Runescape

81 posts in this topic

Posted

if you want to know how good a wii is e-mail sword master thats me :nervouslink:

Posted

I own the account names gingerlink, ginger.link and ginger_link, all of them are terrible though

my main (member account) is phyco_g and is level 93 combat, but my other skills are relatively high, i mostly do quests, only a few I havn't done.

Posted

Ahhh! Runescape! Leave this place of sanctity you evil being!!!

I take the same view as Gir on the matter. Basically Jagex abandoned the free people in favour of members.

And go to Guild Wars! A one off payment and you have an account indefinitely. And the same with the other versions of the game...

Posted

I hate Runescape. Horrible graphics. Terrible fighting system. I play MapleStory instead!! Wooooo!!!!!!! MapleStory rocks!!!! :D

Posted

I hate Runescape. Horrible graphics. Terrible fighting system. I play MapleStory instead!! Wooooo!!!!!!! MapleStory rocks!!!! :D

ur so called maplestory sucks. no offence. but its 2d side scrolling mmorpg... thats just...bad...

Posted

Abandonned the free people to work on members?

James (Aatch), have you any idea how to make money in this world?

Posted

Maple story does, in fact, suck.

Everyone here who plays RS...

For 6 months of Membership, you could have bought Guild Wars Prophecies.

For 9 months, Factions.

For 10 months, Nightfall.

Guild Wars accounts will last forever, but when you quit Guild Wars, your account is /never/ deleted. When you quit Runescape, you lose all the money you spent on Membership /and/ your account is deleted. Same with WoW.

Everything Arenanet has done with Guild Wars is perfect. No Account Deletion, no subscription fees, great price, leveling system, graphics, it all.

Runescape is only fun until you finally realise everyone is a jerk. And that the quests have no deep meaning. And that there's no point to partying. And that everyone will kill you in the wilderness, even a party. And that there are no quests that are actually difficult. And that you can play the entire game with no teamwork. And that it's java. And that you'll never go without stress. And that it will suck your life in if you're gullible. And that the leveling system sucks. And that there are no races. And that there are no professions. And that the battle system is stupid. And that the healing magic sucks. And that the magics are generic. And that you can't dual wield. And that animation is limited. And that you don't look like your dying, you look like you're bowing down to your superior. And that being drunk is boring. And that you can't go on a sugar rush (Fun as HELL.). And that Members get everything while free people are stuck to n00b stuff. And-

*Is suddenly hit in the head with a medicine ball.*

[/rant]

Posted

acualy, when u quit ur membership, ur account isnt deleted... it just degrades to free member.

Posted

After a month or two of inactivity, your account is locked. 3-4 months+ is account deletion.

Posted

it's not, i've got an old account called im_lenny, havn't been on in a well over a year, it's a free world played and is like level 3 in 2 things and 1 in everything else except HP.

I just managed to get on it fine...

Posted

ur so called maplestory sucks. no offence. but its 2d side scrolling mmorpg... thats just...bad...

Have you ever played it? Thats the question. If you haven't, then how would you know how stupid it is? :angry: And have you ever really taken the time to see that Runescape does have everything that I listed before? It does have horrible graphics. It looks like the characters are formed from clay except for the fact that they're in a computer. It does have a horrible battle system. You click on who or what you want to attack and then your character fights like a toy soldier. So don't go saying MapleStory sucks when Runescape has things that suck in it. AND YOU CLICK WHERE YOU WANT TO WALK!! That is, in my opinion, stupid. :D

Posted

[rant]

alright lets see make a better game than that using java.

who cares if they fight like toy soldiers. no1 rly cares, and clicking where u wont to walk... wth, how else are u suppose to walk? theres no other way to walk? u cant use any keys on the keyboard to walk? the arrows keys are used up for the camera view...

and also, i hated maplestory from the second i even loaded the main page

in big bold words "2d side scrolling game!" woa... side scrolling...awsome -.- not!

and so what if the runescape chars look liek theor made from clay.

the ones in maple story proberly look like a 10 minute job on paint. with 1 or 2 shades of colour.

[/rant]

Posted

Actually, Maple Story characters have very detailed faces and bodies, unlike a single plate of armor stuck to your character's body.

Well, Mikel, let's see you make a better game in general.

Wait...It's been done.

Seriously, Runescape needs to work on some new graphics and maybe a new platform, AKA Flash. 'Lest they are too poor to afford the 600 dollar (or so) project.

Costs a lot of money to run all those servers.

Posted

Flash is near impossible to program anything 3d in, you can only get faux-3d.

If it ran on any other type of engine as well, i.e. more high powered 3d ones, it would not be able to remain a browser based game, which is the point, you don't have to download anything to play it and they want to keep it that way.

Posted

lol posting on my wii

well its to hard 4 jagex to put rs onto another platform cushion they wld have to rewrite the whole script and also, i think its on java so ppl cant copy the game. (download it etc)