Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A World of my Own Book 1

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Chapter 1

Starting Point

I find it funny where I can end up sometimes. In second grade, I ended up face to face with the biggest bully, Hugo. He was in fifth grade and practically had a moustache. There was even a rumor that he had two kids already with some girl up at my city’s high school. Hugo beat the crap out of me and why? Because I decided to play The Hero and stand up for my friend.

Once at the zoo, I tried to save a kid’s balloon and ended up in the monkey pit because I broke through the net. I got tons of poo thrown at my face and a broken wrist from the fall. Then there was that one time I found a deer that actually let me pet it and I got shot in the leg by an arrow from my father’s crossbow.

I have always ended up in the most bizarre, painful situations, whether by pain it was emotional or physical. However, this story I am about to tell you, reader, puts me in a situation that I never thought I would be in.

And it all starts out with a man with a big nose, a moustache, overalls, and a funny red hat…

I was on this marble floor. Don’t ask me how I got there, but all I could remember was my name. It was Ashley, but I liked to be called Ash. Why? It was shorter, easier to write, and since every friggin’ girl in elementary school was named Ashley, I had to find an alternative to my name.

I stood up slowly. I wasn’t hurt or anything, but I was entirely confused. I looked around for a second and then saw this man with a clipboard. He was a short, chubby man. He had a big, bushy moustache and these huge blue eyes. This hat he had on his head was red and had a big M in the middle. I recognized him, but I was so disoriented that I couldn’t recall who he was.

“Excuse me, sir,

Posted

Chapter 6

Guess Who’s coming

To Dinner?

When I was unconscious, I had a weird dream. In this dream, Lux and I found a piece of the Triforce ourselves, but the triangle was upside down, compared to how the other two were on the Triforce. I decided to touch this piece, which exploded into a surge of electricity and all that electricity went into me. I looked down at my right hand and the full Triforce was on it, but only the middle was glowing.

Suddenly, Zelda and Link appeared and their hands, Zelda’s right and Link’s left, were glowing and they also had the Triforce on their hands. We suddenly heard this huge laugh, however, and behind me was Ganondorf. He replaced the piece of Triforce that was behind me. He shot me with this terrible power and I woke up all of the sudden.

I had sat up extremely quick. I found myself laying in a nice, soft bed. I looked at the table to my right and there was my hat. I looked behind me and noticed there was a small line of blood on my pillow. I felt my right cheek, which stung a little. The bleeding had stopped, but I still felt a stinging feeling on that cheek.

I sat on the edge of the bed. A window was open and it smelled to me like a nice, spring afternoon. Because of this nice weather, I decided to get up. I was a bit sore, or rather extremely sore, but I would get over it. I grabbed my hat and underneath it I found the Thunderstone and a note.

I thought you would like this back, Thunderstones can only be used once, but I think that this item will always be important for you and Lux. I will be honest, there’s a mysterious aura from that Thunderstone and I think that is why Ganondorf had this stone. I do not know why he had it exactly, but I would stay on your toes.

Now, get some rest and join us at dinner at 6:30. My father is excited to meet you. There should be a wardrobe in this room, so pick out a dress that you would like and be proper for dinner.

Sincerely,

Princess Zelda

I put the stone and the note down on the end table. I had to get dressed so I represented myself well in front of the King of Hyrule. There was a wardrobe across from me, so I peeked inside. It was filled with gorgeous dresses of almost every color. They were all rather long, but that was fine. Back on home, I’d always see older girls wearing short skirted dresses.

I picked out my favorite dress. It was a dark yellow, almost like a goldenrod color. There were even long, golden gloves that came with the dress. When I was little, I remember wanting those kinds of gloves, for princesses always wore them. After I put on the dress, I slipped the gloves on.

Under all the dresses in the wardrobe, there were several pairs of dress shoes. I chose the black ones only because I didn’t want to look too yellow. I slipped the shoes on. I never really wore dress shoes, and I discovered how uncomfortable they were. They were hard to walk in and I could feel the leather rub against my feet. I knew I would have terrible blisters, but I needed to look decent. My boots definitely weren’t the pair of shoes to wear with the dress I had on.

I decided to take a stroll around the castle a bit. I left the room and stepped out into a huge hallway. It had a high ceiling and everything. The floor was a black marble and the walls were actually smooth and they were a white color. My footsteps echoed as I walked. The hall way was empty, so that was understandable.

I had never been in an actual castle before, which I guess was alright. As far as I knew, there were no castles in Ohio, or at least there weren’t any castles in my town. I was excited to actually walk around. I had to find Link anyway and sitting in my room wouldn’t help me find him.

I walked for about an hour and still couldn’t find Link. The castle was beautiful, but I was having trouble soaking it in. My feet hurt so badly. I had to find a seat and take the shoes off. I cam to these two double doors and opened one of them. They were extremely heavy and the pressure I put on my feet to move the doors made the shoes cut into my skin a little.

The room I entered was a huge chapel. There were several rows of pews and a huge organ. It wasn’t being played at the time which was because there was no service that evening. There was a huge stain glass window on the other side of the church. I expected Jesus to be on it or something, but it was a huge Triforce. Flying around it were three women. They were colored for one was blue, one was green, and the last was red.

Sitting at a pew was Zelda’s attendant, Impa. She turned around and motioned for me to sit with her. I didn’t want to be rude, so I sat down with her. I still wanted to be proper, so I kept my shoes on, despite the fact that it felt like a thousand mice were chewing on my poor feet.

“Hello, child,

Posted

We cleaned up Lux and Zucchini in the barn and walked outside. The ranch looked fairly decent now that there weren’t animals running around. The horses were all in a circular fence that was right in the middle of the ranch. I could hear Malon singing as we entered the fenced area. She had a really good voice for a girl that was about my age.

Link and I walked into the horse ring. The horses were just running around all free and occasionally one would get out of the ring. Malon paid no mind however, and looked rather cheerful when one horse celebrated when it exited the ring and ran around the ranch.

“Oh, hello you two,

Posted

Chapter8

TheGorons

Link had actually waited for me at theranch’s entrance, which really didn’t surprise me. He had ‘impressed’ Malon, but he knew that ifhe left me, I would kill him. Link was stillon his horse and he greeted me with a smile.

“Wasn’t that cool?

Posted

Chapter9

Saria’sSong

Link wasted no time getting out of Goron City after herealized what song was making the Gorons happy. The song must have been a song that Saria had played on the ocarina whenshe and Link were younger. We hadn’tbeen to the forest for a couple of days now, so I knew it would be hard on Linkto leave his hometown. Luckily for himthough, he had a home to return to. Icouldn’t go back home at all, or at least to my knowledge I couldn’t.

It was getting rather dark outside so I assumed we wouldcrash at Link’s house again, like we did after we got the Kokiri’s Emerald fromthe Great Deku Tree. I just wasn’t sureif Link, Lux, Zucchini, and I would actually fit in Link’s little tree house. It would be a tight fit for sure, but we couldmake it happen.

Link and I untied the horses and Link decided to take offahead of me. I didn’t get why, but hesure was eager to get back to Kokiri forest. The sun was slowly going down as we made our way across Hyrulefield. Since the sun was going down, italso became a bit more chillier and riding Lightning and having wind blowingwas no help at all.

It didn’t take long for us to reach the entrance to theKokiri Forest. It wasn’t really thatfar. We entered on our horses and allthe kids just stared at us in wonder. Link was leading, so I just followed him. I had no idea what he was up to, so I decidedto just sit back and watch a bit.

Link stopped right by his house and dismounted Epona.

“Saria’s house is right here,

Posted

Chapter9

Saria’sSong

Link wasted no time getting out of Goron City after herealized what song was making the Gorons happy. The song must have been a song that Saria had played on the ocarina whenshe and Link were younger. We hadn’tbeen to the forest for a couple of days now, so I knew it would be hard on Linkto leave his hometown. Luckily for himthough, he had a home to return to. Icouldn’t go back home at all, or at least to my knowledge I couldn’t.

