Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Young Link Addict.

183 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm sure you don't care. I'm just saying.

Also I was not. I'm am completely normal.

Posted

Define "normal".

Posted

I'm am completely normal.

Posted

That's it. I told you people not to push it, but you did.

I HATE MC! IT SUCKS!

There. Now I'll never play MC again. tongue.gif

I told you I'd do it, but who listens to Young Link Addict? No one.

Doesn't this only add a point to their side?

Posted

I HATE MC! IT SUCKS!

There. Now I'll never play MC again. :tongue:

I noticed that word just now, "again." YLA, you said you would never play this cell shaded game again. Even though you had so much fun with it, you'll never play it again, because its cell shaded. We've already established that but thats not the point.

You said "again." That means you've played this cell shaded game before. Which you've admitted was fun. The main thing here is, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure no one on this site, and I mean no one on this site has heard you complain about this game. Ever. Even though its cell shaded and should give you migraines a lot. Like, all the time. Just looking at it should melt your eyes. But no, you've played this game before, this cell shaded game and you liked it.

Posted

Ok YLA, seriously? That's actually pathetic, I think you're just taking the piss now.

Posted

YLA. Type in to the search bar: cel shading gives me headaches. You're one of the first 5 results. Almost no one shares your headaches.

Posted

I love Pheeny and his analysis!

Posted

I noticed that word just now, "again." YLA, you said you would never play this cell shaded game again. Even though you had so much fun with it, you'll never play it again, because its cell shaded. We've already established that but thats not the point.

You said "again." That means you've played this cell shaded game before. Which you've admitted was fun. The main thing here is, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure no one on this site, and I mean no one on this site has heard you complain about this game. Ever. Even though its cell shaded and should give you migraines a lot. Like, all the time. Just looking at it should melt your eyes. But no, you've played this game before, this cell shaded game and you liked it.

No MC is sprited. I just hate it because Toon Link is in it and Toon Link is basically most of my problems. He's the reason Brawl sucks. He's the reason Link is no longer a silent hero. For gods sakes he's a cat. He even proved it when he meowed. It's the graphics and the Link itself. Because Toon Link ruins everything. >_<

YLA:1

You guys:9430456

I don't know I just typed in a random number, but all I have to say is I got one.

Oh oh oh lookie what I found. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4ADFA_enUS373US373&ei=UKvUS7vFNsL58AaF55CzDw&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&ved=0CAUQBSgA&q=Cel+shaded+headaches&spell=1

Read it and weap. For those too lazy to click it.

For whatever reason my eyes have issues adjusting to cel-shading, and it gives me headaches, no joke. I've tried a few games with it like Zu ...

Cel-shading gives me a headache...thankfully...there is plenty of tylenol

No I didn't make that up, and I never really clicked the link, but I don't have to. ;)Make that YLA 2.

Posted

Figurehead, expressing disdain in someone doesn't require scathing insults, like you used to do.

That kind of thing gets you banned, not ranting about people. You just went out of your way to be mean.

Ok YLA, seriously? That's actually pathetic, I think you're just taking the piss now.

He's done this before.

After I pointed out that Four Swords Adventure was cel-shaded AND in Toon style, he said he'd never play it again and lamented over the fact that he discovered that it was toon styled and cel-shaded.

A game he said he enjoyed a lot.

See, I believe this thread is justified. Maybe not after the first few times YLA starts talking crap, but after a few years, it starts to get to you.

He's still yet to come up with a legitimate reason as to why he hates this game, and other cel-shaded or toon styled games, and when the whole ordeal started, he said he got slight headaches sometimes when he played for too long. It's now escalated to him saying he gets huge migraines every time he sees something that has only two shades in it or has a rounder than normal head. Now he's claiming that Wizard of Oz is bad because he thinks that all black and white movies are bad, (because he only saw the first part of the movie, which was in black and white, but refuses to watch the rest, which is in color, because he refuses to believe they are in color) except for the "Three Stoogies" because that's funny. :/ He is creating bias, then having his bias refuted even in his own eyes, then still believing in his biases.

YLA, I really want to be natural and nice to you and all that jazz, because that's how I normally am with people. You're making this quite hard, and you really can't blame us for making your irritable day worse. Guess what you do to my day sometimes? I have to sit in front of this screen all day tending to your horribly written responses like a worried mother, because like you, I'm pretty stubborn sometimes. I want to take the jaws of life to your head and pry open an answer. Something of intelligence needs to spring out and make me think, "Well, his points are valid from a certain perspective and understandable to mine, and were well thought out, so I guess he's entitled to his opinion."

It doesn't fly like that. You know what I get out of you?

"I hate this game because I am a whining twelve year old seventeen year old who makes up excuses for his lack of the creative ability to appreciate something that's different than how I think the world should be, and I won't come up with a reason, because I'm making it quite clear that I don't really have one."

All I get from you is BS. I spent hours, probably multiple days altogether, just replying to you and trying to get something that makes me back off of you. I'm not a bully. I'm trying to teach you how to defend yourself, but you don't want to learn.

So your irritable day being made worse by our talking about you might have mattered an iota a few years ago, but now I have to repay you for making my irritable days worse.

Like this, right here.

This is classic.

Ok you're sounding like my friend. "Don't diss Okami just because it's cel-shaded. I hate cel-shade too, but it's a good game." Bullfucking shit it's a good game. It's fucking cel-shade. What fucking part doesn't he get?

