Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pokémon Yellow: Nuzlocke Run

32 posts in this topic

Posted

((You guys remember the Nuzlocke comics I posted, right? Ruby: Hard Mode. I'm doing one too, as are a load of people on RWP, so yeah. Woo))

Loading up my old GBC, the first gaming device I've ever had.

Loading up Pokémon Yellow, the only game I have left for it and the first game I ever got for it.

>NAME: VERY

>RIVAL: TORMENT

Leaving the house, it occurred to me that my mother doesn't have a room of her own. She sleeps in the main room, the kitchen. I decided that this world was better than the one I just came from.

I had a dream last night. The professor had me held in an infinite plain, painted white. He approached me and introduced me to my new world. He gave me no choice of gender, but only asked me my name. A cardboard cutout, unmoving, hands folded behind his back. He shrunk me down and placed me into this new world.

My mother informs me that it is custom for boys to leave the house someday. She refers to TV as her source of information. It troubles me that she is hurrying her flesh and blood out of the house, unblinking on the order of the media. This black and gray world isn't as sunny as initially I had believed. She sends me to the professor. He who damned me to this pit.

I enter his lab, his lair. TORMENT awaits, a ball sits on the table. He too had been told that in this place awaited him a Pokémon of his own. Are we of the same fate, TORMENT and I? I decided not to think so deeply into the situation. Nothing was to be found here, though TORMENT continuously twitched around, looking for his dear grandfather.

I step into the tall grass, a calling rings in my ears. The professor approaches, he casts a dark shadow and an unrelenting feeling of despair. World flashes black and white, I and he stand side by side, unaffected by the light. As if the world around us were not of the same matter as us. An illusion. As the dark flashes, I see myself, a reflection in the screen, dull expressionless face, absorbed in the world hidden beneath the tiny screen.

The professor hits sharp the wild PIKACHU with a heavy tool, a ball. The creature is sucked inside, as if a stream of data, stored. It is becoming difficult to see this world as anything more than the Professor's matrix.

He summons me back to his lab. He walks away, I can't control my movements. I as the player move at his heel, automated, he's pulling me. We enter the lab, he drags me to the table, TORMENT awaits. Professor does the first nice thing ever he had done for me. He offers me the ball on the table. I reach for it, feeling, if only for a second, that maybe this was real. I could feel the air against my open palm.

TORMENT attacks, pushing me to the floor, standing above me, snatching the ball, the first thing in this world I had the chance to touch. I've yet to experience weight on my new hands.

Professor calls me over. He gives me PIKACHU. I assign the ball of data the name, ALLEN, and holster his cage on my belt.

As I dare to escape, I'm held still by a call from TORMENT. His words a cold grip, rendering me unable to move. He's challenging me. I cannot refuse, I can't walk away. TORMENT locks eyes, and approaches, the flashing lights blind me, I see my reflection again. We return to the white plain. The same one where I assumed my identity, where we found ALLEN. And here I was, facing TORMENT and his creature. This alternate plain. What was it? TORMENT releases EEVEE. I release ALLEN. In the corner of my vision a box appears. I select FIGHT. THUNDERSHOCK. So easy it was to command this creature. Why does it obey me? Is it scared? I repeat THUNDERSHOCK until the EEVEE falls. ALLEN advances to level 6. What this means, I do not know.

I have defeated TORMENT. He cares not that his precious creature is unconscious, he proves soulless and selfish. Unsurprising.

As all goes dark it occurs to me. On this alternate plain, I assume a different body. Proportional, comfortable. But when all goes dark, I return to the body given to me by the Professor upon surrendering my name to him.

A surprise. ALLEN refuses to return to his cell! It perplexes me. Maybe I'm not the only one in this world with a soul. The only one who cares. My mother had none, she sent me out on command of the television. TORMENT treated his creature with very little respect. He was 2 dimensional in character. Professor didn't care for anything it seemed. He was the controller, the overlord of his infinite universe. He sent me away. I am silent, so is ALLEN.

In this world, there speak millions of voices, but they're all automated. I walk through them with my silent army hanging to my belt.

I am VERY.

And this is my journey through Hell.

Posted

Hahaha. That was the greatest thing I've read in a long time.

Posted

If I decide that I don't want to play anymore, I'll just say.

"I couldn't stand it anymore, I detached myself and dropped the cage from my hands. The souls encased shattered on the cold earth."

Posted

I read it, and its an awesome take on the game. Also I didn't know Blue started with Evee in yellow, what does evee evolve into? the fire one, the water one, or the electric one?

Also, you have a tablet, don't you? because I'd love to see something horribly drawn like what nuzlocke was doing, except for the fact that you are silves and simply do not "horribly draw."

Posted

I might do that. I am sketching my Pikachu though, as it's expression changes.

p1204100238.jpg

If ALLEN dies, I will cry.

Posted

I like how it looks like the eyes subtly drift in different directions.

Or maybe its just me.

Posted

That's pretty much everything I draw. The eyes are always on opposite sites of the head in a derpy kind of fashion.

Posted

Looks good

Posted

Guys you should do it to, seriously.

Posted

Maybe I'll start my bro's Silver if he'll let me.

Posted

Okay, here's to simplifying it all. First blog was all about looking at it all in a different light. I still will, but not as much as I did in the first part.

Throughout, I am taking notes on what I am doing so that I can give a fuller recounting of events. Everything is going well.

>NAME: VERY

>RIVAL: TORMENT

Team:

>ALLEN (Pikachu)

I left Pallet town, and Professor. TORMENT had taken off ahead somewhere, and I didn't care to find out where.

Traveling through Route 1, I come across a merchant. He offers me a POTION, and I have no choice but to take it.

I meet a boy who gives me some useful advice. He tells me that I can take advantage of something called gravity to jump down ledges along Route 1 rather than going through the tall grass. But they only go one direction. Professors matrix was well thought out, it seemed.

I heal my Pokémon and attempt to journey further north. A bloated old man blocks my path, and when I try to pass, he controls my movements, he casts me away and I cannot protest.

I decide that freedom isn't what this world is about. It's restricted, linear. I have very little choice as of the moment how I may proceed. My fate is sealed. I go to the PokéMart.

The keeper calls me over, pulls my movements to his desk. He hands me a parcel and sends me away to deliver it to Oak. Maybe I've been brought to this world to serve him? There's a thin illusion of freedom, but it's easily seen through.

The boy in the tall grass is my truest friend yet. His words held true, and I leap down Route 1, unhindered. Even through the final, unavoidable stretch, I am safe.

I enter the laboratory again. Professor stands, hands behind his back, face of stone, unchanging. I approach him, and hand him his package. He comments that it is his custom Pokéball, but no more than that is said.

TORMENT arrives, I watch him come in, when I turn to Professor, the package is nowhere to be seen. Professor sets about giving us his new invention, a PokéDex. I see now. He's testing me. He's brought me here, TORMENT, too. We're both experiments. Can we do his bidding?

TORMENT leaves, I follow soon after. I breathe the fresh, artificial air of Professor's Matrix, which is what I will from now on call this world.

I feel free.

It's time for the serious business.

I cannot catch the Pokémon of Route 1. There is some force stopping me. I reach town and buy 10 Pokéballs.

I leave through the exit to the west. My first encounter is a male Nidoran. I weaken it, and capture it. I assign the name, LUKE. He is level 2 as of the time of capture. I train him in Route 1 until he is of level 8.

I wander north and meet again with the old man who painstakingly shows me how to catch Pokémon. I pat him on the shoulder before backing away.

I continue north, to the new area. I catch a female Nidoran, who I dub LUCY. Level 6 on capture. She too is trained to level 8 in Route 1.

I've decided that I must proceed now to Viridian Forest. I heal up and spend what little money I have left on Potions. I shouldn't have stocked up on Pokéballs, I didn't need so many. I've yet to waste a Pokéball.

A feeling captures me, an opinion.

I THINK UR A CONTRA

I enter Viridian Forest. My first encounter is a CATERPIE, level 4. I capture him with ease, and name him HELPLESS. I train him to level 7 at which time he evolves into a Metapod. He's still helpless and still rather pointless.

I hesitate. I've been at this too long. The world shakes, my menu rises to the corner of my vision. SAVE.

Everything freezes a second, time stands still as everything as it is of the moment is memorized. All light in the world amplifies momentarily, brighter than the brightest star in the sky, before shrinking to an infinitely small spot in the center of my vision. All else is black.

The power was out.

Anyway, here's some author input.

I've been sketching ALLEN as he grows and his expression changes. Taking notes has been fun. Here's a picture:

p1204100238.jpg

Will continue from Viridian Forest tomorrow. It's 4:05 AM and I have school in 4 hours.

Posted

This is pretty cool.

Two questions:

You said that we should do it as well... Do you suggest pokemon themed only, or should we partake in other games as well?

What is RWP?

Keep it up or I will hurt myself. Haha, not a great reason to continue...

Posted

To answer the second part, Rare Witch Project.

I'll read it later Silves. D; Coolio

Posted

I googled RWP and that was one of the things that popped up. Didn't look at it though. Thanks for the info~

Posted

THIS IS WIN

I'd love to do this, maybe on a ROM or something, but to be honest, I doubt I'd stick with it.

THIS IS WIN

I'd love to do this, maybe on a ROM or something, but to be honest, I doubt I'd stick with it.