Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pokémon Yellow: Nuzlocke Run

32 posts in this topic

Posted

Indeed. And Phanta, I think it'd only really work with Pokémon, these rules. If you can find another game and make it awesome, then go ahead. Originality is a good idea.

Posted

Wait, rules? There are RULES?!?! Please explain the rules.

Posted

There are rules to playing Pokémon: Hard Mode. Look them up, it's become a meme really quickly.

Posted

So, I need to get my hands on a copy of this game without starting over something... I'm not gonna start over with Heartgold, thats for sure. But I'm definetly interested in doing this. The only problem is, I don't have a tablet. I would have to scan/take photos of everything I draw, or do it on mspaint.

Also, I think its cool that you caught a male and female nidoran. I just do.

Posted

Hmmm, you mean these?

-If a Pokemon in your party faints, you must release it.

-Every time you reach a new route, cave, etc., you must catch the very first Pokemon you see, regardless of your current number of party members. The Pokemon may sit within the box for an indeterminate amount of time as a backup.

-If you fail to catch the first Pokemon you see, either via it fleeing, knocking it out, or having no Pokeballs, you may not catch another. Tough shit.

-This means you can not catch a pokemon in a route you were in before you could catch pokemon. So no route 1, you were there before you had pokeballs.

-If a town you go to contains a body of water or a gift Pokemon like Bill’s Eevee in G/S/C/HG/SS, that may be considered a Pokemon of a new area.

-You must nickname your pokemon so there is some sort of attachment. Each pokemon is a best friend to you, to see them die is heartbreaking.

-If your entire party faints, they all must be thrown away. If you have a pokemon left in a box somewhere, you may continue, otherwise you must start your game over.

-Treat pokeballs as rare artifacts; at no point can you buy more than one from each store. You should only use ones you find in the wild or are awarded.

-You are, under no circumstance, allowed to get a second pokemon from any given area.

-You are, under no circumstance, allowed to use items outside of battle. If you were poisoned on your last turn of the battle, you better hope to god theres a pokemon center nearby.

-You may not switch out before the enemy trainer sends in a new Pokemon.

-You are not allowed to use legendaries in battle.

-If your pokemon is 4 levels higher then the pokemon you are fighting then you are not allowed to attack with that pokemon. (Wild pokemon only. Legendary pokemon acts like a trainer fight.)

Sounds fun! I guess i'll blog about pokemon blue, and draw a few pictures. Thanks for the idea~

Posted

I've only ignored that final rule so far. I wasn't aware of the Pokéball one, but I've never failed a capture yet, so from now on, I'll carry one PokéBall at a time.

Posted

Professor calls me over. He gives me PIKACHU. I assign the ball of data the name, ALLEN, and holster his cage on my belt.

???

???

Posted

If he dies, so do you.

But you already know that.

You've known since the instant you were born.

Posted

Because of you, I'm going to watch all of The Matrix and come up with a fantheory on how the world of Pokemon is the Matrix and Professor Oak is its God.

Posted

I was kind of hoping you would.

Posted

I want to do this soooooo bad. The only thing stopping me is lacking an open copy of blue or something. I'll have to raid my brothers' games for a copy of one I can use.

Posted

This is awesome. I'm looking forward to the rest~

Posted

Yup. I'm going to be away over the weekend, so since I'll be spending a lot of that trip in a minibus (probably for the whole 1,000 miles or so idk), I'll play it then. I'll take notes and I might write it up while on the bus.

Posted

I'm making plans for a Pokemon Blue Hardmode run.

But I have to figure out how to download Blue onto my computer :<

Posted

Sweet, I'll be sitting on a bus for 15 hours, so this seems like a perfect chance to try this out.