as soon as it comes to theaters over here. Which will happen in a couple of weeks.

Posted

I think that this series has already been done to death. Hannibal Rising is just another attempt to try to instill fear upon younger audiences.

I liked red dragon though.

Posted

I think that this series has already been done to death. Hannibal Rising is just another attempt to try to instill fear upon younger audiences.

I liked red dragon though.

I kinda thought so too. But its not the movie industry that is doing it, it is the author. He keeps writing these books, and he is working on another one as I sit here and type. It is set after Hannibal.

Oh, I just got back from the movie, it was awesome. My favorite in the series. It is a darker tale than the others, believe it or not.

Posted

I would like to see this, but I'll probably wait 'til it comes to DVD.

You should see Pan's Labyrinth.

Posted

No, I think it is the movie industries fault. (OK, as well as the authors fault)

Its not like their taking his other books to the big screen, only the ones they think they can get profit from.

Posted

the world revolves around profit, especially the mainstream film industry

this one is probably not worth going to the theater for, I'll save it for the DVD...and perhaps get around to watching red dragon in the meantime

Posted

Watch Hannibal too. Anthony Hopkins is one of the best actors I've ever seen!

Posted

is that the really gory one?

Posted

If I know my Hannibal movies, Probably a bit too gory for you..

Posted

And they're perfect for me! :lol:

Have you seen Hannibal, Zuzu?

Posted

Yeah, I've seen Silence Hannibal and Red Dragon, but I think I'll leave it at that, this new one doesnt interest me.

Posted

I meant the other Movie, entitled "Hannibal."

It's not very gory, but at the end, there is one gory scene. :lol:

Posted

No, I think it is the movie industries fault. (OK, as well as the authors fault)

Its not like their taking his other books to the big screen, only the ones they think they can get profit from.

Very well said. And I respect your opinion. Hannibal Rising isn't nearly as good as Silence of the Lambs, you still should see it, only because you're a fan. I was really worried that the actor that played Hannibal would suck, but he did a good job. He didn't play the same character Hopkins did, but that's because it ISN'T the same character. We learn where Hannibal learns his manners, why he eats his victims, and where he becomes a good fighter. We get to see the young Hannibal become the man Hopkins created with his amazing acting. It is by no means AMAZING, but you should find some fun in it.

Posted

Yeah. Hopkins portrays Dr. Hannibal Lecter in a much better way than Gaspard Ulliel. Or so it seems, because I haven't seen it yet. :embarrassed: