My Zelda shield in production!

31 posts in this topic

Posted

I think that money would be more involved then skills in a contest like that.

Someone could by a premade wooden sheild and paint it, for example. Although... I wanna see a skull hammer.

Agreed. From the moment I saw the Skull Hammer I have wanted to see someone cosplay Toon Link carrying one.

I made a Hylian Shield for my Link cosplay a couple years ago. I used cardboard, too, and lots of duct tape. I used poster board for the design on the front, too. If you plan on making the OoT one, paper fasteners work great for the rivets, once you paint them silver. If you have a steady hang, you could use fabric paint or something for the silver parts. Alternatively, you could use thin card to do the eagle, so you have it just right, then glue that sucker on. That's what I did with the Triforce pieces.

Posted

Thanks!

Posted

Very awesome, I love it. :D Excellent work. Now let's see you try your hand at the Master Sword...

Posted

He is already making one, last time I checked.

Posted

Someone here needs to make a skuill hammer.

Like, instead of just speculation like whats going on, actually make a skull hammer.

Posted

Oh my God! We should all go to Otakon 2010 (Or another big convention, Otakon is the 2nd biggest in USA) as a random Links and each bring a different cosplay weapon! I call Skull Hammer!!!

EDIT- I Call Violet Link with Skull Hammer*

Posted

That would be fun, but I wouldn't be able to make it because I live too far away. Otherwise I'd call something ridiculous like the ladder or the gust jar.

Posted

Pretty awesome sheild you have there!

Have you made a mirror sheild yet?

Actually, two weeks ago, I made an ocarina!!!!!!!!!! And it actually works!!! XD

But I did the worst job ever at glazing it....... :( lol.

And now Im thinking aout making the skull hammer out of wire and paper machet.

Oh yeah, I make majora's mask out of cardboard too! And it is stronger than you would think it would be isnt it?

Posted

Pretty awesome sheild you have there!

Have you made a mirror sheild yet?

Actually, two weeks ago, I made an ocarina!!!!!!!!!! And it actually works!!! XD

But I did the worst job ever at glazing it....... :( lol.

And now Im thinking aout making the skull hammer out of wire and paper machet.

Oh yeah, I make majora's mask out of cardboard too! And it is stronger than you would think it would be isnt it?

Thanks!

Hm...good idea, I wonder which one though, Wind Waker or Ocarina of Time!

That's awesome!

Don't worry about the glaze :)

Nice!

I love MM :D

I don't need to but a Master Sword because I ordered one and got it and painted the blade silver. It looks amazing, but its a bit smudged.

And i have a slingshot too!

But....my shield I made got a little wrecked form rain, so i have to repaint it a little.

Posted

Woot for slingshots!!! I even have these nuts that grow from this giant tree in my back yard, that when you shoot them, and they hit something, they explode like the deku seeds off the game.

And yeah... It was my first time using glaze, I had ten minutes to glaze it in, and my teacher failed to tell me that I had to put it on there REALLY REALLY thick... :squint::ocarina:

And I kind of like the red trim on the one from ocarina of time, but I like the detail on the mirror pattern from wind waker..... So I think either will be cool.

And Yeah, So I've had this really cool Idea for a while....:

Okay, So. I have made peices of armor before, out of peices of scrap metal, and they have been really nice... things like gauntletts and helmets.... But I've really been wanting to make the Feirce Diety's armor with the crescent moon and upside-down triangle (/triforce peice/missing peice/whatever you want to call it).... My only problem is.. I don't have a single peice of metal big enough to do it in one peice so if I did it the metal MIGHT look a little patchy, and the biggest problem is: it will probably take me almost a year to hammer out the metal shape it, brush it, and then figure out some way to attach the thing... In which time I will probably get very side-tracked....

Do you have any suggestions, and have you ever heard of anybody doing something like that before?

Posted

I finally figured out how to get the pictures on here!!! biggrin.gif

What do you think?

post-9925-1276330476305917_thumb.jpg

it kind of looks like it does in the opening... mask.gif I havent colored it...

post-9925-1276331096327492_thumb.jpg

I told you I did a horrible job at glazing it... but it works!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

Posted

Wow, they look great!

But i'm not sure if I knew anyone who did that kind of stuff. Good luck making them though!

Posted

Lol, thanks.

And yeah, I have ADD bad... I can hardly keep doing one thing for an hour.... let alone a year..... XD

Posted

Awe, don't worry about it. I bet you'll do great.

Posted

Haha, I try my best. n_n.gif