Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

vista questions

13 posts in this topic

Posted

alright.

for the ultimate upgrade (the 1 i wont) do i need a registered version of xp pro? or doesn't it matter?

cus my xp isn't registered. (dont ask why, and no im not illegal)

I'm asking this cus to install vista, u need to type in the product key that comes with the box. so i was just wondering if my xp needs to be registered as well to install.

also, which 1 is better? ultiment upgrade $499 or home premium full $499?

and also. i need help with installing vista onto a laptop. when it goes to copying files it copies as normal, but when it gets to expanding files. it restarts, as it shld do. and when it boots up. it comes to a blue screen saying, it wont start up, because windows wont let its file get changed, or sumthing liek that.

Posted

no you don't.... you just need the vista key

Posted

:huh: I'm not sure. Maybe you have to

Posted

i would know i have windows business on my computer already before windows vista came out in stores...

Posted

ok kool, and also

is it worth having ultiment upgrade? or home premium full?

Posted

ULTIMATEEEEE if you can :D

Posted

huh? :huh:

all i know is that i have vista for my laptop, and thats how i am here :D

Posted

Noooo! Vista is evil! ::Brings out various talismans with Apple and Linux logos on them::

Don't get Vista, its just a trumped up XP with some fancy animations. You need a state-of-the-art computer run it! There are no features on Vista that you can't already download for free for XP! And Macs come with lots of features that Vista doesn't have, and its far more stable. Linux is even better, with tons of 3rd party support that comes with it being an open source OS. And again its more stable, and free!

Thats my opinion, but if you want to waste your money buying a ridiculous product, go ahead!

Posted

i like vista

in fact i am using it right now at my laptop

Posted

Noooo! Vista is evil! ::Brings out various talismans with Apple and Linux logos on them::

Don't get Vista, its just a trumped up XP with some fancy animations. You need a state-of-the-art computer run it! There are no features on Vista that you can't already download for free for XP! And Macs come with lots of features that Vista doesn't have, and its far more stable. Linux is even better, with tons of 3rd party support that comes with it being an open source OS. And again its more stable, and free!

Thats my opinion, but if you want to waste your money buying a ridiculous product, go ahead!

wtf man, ur a tool.

i have over 10 games for my pc, so why the heck wld i even think about getting a mac. u cant play games on macs. macs suck.

have u seen how desprite they are for ppl to buy macs? they freakin made over 20 ads saying that mac is better...

and + my computer is all souped up and upgraded for vista. and also when i get enough money after getting vista. im gonna buy an EXTRA 512mb of ram. even though i have 1gb already.

and tones of prgrams that windows doesnt have??? like what? itunes? u cant download it...ilive? they picture editor or wateva... we have photoshop, photoimpact and all other better photo editers. ur movie making software???

windows has an awsome movie making program that ive paid for, camtasia studios 4.

so i dont need any of ur "software" that windows doesnt have.

(i hope u arnt offended. im just making out a point here)

and also. i need help with installing vista onto a laptop. when it goes to copying files it copies as normal, but when it gets to expanding files. it restarts, as it shld do. and when it boots up. it comes to a blue screen saying, it wont start up, because windows wont let its file get changed, or sumthing liek that.

Posted

BUMP ^^^

Posted

Aatch is right. Vista sucks hairy monkey nuts. And honestly, Macs are better; to a certain degree. And, about games not running on them; heres list of game I own that run on Mac:

World Of Warcraft

Warcraft III

Roller Coaster Tycoon

I dont play games on my pc if you couldnt tell; but. World of Warcraft. by FAR one of THE best games on PC; is made FOR Macs, as well as Windows. Now, lets say you like Splinter Cell; that. DOES NOT. I REPEAT. DOES NOT. RUN ON VISTA. Yet it runs on Macs. NONE of the games using the Splinter Cell engine run on Vista. However, they all run on Mac. And with macs you can get a windows emulator; or, even better: Mac's recently got the ability to run windows on them, at the same time as running mac. Oh yes, mikel, macs suck. oh indeed. Please get shot for being a fanboy to Microsoft; I'm not paying 100-600 dollars for frickin Vista when its a prettier XP; sorry buddy, thats what themes are for; and indeed, they dont take up nearly as much ram. Have a nice day.

Posted

opinions opinions....