Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

best anime ever?

34 posts in this topic

Posted

It wasn't abstract at all. It was just a bit crazy. It was a linear plot and each episode followed distinct, different events just like any other series. It explained everything it brought up, like N.O., Atomsk, the Reactor Core, Mamimi's situation, Canti, and Medical Mechanica. Everything had to do with something, and it built up a message. About the only thing that leaves me wondering is what happened to Haruko afterwards, and how the Space Police operate. I'd like to see some Haruko/Atomsk backstory in there.

FLCL referenced a lot of western culture, Eka, so it's understandable that they would try out one of the US' more unique animation styles.

There are some fan theories that regard Fooly Cooly as a metaphor for post-WWII Japan being invaded and manipulated by western culture, also.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Gun Buster 2 (Think that's what it's called) supposedly takes place in the same universe as FLCL, but in a different time era. They mention the fraternity and communicate through cats, among other things. It's also 6 episodes. I only watched the first 2, the main character keeps fighting with her boobs hanging out... Think I'll watch some more soon.

Posted

Seriously??

Why wasn't I notified of this??

Posted

I dunno if the connection is confirmed, but that's what I've heard and noticed.