Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

So I was writing this Zelda fanfic a while ago

4 posts in this topic

Posted

So I was writing this Zelda fanfic a while ago, but then I lost interest and never finished it. This was about last year, when I wanted to write something, but I didn't really know what to write about and hadn't really started with the style I have now. The wording in some parts is pretty similar to what I would use now, though, and I think it's generally well done. But I'm not smart, so that's open to opinion. I don't plan on finishing it - but anything's possible, like extreme boredom and having a partially written fan fiction lying in wait - so I decided to post it. I actually had a pretty good plan for this one; it was going to come alive in the character interaction, so there was going to be a lot of personality being flung about every which way, which bred lots of really good ideas, which I've forgotten over time.

A little info on the story itself: it's basically a parody. It would have been a parody with a story, though, not just hopping aound for jokes. What is written is really only exposition, so wooo. It takes place in a kind of seemingly post-apocalyptic Hyrule sometime between Twilight Princess and The Wind Waker, and stars a younger Link. The beginning is slow. This whole thing is the beginning. The beginning of the beginning is slow and gets started extremely clumsily, but I'd like to think it speeds up eventually.

I figured I'd post the first two chapters, then see if anyone showed any interest in seeing the last one.

IT DON'T GOT NO TITLE

Chapter 1: What’s This Now? Well Well Well!

A dry wind now rushed eternally over the beaten wasteland that was once called Hyrule by its once numerous inhabitants. Nearly none in the whole of reasonable civilization had any near idea of what had happened, but it was quite obvious that something had spontaneously defeated the undefeatable happy-go-lucky spirit of the place. With a quick scan of the vast, flat, dead tree-dotted landscape, nothing even remotely living – or at least nothing friendly – could be seen. But upon a closer inspection, one would at this specific time see a tiny, blue light fluttering clumsily from the forest’s entrance. This minute shimmer, as it came closer into view, would be recognized as a forest fairy.

Oh, Great Deku Tree… nervously thought the fairy as she flew as swiftly as her tiny wings would carry her, Why did they have to hurt you? Whoever they were… She flapped hastily to avoid losing any altitude: she would need a bird’s-eye view to spot out someone - anyone - as soon as possible. The Deku Tree, while dangerously wounded due to the recent unknown event, had told her to guide the first person she saw to him. But why did he have to choose her instead of any other fairy? He knew she was no good under pressure. And why did he need the first person she saw - for all anyone knew, that person could be the laziest and most ill-prepared of them all. She didn’t doubt the Great Deku Tree’s wisdom, but he could have at least told her more about what he was planning…

The fairy looked to her left and spotted a clusters of rubble which were obviously once buildings of one sort or another. She had passed so many of these piles of rubble since she began that a quick glance in their directions was all she thought necessary to search them for life. She was almost about to look away and continue her journey when she thought she noticed some movement and decided to flutter down to inspect this.

The forest fairy neared her new destination and began to look over the gray and brown pieces of the former home when she was surprised to observe the blond-haired head of a boy as it popped up from between some stones and a wooden support beam. Before long the whole boy emerged and stood, staring intently and curiously at the floating ball of light with immense, blue eyes which complimented the fairy’s own hue. He was maybe around twelve or thirteen years of age and wore a very long green shirt that was noticeably two or three or seven sizes too large for him, so much so that the only way to tell that the shorts he wore were brown was when one of the dry gusts swept by and the shirt swayed in the breeze. He sneezed into his hands and looked at them disgustedly before wiping them on the shirt.

“Hello,

Posted

It was humorous.

Posted

You're too kind!

Also,

"...one could almost feel his nearly tangible...."

Just noticed how redundant that is.

That is awwwful

Posted

I haven't read any of it yet, but because you, G333 wrote it, I simply must.