It was getting rather dark outside so I assumed we wouldcrash at Link’s house again, like we did after we got the Kokiri’s Emerald fromthe Great Deku Tree. I just wasn’t sureif Link, Lux, Zucchini, and I would actually fit in Link’s little tree house. It would be a tight fit for sure, but we couldmake it happen.

Link and I untied the horses and Link decided to take offahead of me. I didn’t get why, but hesure was eager to get back to Kokiri forest. The sun was slowly going down as we made our way across Hyrulefield. Since the sun was going down, italso became a bit more chillier and riding Lightning and having wind blowingwas no help at all.

It didn’t take long for us to reach the entrance to theKokiri Forest. It wasn’t really thatfar. We entered on our horses and allthe kids just stared at us in wonder. Link was leading, so I just followed him. I had no idea what he was up to, so I decidedto just sit back and watch a bit.

Link stopped right by his house and dismounted Epona.

“Saria’s house is right here,

Posted

Chapter10

GerudoValley

I knew that I was supposed to stay at Link’s house, but I hadto follow Ganondorf. Link wouldn’t beback until that afternoon and it was about midnight. I had plenty of time to follow Ganondorf andget back to Link’s house. I knew thatmedically I would be risking my sanity, but I had to help save the kingdom,even if it was in my pajamas and without weapons, seeing how that was all Ihad.

I was taken on the other side of Hyrule and the surroundingarea seemed to be a canyon or a desert of some sort. Since it was nighttime, the area was rathercold, but I couldn’t let that stop me. Ifollowed Ganondorf the whole way and was about fifty feet behind him, just sohe wouldn’t suspect anyone was following him. I tried to keep rather quiet, but once we reach a wooden bridge I knew Iwouldn’t be able to get across it quietly so I just waited for Ganondorf tokeep going.

There was an entranceway that Ganondorf had gone into and Ididn’t hear anything else, so I decided to leave Lightning by himself and takeLux to where Ganondorf was headed. Ileft Lightning underneath an area where there was a log serving as abridge. I felt bad for leaving himalone, but I had to do so.

I walked across the log slowly and Lux followed me. We walked forward to the bridge that I wasafraid to cross with Lightning. Therewas actually no one in sight, so Lux and I didn’t really have to be too carefulwith worrying about noise. I lookedbelow the bridge and saw this huge river. It was flowing rather quickly and then I realized how high up Iwas. What if I fell? What if Lux fell?

The worst possible conclusion of crossing that bridge came tomind and I freaked. I wouldn’t take myeyes off the river and my eye sight became really blurry. I started to feel dizzy and felt like myheart was beating a billion times a second. I couldn’t believe how far up I was and how far down the river was fromthe bridge. It was overwhelming.

Lux bit my leg all of a sudden and I snapped back intoreality.

“Raichu,

Posted

Chapter 11

The Great Boob Fairy

It was extremely difficult for Link and I to get out ofGerudo Valley. Instead of travellingacross Hyrule to get to the Kokiri Forest, we decided to go to Lon LonRanch. It was early morning, so theranch was open. We were on Lightning andEpona when we entered the ranch. Fortunately for us, Talon was at the entrance washing a cow. Link and I got off our horses and justcollapsed on the ground.

I woke up in a nice, fluffy bed, but there was a smell ofchickens lingering in the air. I sat upslowly and all the aches and pains surged through my body. I lay back down, slamming my body against thebouncy mattress.

I tried to sit up again, but moved with caution. I was able to get up after a lot of pain andlooked around. I was in a small roomwhich had a small, round coffee table in it. I looked at my feet and saw Lux sleeping soundly. To my left was another bed and there wasLink. At Link’s feet was Zucchini, whowas curled in a small ball.

