Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Time to Kill

1 post in this topic

Posted

Detective Amber August watched her suspect from behind one way glass, she turned her attention to the opening door behind her. "Has he said anything yet?" Detective Roger Blanke asked. "Not a word, he didn't even ask for a lawyer." Amber said. "He doesn't seem the type does he?" Amber added. "What do you mean?" Roger asked. "The type to do this to another human being!" Amber said handing Roger a photo of a woman. "She was raped and savagely beaten, then he carved her up like a turkey." Roger said. "But when they found him, he didn't have a drop of blood on him." Amber said. "The Medical Examiner said that she was killed hours ago, he probably cleaned up and then returned to visit his kill." Roger said. "We got a hit on his prints yet?" Amber asked. "They have to rerun them, some kinda problem with the scan it kicked out one name but the kid they matched is seven years old." Amber looked at the file "Jeremy Stevens, D.O.B June 15 1982...huh that's odd." Amber said. "What is?" Roger asked. "In his personal effects they found a Zippo with J.S. etched into it." she said. "That is odd." Roger said. "I'm gonna talk to him." Amber said leaving the review room.

"How's things going in here?" Amber asked sitting across from the young man, his face was streaked with mud and his shirt was in taters. "Could use a bite I haven't eaten in forever." he said. Amber lifted the outside phone, "Can we get Jeremy some food please." she said into it. "Thanks I was starting to wonder if you...wait how do you know my name?" Jeremy asked. Jeremy looked at the black stains on his fingertips, that damn stranger danger school drive!" he said with a sigh. "So you want me to believe that you are Jeremy Stevens is that it?" Amber said. "Hey you ran my prints, you tell me." Jeremy said. "Well you certainly look mature for your age Jeremy." Amber said. "So that would put me...when late 80's early 90's?" Jeremy asked. "1989...for at least a few more weeks." Amber said. "That's right I remember it was so warm that winter." Jeremy said. "OK that's enough, you aren't a seven year old boy so who are you?" Amber asked. "My name is Jeremy Stevens, I was born June 15th 1982 to Lawrence and Stella Stevens and at this very moment I'm sleeping comfortably in my bed on Voltron sheets dreaming about my history teacher Ms. Barnes!" "Oh don't you dare!" Amber said. "You actually want me to believe that you are from the future?" she asked. "Yes 23 years to be precise." "So that's what, 2012?" Amber asked. "Hold on, I'll be right back." Amber said heading out. "He's laying the groundwork for his insanity defence." Amber said. "Oh I thought he was really from the future." Roger said. "Any luck with that?" Amber asked pointing to a black metallic object wrapped in plastic. "The TECH guys have no idea what it is or how to open it, the thing is Radiation shielded so they can't X-Ray it either." Roger said. "I'll ask him." Amber said grabbing it.

Amber walked back in and placed the black object on the table. "What is this?" she asked. "It's my travel case." Jeremy said. "Why is your travel case radiation shielded...oh that's right, all the fallout from the Atomic Wars." she said sarcastically. "Actually that never happened and boy did that surprise a lot of..." "Just open it!" she said. Jeremy swiped his thumb across the top, as he did a series of lights flickered on. "How did you do that?" she asked. "Oh it's biometrics, it only responds to my touch." as the case opened Amber noticed a small device inside. "Gun!" she shouted. Jeremy pulled the gun and fired at the door, melting it to it's frame. "Sorry Detective but you're coming with me!" Jeremy said "Where, you're trapped in here Jeremy." "Not where Detective...when." Jeremy grabbed Ambers arm and activated a small device inside the box, in a flash of white light they were gone."

Amber looked around, as the interview room vanished and was replaced with a dark grassy plain, stars twinkling overhead. "Where are we?" Amber asked. "We are just outside of Richmond Virginia in the year 1815." Amber looked around in shock. "This can't be real!" she said. "It is now you see why I have to stop him." Jeremy said. "The man who killed that girl." Jeremy said. "Who is he?" Amber asked. "His name is Milo, or it might not be. Needless to say he's crazy."