You actually liked this game. You said you only played like five minutes and didn't get headaches, right? I believe you praised it or thought about buying it. That quote right there is the epitome of ignorance. What doesn't he get? Well, I have to say he's also kind of stupid for hating cel-shaded games, but there's something YOU don't get. Games are games, correct? Movies are movies, correct? One sole thing that differentiates a movie from a game is interactivity. I'll tell you what this means.

In video games, you control the action, and from that, you receive your enjoyment. There are also many other factors such as plot, music, and art style.

In a movie, you don't control the action. You get your enjoyment primarily from the plot, actors, music, and image quality/presentation.

In Okami or Wind Waker, you are not watching a movie. The art style might irritate you a bit, but the whole thing revolves around how you play a game. You don't see people watching gameplay at an art museum or watching just gameplay like a movie. That would be stupid, right? Why are you watching this gameplay when you gather no fun unless you're playing it? (Mind you, some people like to spectate, but mostly because you can still imagine you're playing the game) That's what you're doing. You haven't even played the game, but you hate it. What if some random guy on the street just punches you. Right in the head, with all his might, and you fall over on the ground with some sort of concussion. You're falling unconscious, but you manage to ask, "Why?", and the guy responds, "Because after five minutes of seeing you and not talking to you, I decided I didn't like you at all."

You're him. You're the guy who hurts people for no reason. You're being completely irrational.

Do you want realism? Stop playing video games. You always whine and complain about how things are anime styled, or things are toon styled, or things aren't realistic enough. You know what? You are a fan of Earthbound. I don't see a lot of real life kids walking around with psychic powers. Their heads are also wider than their torsos. That isn't realism. That's anime styled. In fact, almost every 2D game is cel-shaded. You're contradicting yourself. Go outside if you want realism.

You're trying to live reality in a fantasy based escape mechanism. Video games are above reality. You can do whatever you want in there. The world can look like anything, or function in any way possible, but you want it painfully bound to the ground. Forget unique. Forget interesting. You want to play real life, but you don't like real life. You don't make sense to anyone but yourself.

In the Wizard of Oz, the first part of the movie is black and white. Despite SEVERAL eyewitnesses and linking to various resources that will TELL YOU that Wizard of Oz is a COLOR MOVIE, you REFUSE to believe them. Why would the internet and several people that know better about the topic, having actually watched the movie, benefit from lying to you? You think we're just BSing around? You think you'll watch just an extra TEN MINUTES to be disappointed in that there is no color? This is like you standing in the middle of train tracks refusing to believe a train is coming. It's RIGHT THERE. You hardly have to turn your head or exert any effort to see that I'm telling the truth. You're just covering your ears and thinking to yourself, "Man, I am the coolest. That crafty Sahaqiel can't fool me. All I have to do is ignore him and disagree with him for no legitimate reason." All that's going to happen is that the train is going to slam into you, full force, and kill you. Since you're dead so quickly, you don't even notice that you were wrong. That's what's going on here, except the train is more like several people giving you various points as to why you're wrong, and being dead is your ignorance.

I just want you to know that someday, maybe, you might see why you're an idiot. And it's going to slam into you like that train, only you're going to survive, twitching in agony on the ground. You might be painfully embarrassed. The longer it goes on, the more it's going to be embarrassing.

I want you to know this.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Games are games, correct? Movies are movies, correct? One sole thing that differentiates a movie from a game is interactivity. I'll tell you what this means.

In video games, you control the action, and from that, you receive your enjoyment. There are also many other factors such as plot, music, and art style.

In a movie, you don't control the action. You get your enjoyment primarily from the plot, actors, music, and image quality/presentation.

Well, except MGS4.

Posted

No MC is sprited. I just hate it because Toon Link is in it and Toon Link is basically most of my problems. He's the reason Brawl sucks. He's the reason Link is no longer a silent hero. For gods sakes he's a cat. He even proved it when he meowed. It's the graphics and the Link itself. Because Toon Link ruins everything. >_<

1: You didn't explain why Toon Link made Brawl suck.

2: Link is still a silent hero, Toon Link didn't grunt any more or less than any other Link.

3: He's not a cat, and being a cat wouldn't even be a bad thing.

4: So Toon Link can meow. That doesn't prove anything. I can meow. Am I a cat?

5: Toon Link ruins nothing, and you haven't backed up that notion.

I'll give you one point for some people agreeing with the headaches, but the above stated reasons are just retarded.

Sahaqiel

Posted

*Holds forehead while hitting desk softly.* Ok ok I give. I couldn't even read all of that. I'll shut up. I'll never click another WW, MC, bad PH, ST, or FSA topic again. >_< I shouldn't click topic that Jarhead posts in because it's going to piss me off. Can we just stop now?

Also I've never played Okami. My friend did. I watched him for 5 minutes it takes at least 10. I don't ever remember what happened.

Screw it I don't care.

Though I'm still not watching the Wizard of Oz.

Posted

Sahaqiel, your essay made me cry tears of joy. That was one of the greatest things I have ever read... Sadly, it seemed to be only partially effective against the ignorance that is YLA.

Posted

Then you don't give up. You're just doing what you've always done, only you're going to try and fail to avoid the topic again. This is a ZELDA forum. There are Zelda games with your hated cel-shading. We also like Okami. You saying that you never even played it just proves my point further. You have not one damn clue as to whether or not Okami is good, because you've never even played it. But you just said it was bad because it's cel-shaded.

You've missed the point of this rant. I recommend you read and understand it.