I suddenly remembered what had happened. The whole battle that took place in GerudoValley and helping Ganondorf’s sister escape; I remembered all of that. I had some trouble breathing for my lungsfelt sore. I lifted up my shirt just alittle and saw that I had bruises on my ribs. On my arms were bruises and cuts. I decided to lay back down a bit and just relax.

I lay on my side, but became uncomfortable. There was something in my pocket, so I reach underthe covers and retrieved the object. Itwas a Pokeball and I started to remember what was inside. There was that puppy that Ganondorf hadkicked. I pressed the middle button ofthe Pokeball and it grew. I threw theball and the puppy came out. She waslimping as she walked around the room.

I got up from the bed slowly and moved my legs out from underthe covers. My naked feet touched thecold, wooden floor which creaked as I put pressure on it. The puppy sat still and watched with heavyeyes as I came to see her.

“Her girl,

Posted

Chapter 11

The Great Boob Fairy

It was extremely difficult for Link and I to get out ofGerudo Valley. Instead of travellingacross Hyrule to get to the Kokiri Forest, we decided to go to Lon LonRanch. It was early morning, so theranch was open. We were on Lightning andEpona when we entered the ranch. Fortunately for us, Talon was at the entrance washing a cow. Link and I got off our horses and justcollapsed on the ground.

I woke up in a nice, fluffy bed, but there was a smell ofchickens lingering in the air. I sat upslowly and all the aches and pains surged through my body. I lay back down, slamming my body against thebouncy mattress.

I tried to sit up again, but moved with caution. I was able to get up after a lot of pain andlooked around. I was in a small roomwhich had a small, round coffee table in it. I looked at my feet and saw Lux sleeping soundly. To my left was another bed and there wasLink. At Link’s feet was Zucchini, whowas curled in a small ball.

I suddenly remembered what had happened. The whole battle that took place in GerudoValley and helping Ganondorf’s sister escape; I remembered all of that. I had some trouble breathing for my lungsfelt sore. I lifted up my shirt just alittle and saw that I had bruises on my ribs. On my arms were bruises and cuts. I decided to lay back down a bit and just relax.

I lay on my side, but became uncomfortable. There was something in my pocket, so I reach underthe covers and retrieved the object. Itwas a Pokeball and I started to remember what was inside. There was that puppy that Ganondorf hadkicked. I pressed the middle button ofthe Pokeball and it grew. I threw theball and the puppy came out. She waslimping as she walked around the room.

I got up from the bed slowly and moved my legs out from underthe covers. My naked feet touched thecold, wooden floor which creaked as I put pressure on it. The puppy sat still and watched with heavyeyes as I came to see her.

“Her girl,

Posted

Chapter12

Flooding the

Domain

I had had enough.

I had enough with water, ocarinas, boob fairies, princesses,rules, missions, swords, and assholes. But what I was the most done with was water.

‘But Ash, the place you left us off at was at the top ofDeath Mountain,’ you might be whining you damn reader. Well, I’ve had enough of you too! While I was desperately holding onto a rubberduck floater whilst rushing down the river in Hyrule you are sitting in bed oron a couch, completely dry and happy; laughing at my misfortune.

So, reader, if you want to complain well I’m the one tellingthe damn story. If I decide to hop fromone scene to a year later, I could do that. However I am not that mean, so I will tell you what happened betweenDeath Mountain and the whole floating down a rapid river with a rubber duckyfloater.

After the whole Boob Fairy happened, Link and I decided tohead for this place called Zora River. We had no idea where this river was, so we went and talked toDarunia. Luckily for me, I wasn’t thereafter Link had defeated the evil in Dodongo’s Cavern, but if I was I probablywould’ve gotten my guts hugged out by the big, rock like Goron. Link, however, was a sworn brother orsomething, so he got a huge hug which looked rather painful.

“What can I do for my Sworn Brother and his lady?

Posted

Chapter12

Flooding the

Domain

I had had enough.

I had enough with water, ocarinas, boob fairies, princesses,rules, missions, swords, and assholes. But what I was the most done with was water.

‘But Ash, the place you left us off at was at the top ofDeath Mountain,’ you might be whining you damn reader. Well, I’ve had enough of you too! While I was desperately holding onto a rubberduck floater whilst rushing down the river in Hyrule you are sitting in bed oron a couch, completely dry and happy; laughing at my misfortune.

So, reader, if you want to complain well I’m the one tellingthe damn story. If I decide to hop fromone scene to a year later, I could do that. However I am not that mean, so I will tell you what happened betweenDeath Mountain and the whole floating down a rapid river with a rubber duckyfloater.

After the whole Boob Fairy happened, Link and I decided tohead for this place called Zora River. We had no idea where this river was, so we went and talked toDarunia. Luckily for me, I wasn’t thereafter Link had defeated the evil in Dodongo’s Cavern, but if I was I probablywould’ve gotten my guts hugged out by the big, rock like Goron. Link, however, was a sworn brother orsomething, so he got a huge hug which looked rather painful.

“What can I do for my Sworn Brother and his lady?

Posted

Chapter 13- The Temple of Time

What ended up happening tome and the other Zoras that were flushed away from my terrible ocarina playingwas this: We were washed out through the river and ended up in a moat that wentaround the castle. There were bars thatkept us from going down to Gerudo Valley’s river, so that made us all sprawledout. Fortunately, I was able to staywith Ruto for she grabbed onto my floating device.

I glanced over and saw Ganondorf in the whole mess, so Igrabbed Ruto and helped her climb out of the moat. I threw the floating ducky into the moatbehind us, which must have caught Ganondorf’s attention because he yelled myname. I turned around and just waved tohim, then I grabbed Ruto’s wrist and went through a huge door.

We were in a small opening and there were a bunch of guardsoutside scratching their heads. They hadno idea why the moat was overflowing and why there were a bunch of Zorasfloating around and acting disoriented. The water was slowly overflowing this opening and I glanced over and sawmy rubber ducky floating device just bobbing around and confusing the guardseven more. Unfortunately, it seemed thatthe guards of Hyrule weren’t the brightest crayons in the box.

“Where are we going?

Posted

Chapter 13- The Temple of Time

What ended up happening tome and the other Zoras that were flushed away from my terrible ocarina playingwas this: We were washed out through the river and ended up in a moat that wentaround the castle. There were bars thatkept us from going down to Gerudo Valley’s river, so that made us all sprawledout. Fortunately, I was able to staywith Ruto for she grabbed onto my floating device.

I glanced over and saw Ganondorf in the whole mess, so Igrabbed Ruto and helped her climb out of the moat. I threw the floating ducky into the moatbehind us, which must have caught Ganondorf’s attention because he yelled myname. I turned around and just waved tohim, then I grabbed Ruto’s wrist and went through a huge door.

We were in a small opening and there were a bunch of guardsoutside scratching their heads. They hadno idea why the moat was overflowing and why there were a bunch of Zorasfloating around and acting disoriented. The water was slowly overflowing this opening and I glanced over and sawmy rubber ducky floating device just bobbing around and confusing the guardseven more. Unfortunately, it seemed thatthe guards of Hyrule weren’t the brightest crayons in the box.

“Where are we going?

Posted

Chapter14

All Grown-Up

Jeez, my back hurts, I thought. At that moment, I had my eyes closed, but Iheard drops of water and a flowing stream. I would’ve gone to sleep, hearing how peaceful the noise was, but Iwasn’t sleepy at all. I was actually wideawake, but I still wanted my ears to soak up the calming sound. I sniffed the air and smelled fresh, cleanwater and I became thirsty. Then Irealized that I was extremely thirsty and terribly hungry, but I felt heavierfor some weird reason.

I opened my eyes and didn’t recognizewhere I was at all. I was going to lookat the floor or whatever, but something big distracted me, or rather two bigthings distracted me.

“Oh my God,

Posted

Beautiful.